Currently on Liberty May 6 to 16

I'm not doing a total review but if you have any questions, just ask. This is the first cruise for Liberty out of Bayonne NJ.

Embarkation was easy and the new terminal is nice. The parking is not completed yet but we had no problems.

This is the only 10 day, with an additional night in Bermuda. We docked late tonight but the seas have been very smooth.

We're a group of 15 all at one table for late seating.

The ship was totally booked about a month before the cruise. We can notice the crowds but we're managing. There's very few children on this cruise.

Talk to you all later.

Wow thanks for taking the time to check in! Hope you're enjoying the cruise. We're sailing on the 21st so any info you can share is greatly appreciated.

Is Luke the CD?

Any chance they installed Freestyle Coke machines on their two day journey to Bayonne?

Sad that the Explorer is gone - but looking forward to making new memories on the Liberty.

Thanks again! Enjoy

Enjoy your cruise!! Can you take some pictures of each days compass if you find the time???

i'm not doing a total review but if you have any questions, just ask. This is the first cruise for liberty out of bayonne nj.

Embarkation was easy and the new terminal is nice. The parking is not completed yet but we had no problems.

This is the only 10 day, with an additional night in bermuda. We docked late tonight but the seas have been very smooth.

The ship was totally booked about a month before the cruise. We can notice the crowds but we're managing. There's very few children on this cruise.

Talk to you all later.

Enjoy your cruise!! I can't wait to sail her June 18!! Also a 9 nighter would love to see any picks. Are you doing an Internet package?? Was wondering on the cost. Hope the weather stays great enjoy!!!

Have a great cruise! What type of cabin are you in? We're booked in one of those large oceanview cabins up front for our December cruise. We usually have a balcony or bigger. Hoping we aren't too disappointed! Trying to save some money this time. :D

I'm not doing a total review but if you have any questions, just ask. This is the first cruise for Liberty out of Bayonne NJ.

This is the only 10 day, with an additional night in Bermuda. We docked late tonight but the seas have been very smooth.

Talk to you all later.

This might be a stretch but wondering if you could find something out for my family. When the ship is in St. Maarten, Royal offers a shore excursion to Orient Beach. Since there are a number of beaches on Orient. If possible, could you find out which particular beach the shore excursion goes to? I'm not asking you to go out of your way but should be at the shore excursion desk or near the concierge,I thought it would be okay to ask. Thanks so much.

Have a great cruise. We are so looking forward to our June cruise.

Swiss

Wow thanks for taking the time to check in! Hope you're enjoying the cruise. We're sailing on the 21st so any info you can share is greatly appreciated.

Is Luke the CD?

Any chance they installed Freestyle Coke machines on their two day journey to Bayonne?

Sad that the Explorer is gone - but looking forward to making new memories on the Liberty.

Thanks again! Enjoy

We're not 'CD people ' but I'll find out.

Sadly, no freestyle coke machines.

This ship is laid out much the same as the explorer, so we really enjoy it.

How do you get a table for 15?

I thought the limit when booking online was 10.

You need to call with all the reservation numbers and each cabin needs to call to confirm. It's a bit of a bother but it works. Then on your online reservation all the linked reservations will be listed.

Enjoy your cruise!! I can't wait to sail her June 18!! Also a 9 nighter would love to see any picks. Are you doing an Internet package?? Was wondering on the cost. Hope the weather stays great enjoy!!!

I won't be posting pix since most have been posted already. The package is 15$ a day for unlimited service but you must purchase for the whole vacation. So for me $150 minus $15 for C&A (10%) but we're still trying to get the discount applied because it didn't work during sign in. If you want 2 devices it's $20 p/day for this one would be $200. If you need only 1 24 hr. Period it's $29.99.

Have a great cruise! What type of cabin are you in? We're booked in one of those large oceanview cabins up front for our December cruise. We usually have a balcony or bigger. Hoping we aren't too disappointed! Trying to save some money this time. :D

We have a window on deck 2. The bed is under the window but there's plenty of room for the 2 of us. We originally booked a promenade cabin but my SIL and son decided to book last minute so we gave them our cabin which was connected to my brother and his older son. So they're together on deck 6 and we're way below.

