What is your favourite beach in Bermuda?

woods79

njhorseman...thank you for being so helpful to everyone here. Hoping you can help me also. If I take the #7 bus from Horseshoe to Gibb's lighthouse, how long would I have to wait until another #7 bus comes by? Or should I do it in reverse and I get off at the lighthouse and then walk (if possible) to Horseshoe Bay once I'm done at the lighthouse.

njhorseman...thank you for being so helpful to everyone here. Hoping you can help me also. If I take the #7 bus from Horseshoe to Gibb's lighthouse, how long would I have to wait until another #7 bus comes by? Or should I do it in reverse and I get off at the lighthouse and then walk (if possible) to Horseshoe Bay once I'm done at the lighthouse.

Glad to help.

Typically the #7 runs about every 30 minutes. It really doesn't matter which order you do it in.

I don't recommend trying to walk. South Road has heavy traffic with little or nothing in the way of sidewalks or shoulders. Walking is dangerous.

Glad to help.

Typically the #7 runs about every 30 minutes. It really doesn't matter which order you do it in.

I don't recommend trying to walk. South Road has heavy traffic with little or nothing in the way of sidewalks or shoulders. Walking is dangerous.

Thank you, another one....we have family in Hamilton and was thinking of taking the bus from Horseshoe to Hamilton...if I'm correct it would take 25 minutes? Would it be either bus #7 or #8 (pink pole) and would I get the bus where I got off for Horseshoe?

Thank you, another one....we have family in Hamilton and was thinking of taking the bus from Horseshoe to Hamilton...if I'm correct it would take 25 minutes? Would it be either bus #7 or #8 (pink pole) and would I get the bus where I got off for Horseshoe?

Only the #7 will take you from Horseshoe Bay to Hamilton. The #8 route does not serve the South Shore beaches. Yes, pink pole. Pink for inbound to Hamilton. You would get the bus at the same place you got off when you arrived at Horseshoe Bay from Dockyard. 25 minutes is about right.

There are some beautiful secluded areas between Elbow and Warwick LB that are pretty much what dreams are made of. We are a husband and wife with no kids, armed with just a blanket and picnic stuffs. While I enjoy a crowded beach with activities from time to time there’s nothing like your own beach and your own naturally carved out rock “cabana” all day long to yourselves.

Other than that I like Johns Smiths and St Catherine. Another little gem…and I mean little is Drew’s Bay between Buildings Bay and St Catherine.

I think we're getting mixed up on this thread about how you get to Tobacco Bay vs how to get to Horseshoe Bay. Here's the information for both:

From Dockyard, to get to Tobacco Bay you take the Orange Route Ferry to St. George's and then walk to Tobacco Bay from the ferry terminal, or take a shuttle to Tobacco Bay from the ferry terminal. $9 for two tokens, plus $6 for the shuttle if you take it.

From Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay your options are:

(1) #7 bus, plus walk down or back up the hill, or take the shuttle van down or up the hill. $9 for two bus tokens plus $1 to go down the hill or $2 to go up (prices of the hill shuttle are based on past years). Some #7 buses are express directly to Horseshoe Bay. Same fare. Same drop off point. Their route signs say "Special".

(2) Private shuttle for $16 round trip. You'll be dropped off and picked up at the bottom of the hill.

(3) Taxi. About $35 plus tip each way Mon. - Sat. for 1-4 passengers. Taxis will drop you off and pick you up at the bottom of the hill.

Thank you. This is a big help. I'm going to print some of the information and put it in my travel folder. Before you know it, we'll be on the ship and we're so looking forward to it. And thanks to everyone else for their helpful responses.

hi thank you for all your info on this subject i was wondering the direct shuttles to horseshoe bay are they similiar and run every 30 minutes? didnt know if there were running more than one shuttle at a time? thank you! :) oh ps my day to do this is labor day yikes lol

Edited by jeepchick444
add on

Last week, people were unhappy with the #7. It only comes every half hour and it was unclear to many if it was going to Horseshoe and then Hamilton, and there's no signage. Just one long line. Finally a guy came who cleared things up a little. By day 3, I took the shuttle for more money cuz I didn't want to bother with the wait. Much easier.....at a price...

It's probably not worth going to then...too much to see in 3 short days.

Some people go to the adjacent Black Bay Beach, which is better as a beach than Sea Glass Beach, so if you were going to Black Bay anyway, going to Sea Glass doesn't take you out of your way.

Black Bay is small and not nearly as nice as the South Shore beaches like Horseshoe Bay, but it is close to Dockyard, which appeals to some.

Closest beach to Dockyard of the Breakaway and Celebrity a Summit was Horseshoe Bay.

Black Bay, Daniels Head, Somerset Long Bay and Church Bay are all closer to Dockyard than Horseshoe Bay...but Horseshoe Bay is the classic Bermuda beach.

How do you get to them? The stops made by the #7 before Horseshoe didn't seem to be beaches. Plus, I know Snorkel Beach is right at dock, but once I found perfection (Horseshoe) I figured why keep looking?

How do you get to them? The stops made by the #7 before Horseshoe didn't seem to be beaches. Plus, I know Snorkel Beach is right at dock, but once I found perfection (Horseshoe) I figured why keep looking?

Black Bay is very close to Dockyard. It's adjacent to the sea glass beach. You theoretically can even walk there, but both the #7 and 8 buses stop near the beach. Just ask the bus driver.

There was a private shuttle that was operating to Daniel's Head, but I can't say if there is one this year.

Somerset Long Bay is reachable by #7 bus plus a substantial walk.

Church Bay is reachable by #7 bus. Just ask the bus driver.

Most people are happy with Horseshoe Bay. I was just offering alternatives that are closer to Dockyard and should be far less crowded.

I think we're getting mixed up on this thread about how you get to Tobacco Bay vs how to get to Horseshoe Bay. Here's the information for both:

From Dockyard, to get to Tobacco Bay you take the Orange Route Ferry to St. George's and then walk to Tobacco Bay from the ferry terminal, or take a shuttle to Tobacco Bay from the ferry terminal. $9 for two tokens, plus $6 for the shuttle if you take it.

From Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay your options are:

(1) #7 bus, plus walk down or back up the hill, or take the shuttle van down or up the hill. $9 for two bus tokens plus $1 to go down the hill or $2 to go up (prices of the hill shuttle are based on past years). Some #7 buses are express directly to Horseshoe Bay. Same fare. Same drop off point. Their route signs say "Special".

(2) Private shuttle for $16 round trip. You'll be dropped off and picked up at the bottom of the hill.

(3) Taxi. About $35 plus tip each way Mon. - Sat. for 1-4 passengers. Taxis will drop you off and pick you up at the bottom of the hill.

Thank you njhorseman for the detail direction!

What about Elbow Beach, which bus# and other option to get there since you said Tabacco Bay is a small beach?

Thank you in advance!

Thank you njhorseman for the detail direction!

What about Elbow Beach, which bus# and other option to get there since you said Tabacco Bay is a small beach?

Thank you in advance!

Bus #7 goes to Elbow Beach...about a 45 - 50 minute ride from Dockyard. A taxi would be about $45 Mon. - Sat. for 1-4 passengers, plus tip.