A Few Dawn Questions......

sail7seas

The safe holds our wallet, passport, cell phones, iPad and jewelry. Can't answer about the buffet but someone will come along with the answer. We prefer specialty restaurants and breakfast and lunch from Cagney's delivered to the suite.

Edited by watchdiva

Buffet Hours:

Breakfast: Somewhere between 6 a.M. dnd 7 A.M. Early Riser 5:30 A.M. Limited items

Closes between 10:30 A.M. and 11:00 A.M.

Lunch: 11:30 A.M. to about 3:30 P.M.

Dinner: 5:30 P.M. to about 8:30 P.M.

This photo of the safe is from our collection for the standard stateroom (OV/Balcony) taken and typical of the ones installed for the Dawn/Jewel/Star/Gem ships - it shouldn't be any smaller than your category - and, it is definitely much bigger than the ones now in the *Away class mega-ships.

It was pretty deep - my travel laptop was a slim 12" Dell Latitude then and it fit inside, along with iPad2. Nowadays, I can't fit a smaller Sony Vaio NB into the newer safe even if I wanted to, not that I find it necessary.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much everyone.

I expect we'll have breakfast in Cagney's but I was interested to know Buffet hours in case I want to go early to get a muffin and coffee. :o Do they offer a decent bran muffin? :D

Edited by sail7seas

Thanks so much everyone.

I expect we'll have breakfast in Cagney's but I was interested to know Buffet hours in case I want to go early to get a muffin and coffee. :o Do they offer a decent bran muffin? :D

I believe 5 a.m. for limited "early riser" offerings, which would include at least muffins and coffee.

Thanks so much everyone.

Hi Sail! I remember you from the HAL. Boards. I am on the Dawn right now. Here is the info you need. You can also have your butler bring you early morning coffe and muffins, or make coffee in your cabin with the lavazza machine.

Early risers garden cafe 5:30-7 am

Garden cafe buffet 7 am-11:30 am

O'Sheehan's (renamed/remodeled Blue Lagoon) in the Dawn/Jewel class ships have self-service coffee/tea/hot water and they have small paper cup w. lids so that you can walk around with them - or, so as we do while traveling, bring an insulated thermos (ours being 7.5 oz is much "bigger" than those tiny cups in the buffet/MDR & stay very warm for 6+ hours)

Stay away from those semi ? toasted muffins (nothing remotely close to a Thomas) & don't recall seeing any bran ones - I only eat them if it's part of the Eggs Benedict at breakfast time. Stick with the croissant or mini-pastries, and the French toasts are decent - even without butter or syrup, IMO. Food opinions are highly subjective, of course.

Edited by mking8288

Hi Sail! I remember you from the HAL. Boards. I am on the Dawn right now. Here is the info you need. You can also have your butler bring you early morning coffe and muffins, or make coffee in your cabin with the lavazza machine.

Early risers garden cafe 5:30-7 am

Garden cafe buffet 7 am-11:30 am

Thanks so much for the info everyone. You are really a helpful bunch here. :)

I remember you, too, knitlady. Nice to 'see' you again. Hope you are having a great cruise.