Carnival Inspiration to San Pedro for May 4th sailing.

We are on board tomorrow's Inspirarion sailing out of Long Beach. Just got this email.

May 3, 2015

Hi there!

We know you must be very excited about your cruise tomorrow. So we want to provide you some important information regarding the weather.

We're sorry to say, the forecast in Long Beach calls for heavy swells throughout the day on Monday. Consequently, these conditions are not favorable for us to safely dock and remain alongside. Therefore, we have made the decision dock in San Pedro instead of Long Beach tomorrow.

Please continue with your plans to proceed to the Long Beach terminal. Upon your arrival, we will provide all guests with complimentary motor coach transportation to San Pedro (approximately 20 minutes). Check-in for your cruise will remain as scheduled at the San Pedro cruise terminal. Please do not proceed to San Pedro directly. The ship will be returning to the Long Beach terminal at the end of your cruise.

In addition, due to heavy swells forecasted in Catalina on Tuesday, we have modified our scheduled itinerary. Our times in ports remain the same.

Below is our revised itinerary.

DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Mon San Pedro, CA 5:30 PM

Tue Fun Day @ Sea

Wed Catalina Island (Avalon), CA 7:30 AM 4:30 PM

Thu Ensenada, Mexico 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Fri Los Angeles (Long Beach), CA 6:30 AM

Pre-purchased shore excursions for all ports will be automatically adjusted to the new days.

Please keep in mind staterooms may not be available when you board since we will have just completed saying goodbye to our guests from the current cruise. We suggest you carry with you any medications you may need as luggage delivery may run later than normal.

We apologize for this change and trust you'll understand your safety and that of our crew is our number one priority.

Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard the Carnival Inspiration.

See you soon!

Sincerely,

Arlene Marichal

Sr. Director, Solutions and Special Services

Carnival is telling the truth this time about it's change in piers. The swells are so heavy that flooding has occurred in Acapulco, and for the next 10 days swells are going to be at least 10 feet. It might be a bumpy ride for you. Have fun, we found the Inspiration to be a big party ship!

I just pulled into Long Beach from Catalina on the ferry. It was on of the smoothest rides I have ever made across the channel and port was as calm as it always is. Sailed right by the Carnival Terminal.

Hubby will be dropping me off and I sure don't want to get dropped off in Long Beach and then turn around and hop on a bus to San Pedro. Hope they clarify. I too am wondering if the letter got worded wrong.

Hubby will be dropping me off and I sure don't want to get dropped off in Long Beach and then turn around and hop on a bus to San Pedro. Hope they clarify. I too am wondering if the letter got worded wrong.

I'm pretty sure you're going to have to check in at Long Beach, unless Carnival is planning on bringing the ship back to San Pedro. In that case, you would check in at San Pedro.

I believe that you should confirm with Carnival as to where you need to start/check in for your cruise. Don't wait for them to clarify - you call them and ask.

Edited by Shmoo here

I'm pretty sure you're going to have to check in at Long Beach, unless Carnival is planning on bringing the ship back to San Pedro. In that case, you would check in at San Pedro.

We are coming back to Long Beach, but the letter says we are checking in at San Pedro.

Please continue with your plans to proceed to the Long Beach terminal. Upon your arrival, we will provide all guests with complimentary motor coach transportation to San Pedro (approximately 20 minutes). Check-in for your cruise will remain as scheduled at the San Pedro cruise terminal

Edited by Sillyjilly

We are coming back to Long Beach, but the letter says we are checking in at San Pedro.

Please continue with your plans to proceed to the Long Beach terminal. Upon your arrival, we will provide all guests with complimentary motor coach transportation to San Pedro (approximately 20 minutes). Check-in for your cruise will remain as scheduled at the San Pedro cruise terminal

Hmmm....wonder how they're getting around the PVSA with that. Unless both Long Beach and San Pedro and actually considered the same US port (just different berths).

Don't know.

