Taking wine onboard

Can someone tell me what you are allowed to take on board now? I'm having a heck of time finding it? I know NO liquor but I thought I read where you can take wine?

thanks in advance

Elaine

Two bottles of wine or champagne per stateroom, regardless of the number of guests in the stateroom, each bottle no larger than 750ml.

Edited by clarea

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqType=faq

Wine can be in your carry on or checked luggage. Just be prepared to pick your luggage up in the naughty room if you put it in your checked luggage.

For those of you who fly in with your wine. How do you package it so the TSA doesnt break it? Im on the AOS in October, and have been saving two really nice bottles for the occasion. It would be a shame to have to wring the wine out of my clothes.

For those of you who fly in with your wine. How do you package it so the TSA doesnt break it? Im on the AOS in October, and have been saving two really nice bottles for the occasion. It would be a shame to have to wring the wine out of my clothes.

Buy it in PR. The last time we were on AOS they had a wine shop right at the port. But we had already purchased it at a local grocery store with reasonable prices.

Wine Diapers:

http://www.amazon.com/Diaper-Reusable-Absorbent-Eco-Friendly-Accessory/dp/B00308FONW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429817422&sr=8-1&keywords=wine+diaper

Thanks for the info re the "diapers" for the wine bottles. FYI, we bring bubble wrap, but this is even a better idea. If you are flying to the port, you must put the wine in your suitcase and take it out at the port and put it into a carryon bag.

Sheila

How do they monitor the 2 bottle per stateroom limit? If the 2 occupants board at separate times with wine in their carry on, could they get in with 4 bottles?

Not even being a wine drinker, this did occur to me :p

If there are 2 of you, do they "assign" the 2 bottles when you are checking in so the other one of you will be caught if they board with another 2? :D

Not even being a wine drinker, this did occur to me :p

If there are 2 of you, do they "assign" the 2 bottles when you are checking in so the other one of you will be caught if they board with another 2? :D

They just look at the bottles and send you on your way. No check list as to which cabin has 2 bottles. The other passenger could be in the next line and would not even be associated with the other.:D

I would keep any extra bottles in your cabin, out of sight.

Edited by retiredgram

They just look at the bottles and send you on your way. No check list as to which cabin has 2 bottles. The other passenger could be in the next line and would not even be associated with the other.:D

I would keep any extra bottles in your cabin, out of sight.

Not true for every port. Many have reported there being check lists at the port. The more people who boast about bringing extras on board, the more checklists we will see.

Not true for every port. Many have reported there being check lists at the port. The more people who boast about bringing extras on board, the more checklists we will see.

True. When we boarded in New Orleans, I had two bottles in my back-pack, and they recorded my name/cabin number.

True. When we boarded in New Orleans, I had two bottles in my back-pack, and they recorded my name/cabin number.

When was this? When we boarded Serenade last January in New Orleans there was no notice taken of the 2 bottles in my husband's backpack. I could have had two as well if I'd wanted to. We had the drink package but brought a brand we love that they don't carry on board. We enjoyed the wine we brought with us on our balcony late night while winding down before bed. I would do it again, even with the Premium package.

When was this? When we boarded Serenade last January in New Orleans there was no notice taken of the 2 bottles in my husband's backpack. I could have had two as well if I'd wanted to. We had the drink package but brought a brand we love that they don't carry on board. We enjoyed the wine we brought with us on our balcony late night while winding down before bed. I would do it again, even with the Premium package.

We boarded Easter weekend, April 4. Of course, it doesn't matter much now, since RC is not sailing out of New Orleans, but sometimes they seem to keep track, other times not. We had sailed out of New Orleans a couple years ago and didn't have any sort of wine check that I can remember for that cruise.