What is your favourite beach in Bermuda?

woods79

I'm looking for recommendations for beaches worth visiting while in Bermuda in late May. Would love to hear personal experiences and see pictures, if you can! My group is 3 adults and 2 kids (age 9 and 7).

Thanks for the feedback :)

A first time visitor should go to the classic pink sand Bermuda beach, Horseshoe Bay, which is consistently voted as one of the world's best beaches. It's part of a string of beaches on the South Shore, and you can easily walk from Horseshoe Bay to others, such as Warwick Long Bay and Jobson's Cove. You can't always walk on the beach to get from one to the other, but there is a path just above the beaches that you can follow.

Horseshoe Bay has full facilities...bathrooms, showers, chair and umbrella rentals, and a snack bar selling food and drink. The other beaches in South Shore park don't have the facilities, but they're usually less crowded and as I said, are an easy walk from Horseshoe Bay.

I agree 100% with NJHorseman. Horseshoe is a great place for first time visitors. We go back there every time we are in Bermuda. I actually like to walk along the beach to many of the others described above. We have actually walked the entire length and although a challenge at times (having to walk in the water and over rocks) it was great fun. I'm going to attempt to attach some photos for you and hope it works. (It didn't....I can never seem to attach pictures!)

Both Horseshoe Bay and Elbow Beach look heavenly. We are two active adults traveling without kids and we're looking for a beach destination for our May 8th cruise that offers: food, (adult) beverages, bathrooms, chair rentals and . . . with any luck, waves and boogie board rentals.) Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

We went to Bermuda last year. My kids were almost 11, 8 and 6. There are a lot of photos in my review of the following beaches:

• Horseshoe Bay--great for the facilities, food. There is a protected cove and lots of room to spread out if you are willing to walk a bit away from the crowds.

• Jobson's Cove--This was a less crowded, protected area which also allowed the more adventurous snorkelers to go out beyond the cove to snorkel. It is adjacent to Warwick and there is a changing station there, but no real food other than a truck selling some items.

• Fort St. Catherine's--lots of room, good snorkeling, but no facilities.

Those are the three main places we visited. Tobacco Bay has food, facilities and likely rentals but it was really crowded when we stopped by to see it. It has become fairly commercial.

Loved the gorgeous beach pictures.

What about Tobacco Bay? I see they have facilities and rentals there. The kayaks seem pretty reasonable to rent.

Our kids always loved Tobacco Bay, its a smaller beach and very calm waters but quite nice if you have never been

Our kids always loved Tobacco Bay, its a smaller beach and very calm waters but quite nice if you have never been

This is our first trip to Bermuda so we're open to anything and trying to get our plans together so we're somewhat organized.

How do you get there from the Royal Naval dockyard?

Love Horseshoe Bay and the beaches you can walk to! Another different but beautiful beach with great snorkeling along the rocks is Long Beach by St David's. The down side is it takes a long time to get there.:(

This is our first trip to Bermuda so we're open to anything and trying to get our plans together so we're somewhat organized.

How do you get there from the Royal Naval dockyard?

The Ferry then about a mile walk.

If you have never been you also have to take bus to Horseshoe

Horseshoe Beach is the most amazing beach ever, anywhere! Added bonuses include its 20-30 mins to get to, easy to get to on #7 bus and cheap fare, you can get drinks/food and chairs, there are bathrooms. Did I mention it's incredibly gorgeous?[emoji41]

I don't care if it's a little more....I'd rather be shuttled all the way to the beach.

With tokens its 9 for the round trip rode and downhill walk, on way back a van will take u up the hill for 2

The shuttle is 16 pp and takes you all the way

Is there another way to get there to avoid the mile walk?

The 7 bus is easiest, other than the more expensive beach shuttle.

Following the thread I think midwestchick's question was about getting to Tobacco Bay, based on "avoiding the mile walk". The #7 bus goes to Horseshoe Bay and the other South Shore beaches, not Tobacco Bay.

Following the thread I think midwestchick's question was about getting to Tobacco Bay, based on "avoiding the mile walk". The #7 bus goes t.o Horseshoe Bay and the other South Shore beaches, not Tobacco Bay.

Yes, that is correct. Thank you. I am looking for the best way to get to Tobacco Bay.

I don't care if it's a little more....I'd rather be shuttled all the way to the beach.

With tokens its 9 for the round trip rode and downhill walk, on way back a van will take u up the hill for 2

The shuttle is 16 pp and takes you all the way

I think we're getting mixed up on this thread about how you get to Tobacco Bay vs how to get to Horseshoe Bay. Here's the information for both:

From Dockyard, to get to Tobacco Bay you take the Orange Route Ferry to St. George's and then walk to Tobacco Bay from the ferry terminal, or take a shuttle to Tobacco Bay from the ferry terminal. $9 for two tokens, plus $6 for the shuttle if you take it.

From Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay your options are:

(1) #7 bus, plus walk down or back up the hill, or take the shuttle van down or up the hill. $9 for two bus tokens plus $1 to go down the hill or $2 to go up (prices of the hill shuttle are based on past years). Some #7 buses are express directly to Horseshoe Bay. Same fare. Same drop off point. Their route signs say "Special".

(2) Private shuttle for $16 round trip. You'll be dropped off and picked up at the bottom of the hill.

(3) Taxi. About $35 plus tip each way Mon. - Sat. for 1-4 passengers. Taxis will drop you off and pick you up at the bottom of the hill.