Next Cruise Certficates?

carla748

Does holland America sell these? I'm going on a cruise May 5 th and thinking of picking up one for another cruise. Can I purchase one for a friend while on the ship? Are they $100 and do they give you onboard credit like other cruise lines?

They are called Future Cruise Deposits (FCD) and their price and benefits depend on the length of the cruise you use them on.

Just a short way down the board is this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2201616

and a search will get you lots more threads on them.

Edited by CruiserBruce

You can see the Future Cruise Consultant (FCC) to buy a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) which provides all the benefit as if you were to book your future cruise while aboard.

Is your friend a Mariner? If he/she has a Mariner number, bring it with you as the FCD's are tracked by our Mariner number. If your friend sailed on any of the Carnival Family of ships he/ she can get a mariner number. Please note any days accumulated on another cruise line are only honored on that cruise line's repeater's program.

Edited by sail7seas

Thanks for all the quick replys! You are all so great !

We are booked on a 4 night cruise for May 5 th and she isn't going to make it because she broke her foot last week. If I purchase her a FCD can she use it as a deposit for a cruise next year even if it's only for 4 days ? I understand she won't get OBC but I'm hoping she could use it for the deposit . Does that make since?

Edited by carla748

PLUS - whenever I purchase a FCD onboard, in about 2 weeks after I return I get an email from HAL offering to double the OBC from the FCD if I book within the next 60 days.

That is Promo Code ZPN or ZPM. :)

Just ask for it if you are booking within the specified time period.

Edited by sail7seas

Thanks for all the quick replys! You are all so great !

We are booked on a 4 night cruise for May 5 th and she isn't going to make it because she broke her foot last week. If I purchase her a FCD can she use it as a deposit for a cruise next year even if it's only for 4 days ? I understand she won't get OBC but I'm hoping she could use it for the deposit . Does that make since?

So sorry to hear about your friend breaking her foot.

So sorry to hear about your friend breaking her foot.

Thanks- her accident happened exactly 2 weeks before the cruise and surgery to fix it was 12 days before. There were 3 of us girls going on a cruise without our husbands- now just the two of us in a Neptune Suite. She feels really bad. We didn't buy insurance either- for sure next time!

Short answer is yes, yes and yes. Yes you can get one for a friend. Yes it is $100 for a 7 day cruise per person and yes you do get OBC credit.

Do you know if these can be transferred to a TA, and do you have to transfer within a certain time frame after you buy the FCD, or does that window begin after you book a cruise with it?

Do you know if these can be transferred to a TA, and do you have to transfer within a certain time frame after you buy the FCD, or does that window begin after you book a cruise with it?

Yes it can and I think it automatically goes to the TA you used to book your cruise, unless you tell them not to at the time of purchase.

No time window to transfer to TA, but there is a time window (60 or 90 days as I recall) to use the Thank You For Sailing email offer.

Yes it can and I think it automatically goes to the TA you used to book your cruise, unless you tell them not to at the time of purchase.

No time window to transfer to TA, but there is a time window (60 or 90 days as I recall) to use the Thank You For Sailing email offer.

About a year ago I was on a cruise that had been transferred to a TA. When I went to get a Future Cruise Deposit I wanted to make sure it was not assigned to a TA. I was told at that time that a cruise booked would be assigned to the current TA unless otherwise requested, but the deposits were always "open".

As always, YMMV - different people at HAL (and all large corporations) may have different answers to the same question.

question about FCD.. do you have to specify a TA? We are in the process of changing TA but I like to compare between two agencies to see who has the best deal.

See above comments.

You can tell them not to attach it to your TA, but you have to tell them.