Transatlantic 2017

Hi... Is any aware if the Allure will be doing Transatlantics in 2017... We will be on Libery in August and I would like to book on board.:)

We probably won't know until March or April next year.

Has any Oasis class ship ever done a TA other than for drydock in Europe?

Not yet, but Allure is staying in Europe for the summer, so who knows what they might do if the summer season works out for them.

Not yet, but Allure is staying in Europe for the summer, so who knows what they might do if the summer season works out for them.

I think they'll skip 2017 and just offer European sailings on Oasis 4 in 2018. Then, everytime one of the ships needs a dry-dock, they tack on a summer season in the Med like they are doing with Allure.

I think they'll skip 2017 and just offer European sailings on Oasis 4 in 2018. Then, everytime one of the ships needs a dry-dock, they tack on a summer season in the Med like they are doing with Allure.

Definitely a possibility, but IMO, the fact they are basing Harmony out of Barcelona/Rome for her inaugural season shows that the Med runs are pretty successful and profitable. Personally, I think from here on out, we will be seeing an Oasis Class ship annually doing the 7-Night Med runs, but that's just my $.02 :)

One big driver of putting more cabins in Europe is the exchange rate. RCI stock fell quite a bit last week due to lower revenues - mostly caused by the appreciation of the US $. Remember that the cruise business runs on single digit profit margins. RCI can't easily absorb a 20+% exchange rate swing. So while the cabins may sell well, the profitablity in $ is greatly influenced by exchange rates. And like everything else, things are relative. Can they make more per sailing in the Med or Carribean in the summer? Given the current exchange rates and cabin rates, I think the answer is, the latter.

Currently, the somewhat rare case where a sailing is cheaper when booked in Europe than the US is becoming more common. Until that equation changes, I don't see a financial advantage to base lots of ships in Europe - hence, less incentive for TAs.

Edited by Biker19