oceania riviera changes now ncl is in charge?

lis1407

Andy Stuart, respected long-time NCL veteran, is President of NCL and in charge of executing day-to-day changes. Recently promoted to President by FDR, he is in the best position to determine what changes needed to be made, and has publicly taken responsibility.

FDR is President and CEO of NCL HOLDINGS, the parent company of NCL, Oceania and Regent. He is in the position of determining overall policy, and has no doubt approved the recommended changes being made by Stuart, but is not in position to actually execute them. Similarly, Jason Montague is President of Oceania and Regent. These are not figurehead positions, and FDR, as capable as he is, is not capable of single-handedly executing every change on every cruise line.

As for NCL, most folks on this forum would consider them to be at the bottom of the food chain in cruising, and any changes are no doubt necessary and potentially beneficial.

While Oceania is obviously my favorite cruise line, I'm Platinum on NCL. I can unequivocally state I would not cruise with NCL in the Caribbean when schools are on vacation.

Don, I am taking my first NCL since 1979 in September on the Dawn to Canada and am really looking forward to it..FDR has said by that time it will be a different cruise line and the food will be much better!!

Jancruz1

Don, I am taking my first NCL since 1979 in September on the Dawn to Canada and am really looking forward to it..FDR has said by that time it will be a different cruise line and the food will be much better!!

Jancruz1

We too are trying NCL for the first time on a 5 day Pacific coast cruise in Haven (late September when school is back in session :)).

On paper it looks good, their many specialty restaurants (free for Haven) look very good and entertainment should be OK as well.

We'll see how it actually works out. I can't really judge anything fairly without actually trying it for myself.

Andy Stuart, respected long-time NCL veteran, is President of NCL and in charge of executing day-to-day changes. Recently promoted to President by FDR, he is in the best position to determine what changes needed to be made, and has publicly taken responsibility.

FDR is President and CEO of NCL HOLDINGS, the parent company of NCL, Oceania and Regent. He is in the position of determining overall policy, and has no doubt approved the recommended changes being made by Stuart, but is not in position to actually execute them. Similarly, Jason Montague is President of Oceania and Regent. These are not figurehead positions, and FDR, as capable as he is, is not capable of single-handedly executing every change on every cruise line.

As for NCL, most folks on this forum would consider them to be at the bottom of the food chain in cruising, and any changes are no doubt necessary and potentially beneficial.

While Oceania is obviously my favorite cruise line, I'm Platinum on NCL. I can unequivocally state I would not cruise with NCL in the Caribbean when schools are on vacation.

As someone who has cruised a lot on many cruise lines, those on this forum who think NCL is at the bottom of the cruising food chain are dead wrong, at least in my opinion. I'd rather cruise on NCL than Royal Caribbean, and you couldn't pay me to cruise on Carnival. This is based on actual cruising experiences, not "what I heard". Admittedly I cruise in Haven and suite cabins on NCL, so I'm used to the best experience that NCL offers, and it easily outdistances what Royal and Carnival have to offer in the higher end categories.

As someone who has cruised a lot on many cruise lines, those on this forum who think NCL is at the bottom of the cruising food chain are dead wrong, at least in my opinion. I'd rather cruise on NCL than Royal Caribbean, and you couldn't pay me to cruise on Carnival. This is based on actual cruising experiences, not "what I heard". Admittedly I cruise in Haven and suite cabins on NCL, so I'm used to the best experience that NCL offers, and it easily outdistances what Royal and Carnival have to offer in the higher end categories.

Let's recalibrate... Bottom of the Food Chain (of the major lines): COSTA

But they do provide passengers with complimentary mask and flippers, and occasionally the opportunity to try to catch their own fish...

Edited by JPR