Ship class

• 7 months later...
Fantasy is the best class for a balcony IMO. No other class in Carnival's fleet gets you closer to the water line and seeing fish and dolphins jumping out of the water up close.

Think the cove balconies on the Dream gets you the closest.

Fantasy is the best class for a balcony IMO. No other class in Carnival's fleet gets you closer to the water line and seeing fish and dolphins jumping out of the water up close.

Fantasy class does not have balconies on the lower decks

The Dream class cove balcony's sit a bit higher from the water line from what I've seen in photos. They're close but I think the Sensation and Ecstacy have them beat by a deck or two.

Can't get much closer than deck 2. I don't think the Fantasy class has them on deck 1 or 2.

Can't get much closer than deck 2. I don't think the Fantasy class has them on deck 1 or 2.

Fantasy class balcony's start on the Main deck which is considered Deck 5, but is actually the 2nd passenger deck (above crew and engineering decks). Dream class cove balcony's start on the main deck which is Deck 2 for that class. So both start on the same deck, however Fantasy class ships appear to be a bit lower to the water line then other classes (can't prove it but it appeared that way when I saw the two classes together in port). Another thing is that the Fantasy class balcony's extend over the water where the Cove balcony's are tucked into the hull. The overhang of the Fantasy class adds to the enjoyment because you can see the entire side of the ship and it's like you're floating over the side.

I think the lower starboard and port side Fantasy class balcony's are one of Carnival's less known secrets

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

Fantasy class balcony's start on the Main deck which is considered Deck 5, but is actually the 2nd passenger deck (above crew and engineering decks). Dream class cove balcony's start on the main deck which is Deck 2 for that class. So both start on the same deck, however Fantasy class ships appear to be a bit lower to the water line then other classes (can't prove it but it appeared that way when I saw the two classes together in port).

I think the lower starboard and port side Fantasy class balcony's are one of Carnival's less known secrets

Given the fantasy class ships are 70,000 GT and the Dream class are 130,000, it would just seem to that the fantasy class ships would be lower on the waterline given their draught.

Did you make this chart up (I know the classes are correct, just wondering if you did it or got it from Carnival.com)? I don't think I have not seen this before.

It's official from carnival. I found it somewhere on the .com and made a JPEG out of the PDF a while ago. Pretty nifty, huh? [emoji41]

Did you make this chart up (I know the classes are correct, just wondering if you did it or got it from Carnival.com)? I don't think I have not seen this before.

A PDF can be found on their agent GoCCL website under the resource center/knowledge center.

It's official from carnival. I found it somewhere on the .com and made a JPEG out of the PDF a while ago. Pretty nifty, huh? [emoji41]

Thanks because I couldn't find it on Carnivals site. Now I'll be able to find it next time I need it.