Corkage fees

I have actually never brought on a bottle of wine, but we are this Sunday. If we open it in one restaurant, do we take it back to the cabin and then take it to the next restaurant the next night?

I ask because we are only good for about 1 glass of wine per evening. :rolleyes:

Thanks

I have actually never brought on a bottle of wine, but we are this Sunday. If we open it in one restaurant, do we take it back to the cabin and then take it to the next restaurant the next night?

I ask because we are only good for about 1 glass of wine per evening. :rolleyes:

Thanks

They will keep it and have it delivered to the MDR (or whichever specialty restaurant you tell them). I have done this in the past with no difficulties - they record it under your room number

Thanks

I would trust the MDR to keep your wine. Not so sure about the specialty restaurants. I know they are supposed to be able to keep track of it, but I think if I was in a specialty restaurant and had a bottle of wine I wanted to use elsewhere, I would probably keep it myself.

Thanks

You should buy I very good bottle and share it with your fellow cruise critics, nice to have the bottle in the room for nightcap or to bring it to dinner next day.

Thanks

We did this on our recent cruise - brought a bottle to Chops, but only drank about half of it and brought the rest back to the cabin. We then took the other half of the bottle to dinner with us the following night.

This wasn't really what we planned to do, as we are usually not averse to finishing a full bottle, between the two of us, over dinner, but that's just the way it worked out, and it was fine bringing the other half to dinner the next night.

Is it only in the restaurants that you are allowed to drink the wine you brought onboard?

I don't recall seeing anyone carrying a bottle to a lounge, but I don't think there is any rule against it. You might not have a server as anxious to help you out with glasses and uncorking outside of a dining venue, but you can drink it just about anywhere.

Should you tip the server with cash when you bring your own bottle?

If you drink it in any dining venue, the servers are already included in the automatic gratuities. If you took it to a lounge and the brought glasses and opened it for you then I'm sure a cash tip would be appreciated

If you drink it in any dining venue, the servers are already included in the automatic gratuities. If you took it to a lounge and the brought glasses and opened it for you then I'm sure a cash tip would be appreciated

Thank you! That was helpful!

Don't laugh!!! Don't judge please.

I'm not a "drinker", but I do love Moscato. The bottles I drink are screw cap.

Would it be ok to bring this to the dining room especially since there's no corkage fee anyway?

Edited by DebbieN167

Don't laugh!!! Don't judge please.

I'm not a "drinker", but I do love Moscato. The bottles I drink are screw cap.

Would it be ok to bring this to the dining room especially since there's nothing corkage fee anyway?

No problem. Screw caps are becoming more common anymore.