Princess website - my saved cruises

Akaicb

I am now keeping a written list of the cruises I used to keep under saved cruises. It has become a useless feature. It is easier to just keep the list and look up the cruises from scratch. Yuck

I added my feedback, too. Luckily, I always keep a spreadsheet of options so that I can make the best decision at any time, but I never included the Princess ones since it was so easy to track right on their website. Now, I will have to track separately.

I am now keeping a written list of the cruises I used to keep under saved cruises. It has become a useless feature. It is easier to just keep the list and look up the cruises from scratch. Yuck

Ditto and double yuck!

• 1 month later...

I thought for sure that they would improve the "new" Saved Cruises thing by now giving the old functionality back. But, nothing has changed.

Does anyone/everyone else using an iPad get a picture for each saved cruise that are stretched lengthwise to about 3 or 4 pages (or more) high? I deleted all 30 or so of my saved cruises hoping that cleaning it out might fix that problem but the two cruises that I then resaved have the stretched picture problem still.

I do find this new improvement quite frustrating as we always had numerous possible "next cruises" saved there (and went ahead and did 8 of them last year alone) but I have quit using it completely now.

Terry

I called Princess about this and was told that I should upgrade my iPad. They know you can't see the saved cruises on an iPad and they don't care. The woman I talked to told me to go to the App Store and download an app that would let me see them, however, she couldn't tell me what it was.

I called Princess about this and was told that I should upgrade my iPad. They know you can't see the saved cruises on an iPad and they don't care. The woman I talked to told me to go to the App Store and download an app that would let me see them, however, she couldn't tell me what it was.

I have an iPad and mine shows the stretched picture. I wish Princess would go back to the old way and I thought perhaps with all the complaints here they would take notice.

Okay, there might be a clue there to the iPad stretched picture situation. Maybe it is the operating system. For various reasons I have left mine back on IOS 6 while they are up to IOS 8 now.

I will try to wrestle my wife's iPad from her which is on IOS 7 to see if it has the problem.

FYI you go to Settings - General - About - Version to find what IOS you are using.

Terry

I hate the new display too. It's such a pain to use. However, as regards the stretched picture on my iPad, I just switch to the portrait view and that brings the photos into proper images. I'm using IOS 8.3

• 1 month later...

So eventually the pictures seemed to fix themselves when accessed on my iPad. No more 10 foot high by 3 inches wide pictures on the Vacation Planning Dashboard.

Now I am trying to figure out how the saved cruises are sorted. Doesn't appear to be first saved at the top. Definitely isn't in cruise date or alphabetical order. I have B2B's saved that show in reverse order. I don't see a way to rearrange things. I think the old system defaulted to the order that cruises were saved but the first thing that I always did was change it to Sailing Date order.

Terry

My problem with saved cruises is when I click to check availability, I get this message -

The page you are trying to reach is unavailable or may no longer exist.

I then have to start all over under plan a cruise - can't check available cabins under my saved cruises. :(

Aggravating!!!

My problem with saved cruises is when I click to check availability, I get this message -

I then have to start all over under plan a cruise - can't check available cabins under my saved cruises. :(

Aggravating!!!

I get the same thing. They finally fixed it so you can see the saved cruises on an iPad but at the same time they have done something so that you can't see anything about prices.

I have just noticed this for the last 7-10 days. You are referring to when looking at a cruise and then clicking the green "continue" button on the right to go further in? I get a "Looking for something at Princess?" message on a screen with an orange sunset coloured background.

Until you mentioned this I just thought it was an intermittent problem. I hadn't realized that the problem is there only when checking from the saved cruises page. It works fine if you get there from the normal search for a cruise page.

Terry

I have just noticed this for the last 7-10 days. You are referring to when looking at a cruise and then clicking the green "continue" button on the right to go further in? I get a "Looking for something at Princess?" message on a screen with an orange sunset coloured background.

Until you mentioned this I just thought it was an intermittent problem. I hadn't realized that the problem is there only when checking from the saved cruises page. It works fine if you get there from the normal search for a cruise page.

Terry

I gave feedback on the Princess website about this very thing over a week ago. I've also provided more information to one of the website developers as they have not been able to recreate it themselves. I think there were a couple of other folks who provided similar information. Hopefully they can figure out a solution soon. It's sure not very convenient the way it is.

Has this problem been there since they changed the way Saved Cruses works? I virtually quit using it after the change even though I typically would have had 20 to 30 cruises saved and would go through them all every few days.

Terry

I used to keep a bunch of saved cruises and check them as well. It was so easy when they just updated right there on the same page. It's not nearly as useful these days and makes it much more of a rigamarole to check changes.

The right side of most of the displays on the Princess web site has a "Feedback" tab.

If enough people who are unhappy with the changes to the saved cruises feature communicate via this tab, maybe Princess will get the message.

Edited by caribill

Aggravating!!!

I've been having the same problem for a couple of weeks.