93 year old cruiser - which activities Western Caribbean?

I am taking my very spunky 93 year old Grandmother on the 7 night western Caribbean aboard Freedom next week. While she's in great health and wits we have to be mindful of tiring her out with excursions. Anyone have any suggestions for easy going excursions in the different ports?

Edited by Beachgirls2011

Most ports have a tour that takes you around the island and gives history for that island. Most have air-conditioning tour mini buses.

she may also enjoy trivia games on board.

Depending on how she gets around Grand Caymen has a lot of nice shopping areas.

In Jan. we cruised with a 96 year young friend on Princess. He did not get off the ship, but enjoyed the days on board. The long walk off the ship and the walk on the pier was a little much for him. On board he did fine with the walking. If we tendered, he would go for the ride.

Just keep in mind the length of the walk on the pier and how hot it is.

I know you will have a great trip with her.

I travel with my 85 year old mother. While you didn't mention which islands you were going to here are a few general tips. Many ports have golf carts that drive you to the end of the pier and back to the ship just have to give a tip. If you don't see them ask when you get off the ship before you start walking down the pier. They might be on their way back. Also if we know we want to go to a beach or specific site and it's a safe island to venture on out on you own we take a taxi so we can go at our own speed. If you do sign up for an excursion, just be mindful that you may be way behind if there is a group of fast walkers. That is why I don't like organized tours. I have been on tours within min the group fractures into the fast walkers and the slow walkers.

Maybe dont use the word spunky to describe your grandmother to anyone British or Australian (especially if asking for suitable activities)

I'm sure you were just trying to be funny but the O.P. is from North America, as are most of the people who post on these boards.

The other meaning, would probably not apply to his 93 year old grandmother.:rolleyes:

Edited by Little Buddy's Mom

I'm sure you were just trying to be funny but the O.P. is from North America' date=' as are most of the people who post on these boards.

The other meaning, would probably not apply to his 93 year old grandmother.:rolleyes:[/quote']

I was trying to be helpful.

Ok, I'll bite...what does it mean "down under"?

Spunky- Various but sexually attractive. I don't think that was what the OP meant. I have just googled it and I understand that it is sometimes used in USA comedy to mean the same.

Spunk- dont go there.

spunky- various but sexually attractive. I don't think that was what the op meant. I have just googled it and i understand that it is sometimes used in usa comedy to mean the same.

Spunk- dont go there.

LoL :)

Edited by cincicruisers

In Cozumel, Mexico, the Chankanaab Water Park could be a good place to go since you can just sit on the beach under a grass covered shade and look at the view. You can also go into the ocean. You can also see a water lion water show, or walk around with the guides for other tours, but you can opt to stay and relax on the beach. There are restrooms, a bar and a restaurant. You can go on your own, or take the tour, but you have to walk to the tour vans. They had regular wheelchairs and sand wheelchairs, also, to get you close to the beach.

I am cruising with my 94 year old mother. We bring along a travel type wheelchair that she can push around like a "rollator-walker", and then when she tires out, she sits down and I push her. We have no problem around the ship, or taking walks or tours ashore with that system.....

The term that comes to mind when I hear that; it is a slang for Australia/ New Zealand for their position geographically on the map!

I think the poster was asking what the meaning of "spunky" is "down under",which, of course, is another way of indicating the country/continent of Australia! :)

I often cruise with my mother 92 she has mobility issues ,I take an electric small scooter on board ,when disembarking we often find wheel chairs parked by the gang plank and they don't seem to mind if you use one ashore.