Select drink package uk

antsp

Our travel agent has offered us the free select drink package on the iots next year, I see its valued at $35 a day, on checking the details it says any beer or wine upto $8, with all the new price increases does this push most drinks out of our package limits

Very interested in the responses to this because we have already booked Indy with this package included and I was considering upgrading at least one of our packages because the next package up includes cocktails and wine up to $12 I think.

They really do make it unnecessarily complex :-(

Our travel agent has offered us the free select drink package on the iots next year, I see its valued at $35 a day, on checking the details it says any beer or wine upto $8, with all the new price increases does this push most drinks out of our package limits

The Select package includes wine by the glass up to $8, but there is no value limit on beer. Virtually all beer is included. The only exception that comes to mind is the Chimay 750ml.

Hi there'

I have also got the select package for my cruise on the Explorer in July. I also noticed that since the recent price rises most of the wines are now above the $8.00 limit (which makes the package useless for my friend and I as we are not beer drinkers) I saw on one of the posts on c.c. it showed a copy of the drinks packages and the select now included wine up to $9.00 which would be fine, I tried to include a copy but couldn't get it to download. Also could any tell me if you can just pay the difference if you get a more expensive wine or do you have to pay the full price, I don't want to upgrade to the next package as we are not big drinkers but do enjoy a glass or two at dinner and a glass or two of prosseco. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one confused.

Hi there'

I have also got the select package for my cruise on the Explorer in July. I also noticed that since the recent price rises most of the wines are now above the $8.00 limit (which makes the package useless for my friend and I as we are not beer drinkers) I saw on one of the posts on c.c. it showed a copy of the drinks packages and the select now included wine up to $9.00 which would be fine, I tried to include a copy but couldn't get it to download. Also could any tell me if you can just pay the difference if you get a more expensive wine or do you have to pay the full price, I don't want to upgrade to the next package as we are not big drinkers but do enjoy a glass or two at dinner and a glass or two of prosseco. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one confused.

You would just have to pay the difference if you order something more expensive than the package limit.

Edited by clarea

If you wish you can also upgrade your package when you board. I have premium included with my cruise and will consider the ultimate to have the addition of specialty coffees (depends on the price because it may end up cheaper to pay the additional per coffee). I asked at the time of booking and was told it can be done.

I'm on the Explorer in July too and got the Select package for free. I've seen a few posts on different threads saying that the wine limit is now $9. I hope so. If not, I'll just have to pay the difference.

I believe the confusion comes in when the ship is based in the UK, and prices include the gratuity.

Is it possible to pay the difference when you have the Select package? I thought I had read on this forum that you can only pay extra for more expensive drinks if you have the Premium package? I hope you are right!

Is it possible to pay the difference when you have the Select package? I thought I had read on this forum that you can only pay extra for more expensive drinks if you have the Premium package? I hope you are right!

We too have the Select but we are going to upgrade to Premium once onboard

If you have the Select package, you can only pay the difference for glasses of wine that exceed the package limit. Cocktails are not covered at all in the Select package, so would be charged full price.

So most common beers IE: bud light, Michelob ultra, corona etc are included in the package, correct? Also what wines can I get for the $8 or $9? A decent pinot grigio? I am so back and forth on whether or not to get this or the Premium or none at all!

So most common beers IE: bud light, Michelob ultra, corona etc are included in the package, correct? Also what wines can I get for the $8 or $9? A decent pinot grigio? I am so back and forth on whether or not to get this or the Premium or none at all!

I'm the same. I like beer and sparkling wine (Cava/Prosecco). If the sparkling wine is $9 or $10 I'll happily stay on the Select package and just pay an extra $1 per glass if necessary. If it's more than that I'll upgrade to the Premium and have a cocktail or two per day.

Anyone know the price of sparkling wine on the Explorer out of the UK?

If you have the Select package, you can only pay the difference for glasses of wine that exceed the package limit. Cocktails are not covered at all in the Select package, so would be charged full price.

That's good news! I like the occasional cocktail but didn't consume enough when I bought the Premium package to justify the cost. I'll be happy to pay a bit extra for the better wines. On our recent trip on Voyager, there was an $9 allowance on wines.

On Anthem, the select drinks package included all beer/cider (draught and bottles) except for Fullers Vintage Ale. All wines by the glass up to $12. All sodas and non-alcoholic cocktails.

If you wanted a more expensive beer or wine, you only paid the difference in price.

Wine cocktails (like bellini, etc.) were also included (basically a glass of wine plus soda).

Edited by johala_reewi

On Anthem, the select drinks package included all beer/cider (draught and bottles) except for Fullers Vintage Ale. All wines by the glass up to $12. All sodas and non-alcoholic cocktails.

If you wanted a more expensive beer or wine, you only paid the difference in price.

Wine cocktails (like bellini, etc.) were also included (basically a glass of wine plus soda).

What was the allowance on beer?

It would be great if bellinis were included in the select package, wont raise my hopes though.

Hi

Can you remember what ciders were on board ?

Martyn

Hi

Can you remember what ciders were on board ?

Martyn

Not really.

Draught cider was available in the pub. Bottled cider was widely available elsewhere. I did have a couple of "apple beers" which turned out to be cider. Namely Angry Orchard, and one called Apple Beer.

The only beer not included in the select drinks package was fullers vintage ale in the pub. There wasn't much of it either. The extra to purchase it was $9.

Thanks!

$12 for wine? I thought it was $8, or have they upped the wine prices so had to change the package

I've just books the 3rd June sailing on Explorer and also got the Select package from our TA. Now, I'm not a drinker and last year on Liberty I bought the Royal Replenish package which was great. Does anybody know if it would be possible to replace my Select with the RR, or would I have to wait and check once onboard? Bearing in mind the RR is half the price.

Thanks in advance :)

Has anyone actually had a select package (free!) and just paid the difference for the more expensive wines? We have the select package and can't decide whether to pay for the Premium.

the reason I am asking is that on Celebrity, which is the same company, if you are on the basic drinks package you are not allowed to pay the difference for a better wine - if you go over the limit you must pay for the drink in full. Only if you have the more expensive package can you pay the difference.

Has anyone actually had a select package (free!) and just paid the difference for the more expensive wines? We have the select package and can't decide whether to pay for the Premium.

the reason I am asking is that on Celebrity, which is the same company, if you are on the basic drinks package you are not allowed to pay the difference for a better wine - if you go over the limit you must pay for the drink in full. Only if you have the more expensive package can you pay the difference.

The Select package includes wines by the glass up to $8, and you can pay the difference for more expensive wines.

Note that for ships sailing from the UK, the limit might be higher since prices include gratuity.