Free Premium Drinks 2016 & Beyond

Brandywine_101

Has anyone else recieved an email from Norwegian announcing free premium drinks on sailings beginning 2016 and beyond? I'm on my phone and haven't been able to find anything else on their website. I'm wondering if this is a promotion or their new policy - which would be LOVELY! I'm guardedly optimistic about it. :D

Edited by Brandywine_101

Has anyone else recieved an email from Norwegian announcing free premium drinks on sailings beginning 2016 and beyond? I'm on my phone and haven't been able to find anything else on their website. I'm wondering if this is a promotion or their new policy - which would be LOVELY! I'm guardedly optimistic about it. :D

All that I've seen thus far that it is only on the Sky.

Kind of ironic that with your screen name you find this lovely (jk).

Edited by dexddd

Yes, it's just the Sky for the three and four day 'booze cruises' starting in January 2016.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it rolled out across the fleet if, and only if, it is a money-maker. Time will tell. In the meantime, we have to settle for the UBP on all other ships except POA, repos and transatlantics.

When they say "Premium Drinks" it's only up to $11.00. Anything over $11.00 you pay the difference plus the gratuity on the difference.

So far, I've only heard about this on the SKY beginning in 2016.

Harriet

Among the cruise emails that we received a few days ago was from one of the TA, stating that "free" UBP will be discontinued as of April 30, 2015 (which is next week) - of course, the package will most definitely continued to be available for sale fleetwide afterward.

See post #4 - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2199978&highlight=may+promo

This isn't a rumor and I considered it as informative as anything else as far as digital e-media is concerned, CC rules do not permit posting of the names but I'm sure some of you might've gotten the same info if you subscribe to or otherwise get these emails ... and, those TA's lurking here should, also, have insider's info and can choose to confirm it, or not - or, maintain silence as appropriate ...

Yes, it's just the Sky for the three and four day 'booze cruises' starting in January 2016.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it rolled out across the fleet if, and only if, it is a money-maker. Time will tell. In the meantime, we have to settle for the UBP on all other ships except POA, repos and transatlantics.

I was told by a reputable source (Officer) on my 4/4 Jewel cruise that is the direction NCL

is moving in.

I was told by a reputable source (Officer) on my 4/4 Jewel cruise that is the direction NCL

is moving in.

I think if NCL moves in that direction, fleet wide, they'll have a huge advantage. That is considering that they do not also raise the base fare to compensate for that change - which is unlikely. More RCL people will move over to NCL if they offer free drinks (no more packages) and they keep their rates. They will make money in the added volume alone. Those loyal to Royal will be sorely tested to stay loyal with their raising prices, gratuities, etc. It'll be interesting to see where this leads.

Tacking on to this... I just booked the escape and took the free drinks package for 2017... We are not big drinkers, just got off the Pearl and had 1 a day, 2 tops. Now I wonder if I should call and switch to the free dining instead. Sounds like it would be a better deal for us. We loved the specialty dining for the Pearl... And if they go free booze by 2017 the promo will do us no good.

Edited by Kierste