My other brother has a junior suite which is huge and gorgeous.

We usually book balcony cabins but wanted to save money this time.

This might be a stretch but wondering if you could find something out for my family. When the ship is in St. Maarten, Royal offers a shore excursion to Orient Beach. Since there are a number of beaches on Orient. If possible, could you find out which particular beach the shore excursion goes to? I'm not asking you to go out of your way but should be at the shore excursion desk or near the concierge,I thought it would be okay to ask. Thanks so much.

Swiss

I'll see what I can find out. Gotta go to guest relations, again(!) to get our 15% discount for the Internet package. Explorations is right next to it.

Swiss

They go to Airport Beach, where the planes fly over. BTW, orient beach is a nude beach.

Is Luke the CD?

Thanks again! Enjoy

Thank you.

Luke Maverick Aerosmith is the CD... That's what they said at guest relations.. Got quite a laugh and discussion going. He's from England.

I'm so looking forward to reading your posts!! DH and I will be going on the 5-day on the 16th...our very first cruise! We will be in a balcony cabin on 8th floor, have MTD, did not purchase a drink plan (yet) and have $200 OBC. I would appreciate any thoughts and tips you could give. I'm especially interested to know about what excursions are worth looking into -- have heard it's more economical to book OFF the ship. Also would love to see Day 1 Compass if you have the time.

Thank you so much! ENJOY!! :)

Eileen

My husband and I will be on the same cruise in June. Hope you have fun, its our first. If there is any chance you could post the cruise compasses from this itinerary that would be great. Thank you so much.

They go to Airport Beach, where the planes fly over. BTW, orient beach is a nude beach.

Airport Beach? Wow, that isn't even part of Orient Beach. I'm wondering if there is more than one excursion to Orient Beach. The beach out by the airport is not our cup of tea! Guess I'll have to wait till we get onboard to find out more info on what beach the tour actually goes to. Thank you SO much for checking on this. Hope your weather is cooperating and you are all having a great cruise. We are all counting the days till our cruise.

P.S. Yes, we know Orient is a nude beach. Been there several times and never saw much in the way of nudity. ;0

my thanks again,

Swiss

Will be on the Liberty on the 21st. Is the internet slow, or very slow? Didn't use it on our last RCI cruise (Freedom) but sailed NCL in September 2014 and it was very, very slow. This time we will likely get the internet package. BTW-have a great cruise and thank you for taking the time to answer questions...will keep an eye on this thread!

Edited by MaryL31

Will be on the Liberty on the 21st. Is the internet slow, or very slow? Didn't use it on our last RCI cruise (Freedom) but sailed NCL in September 2014 and it was very, very slow. This time we will likely get the internet package. BTW-have a great cruise and thank you for taking the time to answer questions...will keep an eye on this thread!

Liberty's internet was slow for us this past March. Not quite as bad as the old dialup internet, but not much better either.

Sailing Liberty out of Bayonne on the 30th this month! :) Glad to hear boarding's a smooth affair. Did you get a great view of the NYC bridges?

If RCI's offering the Bonfire excursion in Bermuda on your cruise, can you find out exactly what it entails/is included vs. walking over to Snorkle Beach on your own?

What's the crew's overall vibe?

Sailing Liberty out of Bayonne on the 30th this month! :) Glad to hear boarding's a smooth affair. Did you get a great view of the NYC bridges?

If RCI's offering the Bonfire excursion in Bermuda on your cruise, can you find out exactly what it entails/is included vs. walking over to Snorkle Beach on your own?

What's the crew's overall vibe?

I'd love to know the crew's vibe as well. You read so many things and onsite intel would be great

DaisyL, we'll be sailing in July. Do you know what determines how the ship will dock? I notice on the webcam starboard side is port side in Bermuda. I hope you are having a fantastic time!

They do not always dock in the same direction. I have been there many times and have docked both ways. Reasons why are maintenance issues that may need to be performed and they also lower lifeboats, perform crew drills etc.

Edited by trvlmil