New NCL Freestyle - Free booze

Topsham

Topsham

From 2016....

NCL

'New' Freestyle Cruising.

Beer, wine etc... FREE

Sodas etc... FREE

Premium cocktails and wines... up to $11 per glass.

Interesting!!!!!

Not only that but the Penthouse Suite I booked to sail NCL, included pre-paid auto gratuities, no up charge for all surcharge restaurants and OBC $200.

I had booked a Neptune Suite on Westerdam to sail in January with my friends and the fare for that cabin was only about ~ $120 lower than my Bermuda cruise on NCL. Certainly the unlimited beverages, specialty dining and automatic tips are more than $120. Then factor the $200 OBC.

I never would have booked a NCL cruise under 'usual' circumstances but I am trying to find my new normal and usual circumstances.

I will assuredly be posting comments when I return.

From what I can gather comparing Penthouse Cabin on NCL to Neptune on Westerdam they should be quite similar?

Edited by sail7seas

Just on the NCL Sky though......

Not true.

I am sailing Dawn.

Nothing is free ;) This is not really any different than HAL raising the price and giving every passenger an Explore4 card.

It is different. NCL's price is very close to what I was being charged for Westerdam in very similar category suites.

Edited by sail7seas

From what I can gather comparing Penthouse Cabin on NCL to Neptune on Westerdam they should be quite similar? [/b]

Not sure how the Penthouse categories are on Dawn, but if similar to Pearl (Dawn and Pearl are NOT sister ships) then that is correct.

Similar configuration and size for the most part, but then you get all the extra Haven amenities on NCL

it's only on one ship and it's simply a way to justify higher prices on an older less amenity-laden ship.

Smart move.

It is not only one ship. My Dawn reservation includes $200 OBC, the unlimited beverage package that is worth something to me as I can have a glass of wine up to $11 (on HAL, the few wines that are included are not to my taste), all dining surcharges, gratuities and OBC of $200.

They really don't need to offer this on Dawn sailing Boston to Bermuda as that is a very popular cruise summer after summer.

I am no NCL expert but I think some of those benefits are being offered on more of their ships than just the two mentioned.

I have never sailed NCL before but am very interested to compare 'suite experience to suite experience'.

Edited by sail7seas

Sail7seas...OP was referring to the announcement from NCL that was issued earlier today for the NCL Sky offering all inclusive drinks on all of the Sky's sailings.

Different to what you are speaking of.

Sail7seas...OP was referring to the announcement from NCL that was issued earlier today for the NCL Sky offering all inclusive drinks on all of the Sky's sailings.

Different to what you are speaking of.

Not really all that different.

Many guests are getting the UBP with their booking.

Not all are getting the other benefits but I think there is a trend on other NCL ships for beverages to be included. I don't think the price was adjusted to include the benefits as Explore 4 was shown to in cases that were written of here on CC. Some people lost their Explore 4 if they took advantage of a price drop. That has not happened on NCL that I have yet read.

It is not only one ship. My Dawn reservation includes $200 OBC, the unlimited beverage package that is worth something to me as I can have a glass of wine up to $11 (on HAL, the few wines that are included are not to my taste), all dining surcharges, gratuities and OBC of $200.

They really don't need to offer this on Dawn sailing Boston to Bermuda as that is a very popular cruise summer after summer.

I am no NCL expert but I think some of those benefits are being offered on more of their ships than just the two mentioned.

I have never sailed NCL before but am very interested to compare 'suite experience to suite experience'.

You booked under their Freestyle Choice promotion so you got all of that. Many people got a choice of one or two things, you booked a Haven category so you got them all.

This announcement is saying that this is the ONLY way Norwegian Sky will operate all the way around, for everyone, every cruise.

Like when Carnival had the ONE non-smoking ship... or how P&O has a couple of adult only ships... It's part of the fleet but operates outside of the "usual" rules.

What Topsham mentioned in his original post -- and for only 1 ships -- still would not get us back to NCL.

I seem to be having trouble expressing myself today but I am on a different NCL ship and I am getting that plus so much more on my cruise.

I am getting it that people are saying it has only been announced for Sky but they are giving it on Dawn and other NCL ships.

