Question about Drink packages on Oasis re: coffee

I am having a hard time figuring out the drink deal. I was planning on my husband and I getting the premium drink package. I don't know if I'll drink that much alcohol, but I'm kind of in the mindset that I would rather pay and not worry about it, even if it means I ended up 'overpaying' in the end. I just don't want to worry about it. That said, it seems like the coffees aren't included in the premium package; they are only in the Ultimate and Royal Replenish. I am somewhat fussier about my coffee and wouldn't mind having some good coffee on board.

So... Is there a Starbucks on Oasis? If so, I don't believe it's the 'store' type, but can you get it from a machine/bar somewhere? Is it included in one of these drink packages (ultimate, royal replenish)? Or, would I be having coffee from the coffee shop (cafe latitudes? I think??). And if I use my drink package there, can I get the 'fun' drinks and not just plain coffee with it?

Lastly, as an aside to the coffee, if I do get the premium drink package, do I have to use it every time or can my husband/kids go up with our cards and get our drinks? (obviously not talking alcoholic drinks with the kids ordering).

Thanks in advance.

There is a Starbuck's branded venue on Oasis, but it is not included in any of the beverage packages.

Specialty coffee drinks from Cafe Promenade and restaurants are included in the Replenish and Ultimate packages.

Edited by clarea

There is a Starbucks Kiosk on the Allure and the Oasis, it is the store type. Even though they are not included in the drink package they do take Starbucks gift cards. I had the Ultimate package and the specialty coffees were very good in the Cafe Promenade, although they did not have as big a selection as Starbucks. I brought along a loaded Starbucks gift card just because I do love my Starbucks.

Good to know Dacsmom. Thank you. You did what I was wondering, get all bases covered. If you were using the Ultimate to pay for the coffee drinks, can you get them in a few places or is it one location? I ask b/c I am considering upgrading to Ultimate (or maybe downgrading to Royal Replenish) to get the coffee covered. I don't want to do that though if you have to walk super far to get there. I am hoping the coffee drinks covered can be purchased in a few locations? Thanks for the info. And how cool is that to have a Starbucks on board? Love my Bux!

There is a Starbuck's branded venue on Oasis, but it is not included in any of the beverage packages.

Specialty coffee drinks from Cafe Promenade and restaurants are included in the Replenish and Ultimate packages.

How do the prices at the Starbucks compare to the land based restaurants?

Good to know Dacsmom. Thank you. You did what I was wondering, get all bases covered. If you were using the Ultimate to pay for the coffee drinks, can you get them in a few places or is it one location? I ask b/c I am considering upgrading to Ultimate (or maybe downgrading to Royal Replenish) to get the coffee covered. I don't want to do that though if you have to walk super far to get there. I am hoping the coffee drinks covered can be purchased in a few locations? Thanks for the info. And how cool is that to have a Starbucks on board? Love my Bux!

I believe the only places that offer speciality coffees are Cafe Promenade (in the Promenade) and Park Cafe (in Central Park) and possibly the dining rooms.

"I am somewhat fussier about my coffee and wouldn't mind having some good coffee on board."

Just in case all you want is brewed coffee, that's available for free.

If you're talking about espresso drinks (even just an americano) then you're paying extra for that either OOP or with Replenish or Ultimate.

How do the prices at the Starbucks compare to the land based restaurants?

I did not buy any since free coffee was "next door" but looking at the prices, they were average. For example, they were a little more than where I live, but less than some cities that I have seen.

"I am somewhat fussier about my coffee and wouldn't mind having some good coffee on board."

Just in case all you want is brewed coffee, that's available for free.

If you're talking about espresso drinks (even just an americano) then you're paying extra for that either OOP or with Replenish or Ultimate.

Are you saying that a cup of espresso after dinner in the MDR or Specialty restaurants will be extra????

Are you saying that a cup of espresso after dinner in the MDR or Specialty restaurants will be extra????

Yes, a cup of espresso would be extra cost, unless you had the Replenish or Ulitmate package.

They will offer you regular brewed coffee after dinner for no charge, but as Bob said espresso is an extra fee. It is an extra fee all of the time, in all venues that serve it.

They will offer you regular brewed coffee after dinner for no charge, but as Bob said espresso is an extra fee. It is an extra fee all of the time, in all venues that serve it.

WOW, and not in a good way... Can't believe I've spent $$$ for the Premium package and will have to pay extra for a shot of espresso at dinner :mad:

I can understand Starbucks, Lattes, Fraps and all those crazy concoctions - but an espresso WOW :eek:

WOW, and not in a good way... Can't believe I've spent $$$ for the Premium package and will have to pay extra for a shot of espresso at dinner :mad:

I can understand Starbucks, Lattes, Fraps and all those crazy concoctions - but an espresso WOW :eek:

I don't know about you but last time I checked espresso is classed as speciality coffee, so by choosing Premium you should have known it wouldn't be included.

Starbucks from Cafe Promenade will be included in the replenish package?

OK, we have to step back for clarification for others.

"Starbucks" is not included in any drinks package. *Espresso* drinks from the Cafe Promenade location is included. It might be Starbucks brand, it might not.

When talking about Oasis and Allure, where they have a Starbucks location (not included in any drink packages) AND a non-branded espresso-bar location (included in Replenish and Ultimate), it's super-important to say espresso, not "Starbucks".

Espresso + milk = latte = crazy concoction?

Brewed coffee is free on the ship. Espresso, any way you want to drink it, whether it's straight, mixed with hot water, mixed with milk, mixed with 18 different syrups, is not.

What about after dinner drink like Remy martin mixed with a coffee.....is that a speciality coffee...or just a drink...would that be inculed in the premium package.

That would be a speciality coffee as it contains coffee. After dinner drinks with things like Baileys that contain NO coffee would be included in Premium however.

I am assuming Irish Coffee is covered under alcohol in premium package. Is that true?

I suspect not. I think anything with coffee is limited to the Replenish or Ultimate packages.

Can I order a regular coffee and a shot of baileys? Would that be okay with the premium package? Also, does anyone know if the premium package can be used on Labadee?

Yes and yes. Regular coffee and decaf coffee are included for all guests. Shots of bailey's, either pay as you go, or in a package, are not coffee.

All beverage packages work on the private RCI ports.

Can I order a regular coffee and a shot of baileys? Would that be okay with the premium package? Also, does anyone know if the premium package can be used on Labadee?

Yes, they can be used on Labadee, but there is a limited drink menu. They have plenty of Labadoozies though.