Pay to debark later on Royal?

Hello cruisers,

I haven't been around for a while, but preparing for our upcoming Liberty cruise, so of course I'm back on CC :-)

Our flights home don't leave until 7pm, can we pay to stay on the ship longer? I think they offered that on Norwegian. Pay an extra $100 pp and debark at 3pm or something.

I guess we could also do a post-cruise excursion, but that would only kill a couple of hours. We debark in Newark btw.

Suggestions? Thanks!

I've seen paid, late disembarcation in Europe but never it the U.S. Could be down to the U.S. rules where they have to have a zero count before they let new guests embarc.

Pete

Pete,

You are exactly right. We've done many B2B's and have seen the turnover operation up close many times.

R&D

Edited by Pumbaamd

As Sadman indicated, getting to the "zero" count on schedule is their primary goal on disembarkation morning. They do not like having to hunt down stragglers. It just mucks up the whole transition schedule. You would be far better off finding an excursion to fill your day. Enjoy your cruise!

On one of MiddleAgedDramaQueens's reviews she said she had arranged for late disembarkation, but on the day they kicked them off the ship early. She goes by KansCocoa.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1668619

I've enjoyed her cruise reviews, and she includes lots of photos to give us even more!

Edited by knittinggirl

I just made 2 bookings for Feb 17 and 2 different ships. The 1st is out of Miami and the second which will depart later the same day we disembark will go out of Fort Lauderdale. Anyway made the booking through RCCL and the agent asked if we wanted to stay on the first ship longer that day and I believe the cost was going to be 34.00 USD