When I booked, I had no idea about it and was pleasantly surprised to hear all the benefits included for my booking.

When I return, surely will post comments as to my comparisons HAL suite experience to NCL suite experience. I am very appreciative to my friends who are so kind to be helping me get back to sea now as a solo.

I seem to be having trouble expressing myself today but I am on a different NCL ship and I am getting that plus so much more on my cruise.

I am getting it that people are saying it has only been announced for Sky but they are giving it on Dawn and other NCL ships.

When I booked, I had no idea about it and was pleasantly surprised to hear all the benefits included for my booking.

When I return, surely will post comments as to my comparisons HAL suite experience to NCL suite experience. I am very appreciative to my friends who are so kind to be helping me get back to sea now as a solo.

What you received on your booking Sail was a "promo" that NCL had on at that time. Following is the announcement that was issued earlier today. From now on, on the Sky, you will receive free drinks - always. This is a one ship deal in the fleet as previously mentioned. It is not a promotion or temporary offer.

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE INTRODUCES ALL-INCLUSIVE CRUISING, NOW WITH FREE UNLIMITED PREMIUM OPEN BAR

Beginning January 2016 all guests sailing aboard Norwegian Sky will enjoy an even more all-inclusive cruise experience with dining, entertainment and now free unlimited beer, wine and premium spirits included. Whether they choose white or red, shaken or stirred, on the rocks or straight up, Norwegian Sky guests will revel in the freedom and flexibility of the most inclusive contemporary cruise vacation at sea.

"We're taking Freestyle Cruising to the next level to provide our guests with an experience unmatched by any other contemporary cruise line," said Andy Stuart, president and chief operating officer for Norwegian Cruise Line. "Norwegian Sky guests will have the freedom to enjoy a cruise vacation the way they desire-whether it's lounging by the pool with a margarita, having a laugh at a comedy show, catching up on their favorite book on their balcony, or indulging in fine dining- all included in their cruise fare."

Guests will enjoy a variety of unlimited premium spirits, innovative cocktails curated by the award-winning mixologists from Miami's Bar Lab, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $11 aboard Norwegian Sky in 2016 and beyond*. Guests 3 to 20 years of age will enjoy unlimited sodas and juice throughout their cruise.

* Guests must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to enjoy premium beverages

Regards,

Industry Development Team

Norwegian Cruise Line

I have several cruises booked with NCL (different ships) under the "Freestyle Promo". It includes the UDP, UDB, pre-paid gratuities and OBC.:) It's a great deal!

Edited by BSR

What you received on your booking Sail was a "promo" that NCL had on at that time. Following is the announcement that was issued earlier today. From now on, on the Sky, you will receive free drinks - always. This is a one ship deal in the fleet as previously mentioned. It is not a promotion or temporary offer.

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE INTRODUCES ALL-INCLUSIVE CRUISING, NOW WITH FREE UNLIMITED PREMIUM OPEN BAR

Beginning January 2016 all guests sailing aboard Norwegian Sky will enjoy an even more all-inclusive cruise experience with dining, entertainment and now free unlimited beer, wine and premium spirits included. Whether they choose white or red, shaken or stirred, on the rocks or straight up, Norwegian Sky guests will revel in the freedom and flexibility of the most inclusive contemporary cruise vacation at sea.

"We're taking Freestyle Cruising to the next level to provide our guests with an experience unmatched by any other contemporary cruise line," said Andy Stuart, president and chief operating officer for Norwegian Cruise Line. "Norwegian Sky guests will have the freedom to enjoy a cruise vacation the way they desire-whether it's lounging by the pool with a margarita, having a laugh at a comedy show, catching up on their favorite book on their balcony, or indulging in fine dining- all included in their cruise fare."

Guests will enjoy a variety of unlimited premium spirits, innovative cocktails curated by the award-winning mixologists from Miami's Bar Lab, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $11 aboard Norwegian Sky in 2016 and beyond*. Guests 3 to 20 years of age will enjoy unlimited sodas and juice throughout their cruise.

* Guests must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to enjoy premium beverages

Regards,

Industry Development Team

Norwegian Cruise Line

Thanks, Sulo.

They seem to truly be taking Free Style to a new level.

