Few Questions About NCL Dawn

Relax Cruiser

Will be on the Dawn from Boston-Bermuda and was wondering if we were required to carry formals (Suits/Dresses)?

Also, whats the latest time we're allowed to check-in? And the earliest?

We have booked inside cabins- can someone tell me what they're like?

Thanks!

Will be on the Dawn from Boston-Bermuda and was wondering if we were required to carry formals (Suits/Dresses)?

Thanks!

Inside cabins... well, they are pretty basic... they have a bathroom, closet, two beds that can be joined if necessary, sometimes additional beds that unfold from the walls to make bunk style beds... Its a basic room. Very dark 24 hours a day. Make sure you get a travel alarm clock, or a nightlight, or use the wake up call feature because you really have no sense of what time it is without natural light.

Thanks!

Nope, formal wear is not required, but NCL has Dress up or Not Night. You can dress up if you wish. That is the beauty of NCL's resort casual dress code.

I have never been in an inside, so can't help there.

We cruised out of New Orleans on April 5th. We had an inside room on deck 4. The room was small with limited storage. However, the bathroom was large without the dreaded shower curtain. Service was excellent as well as the food in the MDR. Our main complaint was that there was only one main pool. It was very busy and very noisy.

We have always had an inside cabin - this time we have a balcony (and UDP ! ) I have never had a problem with the inside cabin - I have attached some photos from the Dawn (with a picture of my favorite towel animal). We always have the beds joined - I think there is plenty of storage (the suitcases fit under the bed).

I dress up for dinner every night - no tuxedos but nice dresses:D NCL is all about having the vacation you want so if you want to dress up 1 night or 7 nights or 0 nights it is up to you!!

Any questions - let me know!

IMG_1882.jpg.eb9f45c6bb7c911915e348b173d04083.jpg

IMG_1883.jpg.726c780c40752f778514f90bdd9e4e19.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg.0b1de9b4cb1dabe4692ad16f87f9ab15.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg.8f9cdb745658cf424a05493dc06fd86b.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg.617eaad26e9168660ecf98c60ea50823.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg.154f9304f5564c015bd6ddf07b6505ca.jpg

We have always had an inside cabin - this time we have a balcony (and UDP ! ) I have never had a problem with the inside cabin - I have attached some photos from the Dawn (with a picture of my favorite towel animal). We always have the beds joined - I think there is plenty of storage (the suitcases fit under the bed).

I dress up for dinner every night - no tuxedos but nice dresses:D NCL is all about having the vacation you want so if you want to dress up 1 night or 7 nights or 0 nights it is up to you!!

Any questions - let me know!

Thank you!

Did I read your post on the Bermuda forum saying you'll be there on Bermuda Day? Any chance we might be traveling same cruise? We are traveling from Boston and will also be there on Bermuda Day!

We cruised out of New Orleans on April 5th. We had an inside room on deck 4. The room was small with limited storage. However, the bathroom was large without the dreaded shower curtain. Service was excellent as well as the food in the MDR. Our main complaint was that there was only one main pool. It was very busy and very noisy.

We went out of nola Apr 12. We had 500 less people than you and 300 less under 18s. Pool was never busy at all.

Thank you!

Did I read your post on the Bermuda forum saying you'll be there on Bermuda Day? Any chance we might be traveling same cruise? We are traveling from Boston and will also be there on Bermuda Day!

We'll be on the Dawn June 12th too!

Thank you!

Yes - we are on the same cruise!

Someone already posted pictures of the inside cabin and that's basically what they all look like in the NCL fleet on those ships.

However, know that a few years ago, they removed the Spinnaker Lounge with the windows all the way around it and made that entire area mini-suites. So, of course the interiors there are "newer" and they look a little different. They are located on deck 12. So, not sure where you interior is located and thought I would mention this.

Also, if you have a sideways cabin, it's different as well. (We love the sideways cabin and have a room not only booked on the "newer" deck 12 interiors but it's also a sideways cabin). :D

Hi mitsugirly My name is Muriel & my Husband Butch will be on the Dawn on June 5th. I think we are on the same cruise. Anyways how is a sideways cabin different? We had a sideways cabin on the princess Diamond & it was bigger. Is that what you meant?

Hi mitsugirly My name is Muriel & my Husband Butch will be on the Dawn on June 5th. I think we are on the same cruise. Anyways how is a sideways cabin different? We had a sideways cabin on the princess Diamond & it was bigger. Is that what you meant?

Yep, looks like we are on the same cruise on the Dawn in June.

With the sideways cabin it's just a different configuration (not sure it's actually bigger and I doubt it, but it feels like it). When you walk into the door to one side will be the bed area and to the other side you'll have a small hall with the closets and the door going in to the bathroom. I'll see if I can find some pictures. I know I seen some posted online of the newer ones on the Dawn.

Yep, looks like we are on the same cruise on the Dawn in June.

With the sideways cabin it's just a different configuration (not sure it's actually bigger and I doubt it, but it feels like it). When you walk into the door to one side will be the bed area and to the other side you'll have a small hall with the closets and the door going in to the bathroom. I'll see if I can find some pictures. I know I seen some posted online of the newer ones on the Dawn.

Yes,that is the way it was on the Princess Diamond & we were very satisfied.:D I don't know if you are from New England but we are near the border of New Hampshire & boy did we have a bad & cold winter! I had cabin fever all winter.:eek: I'm so ready for this cruise!