Ncl itp

Good Morning,

I am curious about the Independant Traveler Program. I am looking at the FGL Cruise in November with some friends however, i would be sailing by myself (I know about the SOLO traveler forum). My question specifically is has anyone tried the ITP? and what your experience was. I would love to have a balcony - but I dont want to pay 200% surcharge. I have been only ever on Carnival and Princess (next sail date 24 days!!! woot)

Any advise you folks can provide would be appreciated :)

You mean the studio rooms on the Breakaway-class ships and/or solo meet in the studio lounge? The studio room is price for one. The solo meet is scheduled at like 5 or 6pm, its listed in the ship dailies - its the time where other soloers from all different cabins categories meet up with the solo coordinator and make plans ( dinner, day, whatever). It was pretty nice and relaxing. You don't have to participate in the solo meet if you don't want to - the beauty of NCL Freestyle cruising.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Introducing the Independent Traveler Program!

Guests 21 years and up (as of November 7, 2015) can now book a double occupancy interior, ocean view or balcony stateroom and pay only one cabin fare and one set of taxes and fees. We will contact you 60 – 90 days prior to sailing or once the event approaches a sell out to verify that you have not found your own match and still wish to be matched with another ITP guest.

thats what is on the website :)

Independent Traveler Program is run by the company who charters the cruise, not Norwegian. It is something that Sixth Man Cruises typically does to avoid having singles in double occupancy cabins by matching them with other single travelers. The benefit to the single cruiser is that they can still go on the cruise for the double occupancy price :)

That being said, on this particular forum, I'm not so sure you'll find a lot of people who have tried it. You might try a forum related to Sixth Man cruises.

Independent Traveler Program is run by the company who charters the cruise, not Norwegian. It is something that Sixth Man Cruises typically does to avoid having singles in double occupancy cabins by matching them with other single travelers. The benefit to the single cruiser is that they can still go on the cruise for the double occupancy price :)

That being said, on this particular forum, I'm not so sure you'll find a lot of people who have tried it. You might try a forum related to Sixth Man cruises.

Aha, that's why I was confused.

Sorry O.P, I have no info about it. Personally there is no way I would bunk up with a complete stranger.

Enjoy your cruise though.

Aha, that's why I was confused.

Sorry O.P, I have no info about it. Personally there is no way I would bunk up with a complete stranger.

Enjoy your cruise though.

Ditto - if its not family and/or friends, I rather not share my cabin at all, especially the bathroom....

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

I guess you could say we are kinda doing that in the GV. Rooming with 7 other women in the GV. Although now I have actually met in person 4 of the girls. Bye the time we sail next year will probably have met them all.

Geri

You're sharing a villa with 7 other women? Huh...I haven't heard anything about this.

My sister who is traveling solo next month booked a inside cabin using this program. She was told she would get a guaranteed room when she arrived at the ship. We are on Jade sailing out of Venice. The price she got was great; much less than expected. Anyway; once cruise was paid in full; she received an email with her room assignment. She is on Deck 8 inside cabin. Not bad; since my wife and I are on deck 10.

My daughter who sailed on the GA told me about it and thought it was a great idea..every room is single tho small and inside..the singles have their own 2 story bar and each person has an assistant assigned to them so if they want to eat with someone that night it is arranged or you can eat alone....the only thing is she would like to have seen balcony cabins added to the group..

Jancruz1