Others must be watching closely.

It's not an issue in expressing yourself. I think you're simply getting a promotion that you were lucky enough to book under, which BASICALLY makes your cruise nearly all-inclusive and you're confusing that temporary (but very awesome) promotion with what is to be standard operating procedure for one ship in their fleet beginning next year.

What you have based on your booked promotion and category will be what literally everyone booking Norwegian Sun will get starting next year.

It's a very good deal.

Did you see Sulo's post? That was very helpful and informative.

After my cruise, I will know just how good, or not, it is.

Edited by sail7seas

[

When I return, surely will post comments as to my comparisons HAL suite experience to NCL suite experience.

[/b]

sail7seas,

You will definitely love NCL suite experience. I got hooked on the suite life and it's hard to go back to a regular balcony. I can't compare it to any other cruise lines as I been sailing with NCL for many years and done 1 other cruise on Carnival, but not in a suite. Which type of suite do you book? I been in several aft penthouse suites and the 2 bedrooms. They are big and spacious.

Not only that but the Penthouse Suite I booked to sail NCL, included pre-paid auto gratuities, no up charge for all surcharge restaurants and OBC $200.

I had booked a Neptune Suite on Westerdam to sail in January with my friends and the fare for that cabin was only about ~ $120 lower than my Bermuda cruise on NCL. Certainly the unlimited beverages, specialty dining and automatic tips are more than $120. Then factor the $200 OBC.

I never would have booked a NCL cruise under 'usual' circumstances but I am trying to find my new normal and usual circumstances.

I will assuredly be posting comments when I return.

From what I can gather comparing Penthouse Cabin on NCL to Neptune on Westerdam they should be quite similar?

Hi Sail. I think you will enjoy your cruise with NCL. We have had a lot of fun with them. Trying HAL this time because we wanted to try something different. We are looking at a 2 week b2b for Canada/New England and then on to Bermuda with NCL for September of 2016. It is a wonderful intinerary that we just don't think we can pass up. It will also be our first cruise that is longer than just a week. We will however be in a suite on NCL for the first time if we do book that cruise. NCL does treat their suite guests very well. Your cruise should be awesome, I hope you have nice weather that week.

Lorie

Edited by galensgrl

sail7seas,

You will definitely love NCL suite experience. I got hooked on the suite life and it's hard to go back to a regular balcony. I can't compare it to any other cruise lines as I been sailing with NCL for many years and done 1 other cruise on Carnival, but not in a suite. Which type of suite do you book? I been in several aft penthouse suites and the 2 bedrooms. They are big and spacious.

It is such an odd feeling for me to have no HAL cruises booked but one on NCL. It has been many years and about 80+ cruises since we sailed any line but HAL. :eek:

On HAL, we are always in Neptune Suite ("SA") and love that cabin.

On NCL, I booked a forward Penthouse ("SE"). I am sailing solo in the cabin and am sure that should more than enough space for me. I'm not particularly fond of aft cabins and don't love the location of the "SE" but my friends are nearby in the huge Suite. This location will make it unnecessary for me to walk all the way aft when I leave my friends.

Hi Sail. I think you will enjoy your cruise with NCL. We have had a lot of fun with them. Trying HAL this time because we wanted to try something different. We are looking at a 2 week b2b for Canada/New England and then on to Bermuda with NCL for September of 2016. It is a wonderful intinerary that we just don't think we can pass up. It will also be our first cruise that is longer than just a week. We will however be in a suite on NCL for the first time if we do book that cruise. NCL does treat their suite guests very well. Your cruise should be awesome, I hope you have nice weather that week.

Lorie

I sure hope and intend to try my best to have the best possible cruise.

I need this vacation and change will do me good........ hopefully. Without my friends, I don't know if I would have booked this but most likely not.

Edited by sail7seas

From 2016....

NCL

'New' Freestyle Cruising.

Beer, wine etc... FREE

Sodas etc... FREE

Premium cocktails and wines... up to $11 per glass.

Interesting!!!!!

Celebrity is pretty much including a beverage package on almost all of their cruises (with the exception of the transatlantic and shorter cruises). They offer includes gratuities and OBC on many as well.

They have unlimited internet for top Suite guests too.