Royal Princess

gizmodog

e433

It appears to be that of a typical size balcony on any of their other ships. Of course I checked it our for the trip I was interested in & cabin in that area were all sold out. Looks like you have to book it more than a year in advance.

If I am booked in the mini suite category how can I tell if I have one of the 60 larger balcony mini suites?

Take a look at the deck plan. The Mini-Suites with larger balconies are mid-ship where the decks "flare out". They will have numbers between 409-433.

If I am booked in the mini suite category how can I tell if I have one of the 60 larger balcony mini suites?

Look at the deck plans. It really is that simple.

If your mini-suite is not at the peaks under SeaWalk or the SeaView Bar, forward facing towards the bow, or aft facing on the stern, it will not have a larger balcony. All other mini-suites will have the standard-sized balcony.

As JimmyVWine mentioned too there are some in that same area in between the peaks that are slightly larger, but the ones AT the peaks will be angular in shape and will be the largest of those on the sides of the ship.

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

It appears to be that of a typical size balcony on any of their other ships. Of course I checked it our for the trip I was interested in & cabin in that area were all sold out. Looks like you have to book it more than a year in advance.

This balcony is the size of the Dolphin deck minis on the other ships. The typical size balcony on the other ships is 45 square feet as opposed to the 41 square ft. on the Royals. Every balcony above the Dolphin and Caribe decks on the grand class ships is 45 square feet..

I did not book the cabin a year in advance. As word spreads about the larger balconies, they will become harder to book.

This balcony is the size of the Dolphin deck minis on the other ships. The typical size balcony on the other ships is 45 square feet as opposed to the 41 square ft. on the Royals. Every balcony above the Dolphin and Caribe decks on the grand class ships is 45 square feet..

I did not book the cabin a year in advance. As word spreads about the larger balconies, they will become harder to book.

I suppose it comes under that "fool me once" quotation. :D

Photos are great but different angles can change the perspective. For instance, here's the photo of my standard balcony on the Royal:

6e9155020e6f18a679a0070d28aabd2b.jpg

Just got back from Royal Princess; the depth of the balcony seemed less than previous ships; I also think the size and slant of the chairs takes up some of the space. The balcony size wasn't a problem for us.

Out of 26 cruises, it was the quietest atmosphere we have experienced. We would have enjoyed more music at main pool area during the day; instead they showed movies. It was still a great cruise!!

Photos are great but different angles can change the perspective. For instance, here's the photo of my standard balcony on the Royal:

6e9155020e6f18a679a0070d28aabd2b.jpg

Pam, thank you for posting this picture. Using the additional inches that jut back towards the balcony door, is it possible to sit on the balcony directly facing the ocean with the table next to you so that you can enjoy a beverage at your side, or if not, can the table be situated so that a beverage can be reached without having to lean forward towards the tablet?

Part of the problem with the balcony space is from the fact that most people do not like to sit in a chair with the back in the straight up position. Angling it back a slight bit eats up room and there's not much to play with so your forced to sit somewhat sideways to the water. If you can live with that then the balcony might be acceptable.

Part of the problem with the balcony space is from the fact that most people do not like to sit in a chair with the back in the straight up position. Angling it back a slight bit eats up room and there's not much to play with so your forced to sit somewhat sideways to the water. If you can live with that then the balcony might be acceptable.

Oh, I see. The further you want to angle your chair back on the balcony, the more sideways you have to move your chair, which would mean having to move the table more in front of you to share it with someone else. Thank you, Pat.

Edited by Mackenzie1

We booked C528 for our October cruise because of the angled balcony. A princess rep told me that the balcony in 9'x8.10'...so I think we made a good choice. We are on the port side which seems to have a little more privacy....but we always booked the Dolphin deck on past cruises, which were completely uncovered and it was never a problem. Happy Cruising!

If your a balcony person this is all you get with the regular balconies on the new Princess Regal and Royal. :confused:

In my opinion this was a huge Princess mistake.

RoyalPrincess-288-1306120929_3_4_r383_c0-0-380-510_zpskumaqaqv.jpg

This looks pretty much like the size of the balcony we had on the Celebrity Summit.

I don't understand why any dedicated Princess fan wouldn't be insulted by this move to such a small balcony. Newbies maybe don't know that on the older ships this would never occur even on the lowest class cabin but to book a cruise only to fine this size balcony in shocking. It really is a shame since the newer ship design does have some nice features.

I would have to agree with you. Despite what some might say, one has a right not to like something.....

Bob