Currently on Liberty May 6 to 16

Daisy, question about Internet ... How soon to u sign up for it, and where?

Also any shows or things not to miss on embarkation day? We have MTD and first two days we have 6:15ish reservations. This will be our first cruise (a 5-day to Bermuda). ;)

Thank u again,

Eileen

Thanks for the bridge pic. Last (and only) time I left from Cape Liberty it was impossible to see anything because of thick fog. Hoping for good weather on the 21st! Will get working on White Night and 70's attire!

Daisy - Thanks for all this info! I couldn't wait to get home tonight to see what else you may have posted! We'll be embarking on Liberty in 9 days (woo hoo!!) and have never been to the port in Bayonne. We will be driving there & will park our car in the lot. Glad to read that you did this & saw no problems. Also, do you know anyone who went on a catamaran excursion in St Maarten? 2 offerings: Golden Eagle & Mirabella, very similar sounding. Just wondering if you heard any feedback on these. Glad to see that you are having a great time & I loved looking at your pics! Enjoy :D

Daisy:

Thanks for all of the information.

My family of 18 (3 children, 1 child in highchair, 14 adults) will be on Liberty on May 30. Are there any tables that seat that many people? We have the late seating time.

Also, we are weighing our options for the drink packages. There is a juice bar called Squeeze on board. Do you know if drinks from that bar are included in the drink packages?

Lastly, my cousin is bringing a hanging garment bag with her. She doesn't want to carry it around until we can get into our staterooms. Did you notice at the dock if there was any special treatment for these types of bags if she decides to check it at the dock. Someone mentioned in a post there might be some sort of a wheeled cart for this type of luggage.

I think there may be a table large enough, we're 15 at one table. If not they will put 2 tables back to back and you can switch seating every night to sit with different people in you group. Call RCI and make sure to link all the reservation numbers to ensure you can be together. Each group may have to call to give permission.

The bar called squeeze is an alcohol bar. We sit in the child's area where the bar is and get all our drinks there. I know you can get virgin drinks with the Premium package but not fresh squeezed orange juice.

We had four family members use garment bags and the porters place them on the carts on top of the luggage. They arrived safely.

Have a great cruise.... we certainly are.

Wow thanks for taking the time to check in! Hope you're enjoying the cruise. We're sailing on the 21st so any info you can share is greatly appreciated.

Is Luke the CD?

Any chance they installed Freestyle Coke machines on their two day journey to Bayonne?

Sad that the Explorer is gone - but looking forward to making new memories on the Liberty.

Thanks again! Enjoy

Hi Millie!

We are going on June 18. Missed you by one cruise!:D;)

Daisy, question about Internet ... How soon to u sign up for it, and where?

Also any shows or things not to miss on embarkation day? We have MTD and first two days we have 6:15ish reservations. This will be our first cruise (a 5-day to Bermuda). ;)

Thank u again,

Eileen

For the Internet you can be anywhere. Just open your normal browser and choose the RC server then it prompts you through to choose the package you want. Easy peasy.

I will look at the compass but the first night show is an introduction show so we don't go to that. We walked around looking for a venue with music and tried the Schooner bar with the piano player. We didn't like him at all... Not our taste. Then my niece tried catacombs dance bar but they didn't allow her 6 yo daughter. Then we went to Olive or Twist in the Viking Lounge and they had a country music band and go there every night now after our late seating dinner. Last night they had the Caribbean music band there .... Excellent.

Have a good time... Bermuda is our favorite island... Been there 7 times.

Daisy - Thanks for all this info! I couldn't wait to get home tonight to see what else you may have posted! We'll be embarking on Liberty in 9 days (woo hoo!!) and have never been to the port in Bayonne. We will be driving there & will park our car in the lot. Glad to read that you did this & saw no problems. Also, do you know anyone who went on a catamaran excursion in St Maarten? 2 offerings: Golden Eagle & Mirabella, very similar sounding. Just wondering if you heard any feedback on these. Glad to see that you are having a great time & I loved looking at your pics! Enjoy :D

Cathy, enjoy your cruise! Sorry, but I don't know anyone who went on them. We did see one of the catamarans at the pier when we were going on the ferry. Gorgeous!

The directions to the port can seem a little confusing but just follow the signs to the cruise port. You drop of your luggage in front of the terminal with a porter and then the driver parks the car and meets you inside the terminal. In NY area tip the porters $2 per bag.

Thanks for the bridge pic. Last (and only) time I left from Cape Liberty it was impossible to see anything because of thick fog. Hoping for good weather on the 21st! Will get working on White Night and 70's attire!

I never get tired of cruising out of the NY area. A lot of people dressed for the white night party but not too many in 70s attire.

We saw Saturday Night Fever last night and really enjoyed it. Be sure to get there at least 20 min ahead to get a good seat. I thought one of the female leads singing was not too good but the others were excellent and the dancing phenomenal. Be sure to stay until the cruise director comes on because the cast does a number of songs at the end and many people missed it by leaving when they thought the show was over. The whole cast sings and dances to several memorable songs. The musicians are excellent too. The show runs 1.5 hrs.

DaisyL,

I had a lot of questions which were also asked by others, and it was a pleasure reading your answers. So I will just say thank you!:) And enjoy your cruise. I will keep reading!

Thank you Arzeena.

Hi Millie!

We are going on June 18. Missed you by one cruise!:D;)

Hi Arzeena!:D

We were originally booked for June 4 - which we booked on the EOS last June. A few months ago we changed to May 21. Sorry we missed you!

Directions from NJ Turnpike Exit 14A into Cape Liberty

The ramp is straight across the toll plaza. Here's a video. No real street signs.

Please print out my directions. Others have followed them successfully. The signage is poor. When you come through the toll plaza there are lots of choices and you have to make a quick decision as to where you are going. For a first timer there's not time to stop and try to spot the correct little sign and I'm not sure the names of all the streets are clearly marked. GPS is notoriously bad in this area.

After you pay your toll you go straight across the toll plaza and get on a 2 lane ramp that goes up and curves left. This is hard to miss. On the ramp you stay on the right and make the first right, stay to the right and make another right. You will come to the light at route 440 where you will make a left, stay left, and make a left at the first light onto Goldsborough Drive.

Route 440 is a four lane divided highway. You can only turn left at a traffic light - going south the first light is now at Goldsborough Drive. The left turn into the port used to be at Port Terminal Blvd (and it still is coming the other way), but they shut down that turn fairly recently and made Goldsborough Drive the main port access road coming from the north. Goldsborough Drive will merge with Port Terminal Blvd. You will be able to see the ship and you just follow the crowd about 2 miles out to the ship.

"You drop of your luggage in front of the terminal with a porter and then the driver parks the car and meets you inside the terminal".

A little confused. We are used to Baltimore- you drop off your luggage and then you park your car and meet your family inside the terminal.

Great reports. Thanks.

Carol - Thanks SO MUCH for the directions! I printed them & put them with my cruise docs ;)

JanMD - I think Daisy meant one person gets out of the car with the luggage & then the other goes & parks the car (ie: I get out with the luggage & my hubby goes & parks the car & meets me in the terminal.)

Daisy - I meant to write, "YOU GO GIRL!" when you wrote that your NY came out & you told that guy to not fill his water bottle. My DH makes fun of me because I won't touch the handles on the spoons in the buffet - I use a napkin to grab them. I really don't consider myself a "germ freak" but I like to take a few precautions when I can :eek:

I am going to try to make the "white party" this time, so I'll be sure to pack accordingly! And my friend went to a "silent party" (don't know if that's what it is called) in the Catacombs where everyone has headphones on & they're all singing & dancing to whatever is playing on their headphones. She said it was a blast!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!!

Guest maddycat

I'm following along and getting a lot of good information for our first Liberty cruise in Oct. Is there a Boleros on the Liberty? Boleros was our favorite bar on both the Explorer and the Quantum. We love their coconut mojitos.

I'm following along and getting a lot of good information for our first Liberty cruise in Oct. Is there a Boleros on the Liberty? Boleros was our favorite bar on both the Explorer and the Quantum. We love their coconut mojitos.

Yes, Liberty has a Boleros, deck 4, aft.

