Oasis Diamond Lounge

Oasis is not our favorite ship ( read... 'too big') but we have been invited to join a bunch of friends so may try her again. The last time we were on her there was a smallish lounge D in the forward part of the ship. Now we see there is a D lounge on Deck 11 aft. We are D+ and are wondering if there are any ADDED benefits above the D lounge. What I am asking is; are D & D+ all treated equally on Oasis? No differences? Reserved section at entertainment venues? On Quantum, we had CL access as D+ and got a few other benes from Concierge (like Coastal Kitchen dinner), we also had reserved balcony seating section for shows. TIA. No bashing please.

Oasis is not our favorite ship ( read... 'too big') but we have been invited to join a bunch of friends so may try her again. The last time we were on her there was a smallish lounge D in the forward part of the ship. Now we see there is a D lounge on Deck 11 aft. We are D+ and are wondering if there are any ADDED benefits above the D lounge. What I am asking is; are D & D+ all treated equally on Oasis? No differences? Reserved section at entertainment venues? On Quantum, we had CL access as D+ and got a few other benes from Concierge (like Coastal Kitchen dinner), we also had reserved balcony seating section for shows. TIA. No bashing please.

D+ will get the personalized amenity and behind the scenes tours.

On Oasis D+ will be limited to the D lounge only unless you are staying in a full suite. No access to Coastal kKitchen either.

Does D+ have the option for dinner in the CK or only the JS's have this.

A bit confused because on another post someone said JS's did...so which is it :confused:

A bit confused because on another post someone said JS's did...so which is it :confused:

Only JS's if they are able to accommodate them. No guarantees.

Not an option for D+

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Regarding having access to CK, I've heard JS and up, then I heard GS and up, now I'm confused. Maybe it's different on Oasis vs Quantum. I've never heard of access as a result of being D+.

Edited by clarea

Regarding having access to CK, I've heard JS and up, then I heard GS and up, now I'm confused. Maybe it's different on Oasis vs Quantum. I've never heard of access as a result of being D+.

John had posted his letter from the concierge and it was subject to availability for JS's. As that could change sailing to sailing or even day to day on the ship I just said full suite and up.

Better to receive an invitation when not expecting one than to expect one and not receive it.

Yes reserved seating as D+. Anybody will have access to the CK if staying in a full suite or if you have friends in a full suite you might get in as their guest just for dinner.

Edited by setsail

John had posted his letter from the concierge and it was subject to availability for JS's. As that could change sailing to sailing or even day to day on the ship I just said full suite and up.

Better to receive an invitation when not expecting one than to expect one and not receive it.

So do you think that GS and above have access to CK every cruise, but JS access varies by cruise?

We ate at 6:30 most nights and 7:00 the last night. It was never close to full. Only strange part is your key won't open door, you need to knock.

And the DL was never full either, you did have to wait a little for the first round if you show up at the beginning of happy hour. After that, drinks stay full

Edited by John&LaLa

So do you think that GS and above have access to CK every cruise, but JS access varies by cruise?

GS and up would be every cruise. I think that possibly for now they may have said subject to availability for the JS until they know for sure that they are able to accommodate them. Who know what will happen next month.

This is going to be very confusing to everyone involved including the onboard crew as well...

I experienced first hand even the drinks being loaded onto our SeaPass caused confusion with the staff when it first started...so any variance from cruise-cruise..and don't care to be knocking on the door to ask if I'm allowed... :eek::eek:

This is going to be very confusing to everyone involved including the onboard crew as well...

I experienced first hand even the drinks being loaded onto our SeaPass caused confusion with the staff when it first started...so any variance from cruise-cruise..and don't care to be knocking on the door to ask if I'm allowed... :eek::eek:

You don't knock to ask if you are allowed, you would already have reservations. :rolleyes:

Once onboard call CK and make reservations for the entire voyage. They are very accommodating. We went 4 out of 7 nights.

You don't knock to ask if you are allowed, you would already have reservations. :rolleyes:

Once onboard call CK and make reservations for the entire voyage. They are very accommodating. We went 4 out of 7 nights.

When you invite guests, do you have to pay anything for the guests to eat at CK?

Oh no... not another reservation system to deal with..have come to actually enjoy MTD which I never thought I would.

When you invite guests, do you have to pay anything for the guests to eat at CK?

No. But when we had guest we left a large tip as a cover for food and drinks and service. We had guest twice

Edited by setsail

No. But when we had guest we left a large tip as a cover for food and drinks and service. We had guest twice

Did you feel the need to tip when you did not have guests. We tipped on the last night since we had same waiter all week

Oh no... not another reservation system to deal with..have come to actually enjoy MTD which I never thought I would.

I may be wrong, but I think they recommend reservations for full suites as well.

If you think this is to much effort, enjoy MTD. We hated it

Edited by John&LaLa

Did you feel the need to tip when you did not have guests. We tipped on the last night since we had same waiter all week

We felt no pressure to tip at all but we did so for every meal and for bar service. All the money is pooled there since the staff is dedicated to that area.

At the bar they had a large jar behind the bar for all the cash tips. We did see many giving tips the last night to all the staff as you did.

Edited by setsail

We ate at 6:30 most nights and 7:00 the last night. It was never close to full. Only strange part is your key won't open door, you need to knock.

And the DL was never full either, you did have to wait a little for the first round if you show up at the beginning of happy hour. After that, drinks stay full

We were on the Oasis on 2/21/15 and my regular balcony key worked just fine 24x7 on the diamond lounge. It is a lot nicer than the deck 6 forward former diamond lounge there is a view and a much bigger room (2 levels), and there is nobody ever on the second level. I went there and worked on my computer for 3 hours one day, and the only company I had was a crew person vacuuming the floor.

jc

We were on the Oasis on 2/21/15 and my regular balcony key worked just fine 24x7 on the diamond lounge. It is a lot nicer than the deck 6 forward former diamond lounge there is a view and a much bigger room (2 levels), and there is nobody ever on the second level. I went there and worked on my computer for 3 hours one day, and the only company I had was a crew person vacuuming the floor.

jc

Sorry, I was referring to the doors for CK