Cruise Rewards - Any New Suggestions + Ideas?

hamlettm

Hey Everyone,

My wife and I love NCL and we love to cruise! We have hit our Platinum level for rewards after this next cruise (yay finally). The latitudes rewards program is awesome, but we think it could be better. :)

My question to all of you is what do you think the cruise lines can do to make rewards BETTER for us (the people spending the money)? Are you happy with the rewards or do you think something else better could be done?

Anyway please respond below and let me know. I do plan to get a list together with a ton of signatures and send it to NCL. Instead of being the best cruise line on the planet what if they also have the best reward program for people?!?

Here is a list of current rewards and each level

rewards_ncl.png

Like I said above we are Platinum after this next cruise. Sure this is awesome, but after spending over $60,000 on suites and cruises I think it could be a little better, here are some of my ideas.

- 25% off all additional sailings (sure this will take away some cash from the cruise but it shows loyalty towards people who keep sailing with NCL)

- Make Priority Check in for Platinum members: Offer some free alcohol for us if we have to wait and food. Give Platnium members a nice waiting area with TV, wifi, alcohol, better food, etc while we wait to board the ship.

- Allow us to bring our own alcohol on board. Sure you may not make that extra $200 off me but you sure are telling me you love me by letting me bring some of my own goodies from home. DISNEY LETS EVERYONE BRING THEIR OWN ALCOHOL!! But I don't want to cruise with lots of little kids so....

- Always allow Platinum members on board first (with people who have suites) and get our rooms ready ASAP, we hate waiting.

- Give us free internet access. Come on, you got over $50,000+ from us, you can give up a little wifi.

- Take the ship pin back, nobody wants a cheap ship pin, cute idea tho. :)

- Give us a 50% discount on a couples massage.

- Allow us to stay on the ship and be the last to disembark if we need to, allow us to stay in the room late if needed.

- When we have to leave give us priority and get us off the ship fast!

- Let us wash our clothing for free.

- Give us a better behind the scene ship tour, show us some secrets!

- Pay our tips for us and allow us to pay extra if we were treated great.

- Offer some surprise like an exclusive show or dinner for Platinum members.

- Give us the best seating at shows

- Allow us to select our seats for dinner, give us the option for window seats to watch the sea.

In other words, if we hit platinum level treat us like kings and queens, we spent all the money on NCL, shows us you love us and make us feel special. Sure the program offers some basic stuff, but nothing to make me feel great. I understand you guys make a ton of money, I mean the cruise industry is huge. How about you take a small loss and reward the people.

Edited by hamlettm

It's always nice to dream I guess, but you are really wasting your time with this. Did you not read the board this week and lately with all the NCL money saving policies/revenue generators being put in to place? :confused:

Some good ideas though.

Edited by ColinIllinois

There has been some discussion recently about a Platinum+ level (mainly because so many are now Platinum).

OP - You have some interesting ideas there (though some e.g. free laundry are already there).

Given the current regime, anything brought in would have to be low to nil cost to have a chance of appearing in the final list.

A free bottle of booze or some free drinks vouchers would be welcome (or a discounted UBP (though that could interfere with the promotions).

How about a discounted Chef's Table?

From NCL's point of view, discounted upcharge items might be a win-win for them. We have done the Chef's Table and would not do it again at $99 each while the menu stays the same. If it was say $50 then we just might do it again (if we were ever to sail on NCL again:rolleyes:). If we do not do it, it can still be advertised as a perk and would actually cost NCL nothing in our case.

Same logic could apply to your spa idea and probably other things as well.

Edited by SteveH2508

They (the old management group) only cut things off the Platinum - can think of a couple like the discount was unlimited in the ship store on all things with a few exceptions (booze and cigs I think) to only one discount off a NCL logo item now. Also gave a light behind the scenes tour. I don't see this on the new management radar as far as increasing any benefit to customers as they have only been taking things away or started to charge for things.

They (the old management group) only cut things off the Platinum - can think of a couple like the discount was unlimited in the ship store on all things with a few exceptions (booze and cigs I think) to only one discount off a NCL logo item now. Also gave a light behind the scenes tour. I don't see this on the new management radar as far as increasing any benefit to customers as they have only been taking things away or started to charge for things.

Probably very true:mad: - another thing they might think about, which might play more to the 'plan', would be reciprocity or transferability of status between the various lines?

I think that NCL should establish a new level, platinum plus, based on 250 points, and offer a discount to those members who have reached that milestone. The discount could be based on the number of earned latitudes points and the type of room booked.

For example, if you have 250 points, and book a suite, your discount will be equal to $250. If you book a mini suite your discount will be 250 X 0.75 and so on.

It might not be a big discount, but it is better than what we get now.

Additionally, there could be a one-time bonus for reaching other milestones - $500 off a cruise for reaching 500 points etc.

We just reached Platinum from our cruise that ended Saturday. I agree there should be a higher tier such as Platinum+. Maybe for Platinum+ NCL could:

Give a second bottle of wine (not sparkling).

Give a second complimentary dinner at Cagney's

Elemis toiletries

Give a logo beach bag

Complimentary WIFI

My problem with your suggestions is that, once again, the solo traveler gets screwed. 100 sq ft studios are 150% of the price of interiors. Other rooms are 200%. For a couple, say husband and wife, both would get platinum. A fairer way would be points based on dollar value of the room.

I think I just became gold, and I'm not seeing any perks for past travelers. IMHO, RCCL does a much better job.

Haven't checked lately but gold used to get 25% off laundry bag special.