Vancouver send off

deborahjo

By looking at your cruise history I think one thing you'll find is that it may be significantly quieter than a Carnival Cruise Lines sail away, say for instance, out of Florida heading out for a week in the Caribbean.

And I'm not sure if Vancouver has a noise ordinance that prevents cruise ship deck parties on Sail Away from getting too noisy, something similar to what I had read that Seattle has.

:D

We love sail-away out of Vancouver - just beautiful! You cruise out under the Lions Gate bridge which is the green-painted sister to the Golden Gate bridge; typically there are people on the shore along the paths below the bridge (port side) waiving. Though now we just hang out on our balcony slurping down adult beverages and enjoying the beginning of the cruise, I'm remembering festivities topside with many people lining the public areas (this is a very scenic cruise), and lots of laughter. It's our favorite cruise - have a terrific time, excellent choice!

Edited by LoriPhil

Have by Neptune pool a Sail Away with a band and dancing plus a competition. Usually you can go to different areas of the ship and have an employee in that area sign the form .Then there is is a raffle and the winners win stuff. Plus if you like nature you exit via beautiful Stanley Park named the best City Park in the world to your left.On the right you have the mountains.

Biased yes because I live here.Lets hope that tanker oil spills will not ruin this beautiful dream in the future..

Edited by kruisey

Have never sailed to Alaska before. We are sailing out of Vancouver on a Wednesday the 2nd of September. What kind of send off can we expect on the Coral Princess.

If the weather is good there is usually a deck party on decks 14 and 15 by the Lido Pool. How lively it is depends on the passenger demographic. I have seen sail aways both lively and dead. It goes about one hour, or until you are out of the harbor. Normally there is a live band, regular dancing, line dancing, maybe some dance contests for some ship's prizes. A lot depends on the actual Cruise Director. Of course drinks are available from the bar waiters. There may be a raffle drawing for some prizes as Kruisey explained, but sometimes the drawing is held indoors in the atrium. When you board go directly to your cabin, it will be ready. There will be a Princess Patter there which has all the boarding day activities listed.

Thanks everyone for the info. Even with a balcony for this cruise we enjoy being on the upper decks for sail a ways. Did not know we would be going under Lions Gate bridge. That is awesome. We have been under the Golden Gate Bridge on the Carnival Splendor day and night. That was unbelievable standing on the top deck. Seemed like you could almost touch it.

I figured it may be more quiet being a week day and having a long channel to go out. That is exciting because it is some place we have never seen before.

We will enjoy it no matter what because we are on a cruise ship. Don't care where we go. Well it does this time because this is totally new to us so will be fun.

Thanks everyone for the info. Even with a balcony for this cruise we enjoy being on the upper decks for sail a ways. Did not know we would be going under Lions Gate bridge. That is awesome. We have been under the Golden Gate Bridge on the Carnival Splendor day and night. That was unbelievable standing on the top deck. Seemed like you could almost touch it.

I figured it may be more quiet being a week day and having a long channel to go out. That is exciting because it is some place we have never seen before.

We will enjoy it no matter what because we are on a cruise ship. Don't care where we go. Well it does this time because this is totally new to us so will be fun.

Is your cabin on the port side? We love the departing view from our balcony of downtown Vancouver-Stanley Park-Lions Gate Bridge. Just beautiful. :)

Have never sailed to Alaska before. We are sailing out of Vancouver on a Wednesday the 2nd of September. What kind of send off can we expect on the Coral Princess.

Hopefully you will spend a couple of days pre-cruise to visit one of our most spectacular cities. Very ethnic and scenic (also expensive :o). Have a great cruise!

Thank you for the info. I thought it was Port but we were moved to this cabin due to some things that happened in the booking process and I was not sure.

I cannot wait. It will make for beautiful sunsets and drinks on the balcony.

Thank you for the info. I thought it was Port but we were moved to this cabin due to some things that happened in the booking process and I was not sure.

I cannot wait. It will make for beautiful sunsets and drinks on the balcony.

You do realize that you can only get beer while in port in Canada.. EH ! :D

Kidding.

I'm not sure if Vancouver has a noise ordinance that prevents cruise ship deck parties on Sail Away from getting too noisy, something similar to what I had read that Seattle has.
Any Vancouver noise bylaws won't kick in until 9 or 11pm. Most cruise ships have departed by 5pm.

There is significant distance from the cruise ships and residential towers. Sound won't carry that far. Those worst infraction could be the ship horn if it was playing a tune.