Please continue with your plans to proceed to the Long Beach terminal. Upon your arrival, we will provide all guests with complimentary motor coach transportation to San Pedro (approximately 20 minutes). Check-in for your cruise will remain as scheduled at the San Pedro cruise terminal. Please do not proceed to San Pedro directly. The ship will be returning to the Long Beach terminal at the end of your cruise.

That was in no way helpful.

Got it!

Please continue with your plans to proceed to the Long Beach terminal. Upon your arrival, we will provide all guests with complimentary motor coach transportation to San Pedro

Using large font in red does not clear this part up about the email from Carnival: "Check-in for your cruise will remain as scheduled at the San Pedro cruise terminal." Can you explain why a cruise originally sailing from Long Beach would be updated implying the ship was originally sailing from San Pedro when it clearly was not? Let's admit that this missive from Carnival's Solutions Department is poorly written and confuses the issue rather than to clarify it.

Edited by sanmarcosman

Using large font in red does not clear this part up about the email from Carnival: "Check-in for your cruise will remain as scheduled at the San Pedro cruise terminal." Can you explain why a cruise originally sailing from Long Beach would be updated implying the ship was originally sailing from San Pedro when it clearly was not? Let's admit that this missive from Carnival's Solutions Department is poorly written and confuses the issue rather than to clarify it.

Thank-you. I couldn't have said it better.

Email is pretty clear to me. Go to Long Beach, check in, bus to San Pedro and complete check in at San Pedro.

Why there is confusion I don't understand. I agree the email is poorly written but it is clear what you are suppose to do.

have cruise ships sailed from San Pedro before?? I have to wonder why San Diego wasn't also available as the Imagination also docked there the day before.

Do you mean any cruise ships? Or Carnival cruise ships?

If the first - yes. We've sailed on Disney out of San Pedro, as well as Princess. I know Celebrity also sailed out of there at least once.

The problem with sailing out of San Diego on a Long Beach departure cruise is the 3 hour bus ride to get to the ship after checking in at Long Beach. Not a great way to start a "cruise".

San Pedro, at least, is only about 20 minutes away.

yes, I meant Carnival. They're limited on the West Coast, so I'd be interesting if they could move either the Imagination, Inspiration, or another ship to San Pedro to possibly do longer cruises.

We are on board tomorrow's Inspirarion sailing out of Long Beach. Just got this email.

May 3, 2015

Hi there!

We know you must be very excited about your cruise tomorrow. So we want to provide you some important information regarding the weather.

We're sorry to say, the forecast in Long Beach calls for heavy swells throughout the day on Monday. Consequently, these conditions are not favorable for us to safely dock and remain alongside. Therefore, we have made the decision dock in San Pedro instead of Long Beach tomorrow.

In addition, due to heavy swells forecasted in Catalina on Tuesday, we have modified our scheduled itinerary. Our times in ports remain the same.

Below is our revised itinerary.

DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Mon San Pedro, CA 5:30 PM

Tue Fun Day @ Sea

Wed Catalina Island (Avalon), CA 7:30 AM 4:30 PM

Thu Ensenada, Mexico 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Fri Los Angeles (Long Beach), CA 6:30 AM

Pre-purchased shore excursions for all ports will be automatically adjusted to the new days.

Please keep in mind staterooms may not be available when you board since we will have just completed saying goodbye to our guests from the current cruise. We suggest you carry with you any medications you may need as luggage delivery may run later than normal.

We apologize for this change and trust you'll understand your safety and that of our crew is our number one priority.

Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard the Carnival Inspiration.

See you soon!

Sincerely,

Arlene Marichal

Sr. Director, Solutions and Special Services

I'll take San Pedro over Long Beach any day. That's where the Love Boat sailed from every week.

Carnival used to sail out of San Pedro every week. They then took over the building that used to house the Spruce Goose in Long Beach and turned it into a new terminal and built up around that. We used to cruise alot out of the San Pedro channel and its great just to go through. Long Beach is a straight shot out into the ocean. Either way you get to go on a cruise and thats the best part.

Have fun.

Kathy