What drink package for a 16 year old ? On Celebrity Solstice

Hi Everyone ,

Taking my god - daughter age 16 on a cruise with me:) ,question as my perk I chose the drinks package:D ,but since they won't be able to give her a alcohol package ,what package would she be given ? Any ideas?I did ask the travel agent but she said she would find out but get back to me ,but I thought I would ask you ,since you are all so knowledgable.

cheers Deb

Hi Everyone ,

Taking my god - daughter age 16 on a cruise with me:) ,question as my perk I chose the drinks package:D ,but since they won't be able to give her a alcohol package ,what package would she be given ? Any ideas?I did ask the travel agent but she said she would find out but get back to me ,but I thought I would ask you ,since you are all so knowledgable.

cheers Deb

Well all she could have is the non-alcoholic package either $8 a day or $16 a day [off the top of my head], would you be better with the OBC for each of you then buy your drinks package and soda package for her.

Well all she could have is the non-alcoholic package either $8 a day or $16 a day [off the top of my head], would you be better with the OBC for each of you then buy your drinks package and soda package for her.

Hi GUT2407,

We only have $200 OBC -$100 each :confused: ,I weighed up what I normally spend on 2 cocktails and 2 wine with dinner, coffee every morning at the cafe ,then decided that I would better value having the drink package.,rather than a $100 obc .

Cheers Deb

That would depend on how much OBC they give. I suspect it would only be a small amount and therefore not enough to buy drinks packages - the OBC would have to be around $750 to cover Classic alcohol and Premium non-alcohol for the 8 days.

The drinks packages look generous at "retail" prices but in actual fact probably don't cost Celebrity a heck of a lot.

It might be worth asking if they'll upgrade one package to Premium alcohol and downgrade the other to Premium non-alcohol, which is actually worth less than two Classic packages at "retail" prices. Unlikely but you never know your luck. ;)

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Just found this on UK site but am my phone. Should be able to source one on the .com site.

33b1fcd044bec885a1c4539e13bcd646.jpg

I would call your TA and insist they do this. If you had booked direct you would call Celebrity.

Hi GUT2407,

We only have $200 OBC -$100 each :confused: ,I weighed up what I normally spend on 2 cocktails and 2 wine with dinner, coffee every morning at the cafe ,then decided that I would better value having the drink package.,rather than a $100 obc .

Cheers Deb

OK I thought it was about $300 each, so that doesn't help you.

OK I thought it was about $300 each, so that doesn't help you.

Hi GUT2407 ,

I wish it was $300 obc each ,I would have taken that over a drink package any day.

Hi OzKiwiJJ "OBC would have to be around $750" I could dream that one

Hi Pushka ,Will forward that info to my travel agent ,thank you .

Thank you for your replies everyone :)

Cheers Deb

Hi GUT2407 ,

I wish it was $300 obc each ,I would have taken that over a drink package any day.

Hi Pushka ,Will forward that info to my travel agent ,thank you .

Thank you for your replies everyone :)

Cheers Deb

made an error, please disregard

Edited by rkmw

Hi GUT2407 ,

Cheers Deb

You're welcome, Deb. The drinks package is a no-brainer if you drink alcohol. Of course it doesn't cost Celebrity anything near what the "retail" value of the package is. In real terms it may even work out cheaper for them than the OBC or the gratuities. So Celebrity is happy if passengers choose it, and the passengers are happy. Win/Win! :D

Hope you and your god-daughter have a wonderful cruise. :)

Things may have changed, but originally they wouldn't substitute the non-alcoholic version of the package. If that's still the case, better to choose one of the other options.

They'd get nailed if they gave a Classic alcoholic package to anyone under 18 :eek: so they haven't any choice but to substitute the non-alcoholic package.

They'd get nailed if they gave a Classic alcoholic package to anyone under 18 :eek: so they haven't any choice but to substitute the non-alcoholic package.

No, they didn't give the classic alcoholic package. They just didn't give anything at all to the minor.

As said, not sure if it's changed now, but that's the way it was a year or so back.

No, they didn't give the classic alcoholic package. They just didn't give anything at all to the minor.

As said, not sure if it's changed now, but that's the way it was a year or so back.

That's a bit of a rip-off. :eek: