Rome airport

There is serious chaos in and around FCO airport. Even at Ciampino Airport, things are loco as they receive an awful lot of extra passengers at that airport isn't built for heavy loads.

Pretty much every other connection out of FCO yesterday and today was now going through Milan or facing huge delays IF the flight went out of FCO at all. So all of Italy is kinda messed up right now.

I saw the last flight out of BRU (airport where I'm based) to FCO went out with about 10 minutes of delay. But it will take a while before the airport can restart full operations again. Colleagues from Alitalia got info from their HQ that, at least until Monday, 11 May operations will reach to max. 60% of the capacity. After that's, it's rather unclear if the full operations can be resumed already. But they're working hard to restore everything asap.
But of course, a lot of people will be stranded there, so all the flights for (I think at least) the next week will be very, very full and/or overbooked. Passengers who can, now quickly book flights with Ryanair or Wizzair (lowcost) through Ciampino. Edited by headhunterke