Edited by clarea

For the Internet you can be anywhere. Just open your normal browser and choose the RC server then it prompts you through to choose the package you want. Easy peasy.

I will look at the compass but the first night show is an introduction show so we don't go to that. We walked around looking for a venue with music and tried the Schooner bar with the piano player. We didn't like him at all... Not our taste. Then my niece tried catacombs dance bar but they didn't allow her 6 yo daughter. Then we went to Olive or Twist in the Viking Lounge and they had a country music band and go there every night now after our late seating dinner. Last night they had the Caribbean music band there .... Excellent.

Have a good time... Bermuda is our favorite island... Been there 7 times.

Thank you so much... I thought I'd have to fight my way through guest services or some desk or other to sign up for internet package. This definitely is Easy Peasy!

Since this is our first cruise, I'm assuming DH and I will attend the intro show. Don't know anything about the bars/lounges, so I guess it will be trial and error. I think we both would enjoy The Caribbean band, and I've read another of your posts about getting to Saturday Night Fever 20 minutes before and staying all the way through the final songs!

You've been very helpful, I look forward to reading all your posts!!

Enjoy the rest of your vacation (I'll try not to bug you much more).

This might be a stretch but wondering if you could find something out for my family. When the ship is in St. Maarten, Royal offers a shore excursion to Orient Beach. Since there are a number of beaches on Orient. If possible, could you find out which particular beach the shore excursion goes to? I'm not asking you to go out of your way but should be at the shore excursion desk or near the concierge,I thought it would be okay to ask. Thanks so much.

Have a great cruise. We are so looking forward to our June cruise.

Swiss

My last time in St. Maarten we went to Little Divi Beach by local transportation bus. Beach Bar and restroom. Not crowded at all.

Carol - Thanks SO MUCH for the directions! I printed them & put them with my cruise docs ;)

JanMD - I think Daisy meant one person gets out of the car with the luggage & then the other goes & parks the car (ie: I get out with the luggage & my hubby goes & parks the car & meets me in the terminal.)

Daisy - I meant to write, "YOU GO GIRL!" when you wrote that your NY came out & you told that guy to not fill his water bottle. My DH makes fun of me because I won't touch the handles on the spoons in the buffet - I use a napkin to grab them. I really don't consider myself a "germ freak" but I like to take a few precautions when I can :eek:

I am going to try to make the "white party" this time, so I'll be sure to pack accordingly! And my friend went to a "silent party" (don't know if that's what it is called) in the Catacombs where everyone has headphones on & they're all singing & dancing to whatever is playing on their headphones. She said it was a blast!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!!

Thanks for clarifying about the parking.

I never heard about the silent party, interesting.

There were too many attending Saturday Night Fever last night that another show has been added for tomorrow afternoon.

Yes there is but it's very small and hot.

Thank you so much... I thought I'd have to fight my way through guest services or some desk or other to sign up for internet package. This definitely is Easy Peasy!

Since this is our first cruise, I'm assuming DH and I will attend the intro show. Don't know anything about the bars/lounges, so I guess it will be trial and error. I think we both would enjoy The Caribbean band, and I've read another of your posts about getting to Saturday Night Fever 20 minutes before and staying all the way through the final songs!

You've been very helpful, I look forward to reading all your posts!!

Enjoy the rest of your vacation (I'll try not to bug you much more).

Your welcome. But for the 9pm show last night, for the early dinner seating passengers, it was full 20 min before showtime! They added another afternoon show Friday.

Ask any questions you may have.

I can't remeber the name of it right now. How is the beach that I understand is in walking distance of the ship in St. Martin?

The main shopping area is along a beach. We take the ferry to the shopping area and walked along the small beach.

I'm not familiar with a beach near the cruise docks. Maybe someone else can help?

Guest maddycat
The main shopping area is along a beach. We take the ferry to the shopping area and walked along the small beach.

I'm not familiar with a beach near the cruise docks. Maybe someone else can help?

You're correct. The main shopping is in town. The street runs parallel to the beach. It's about a 20 minute walk into town. Too much for us in the extremely hot and humid Caribbean. Take the water taxi for $7 round trip. You get it near the ship and it leaves you off down town.