Booking NCL Pride of America

AlohaPride

Yes they run kids sail free, our two sailed POA in March under this special.

However, unless you live in Hawaii, airfare is a significant factor. Before we booked, I checked multiple combinations of cruise and air costs before booking. We ended up getting ksf after booking but before final payment,so keep you eyes open.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are currently running kids deals so worth checking now for booking. The promos were great in February and have been chipped away at a bit each month, but the 3rd-8th at 50% off or free has continued for the time being.

Yes they run kids sail free' date=' our two sailed POA in March under this special.

However, unless you live in Hawaii, airfare is a significant factor. Before we booked, I checked multiple combinations of cruise and air costs before booking. We ended up getting ksf after booking but before final payment,so keep you eyes open.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote']

Thanks! We do live in Hawaii. We'd prefer to take a different cruise, but the lava is flowing on the Big Island and we'd like to go see it.

They are currently running kids deals so worth checking now for booking. The promos were great in February and have been chipped away at a bit each month, but the 3rd-8th at 50% off or free has continued for the time being.

Do I need to call NCL? I'm not seeing any kids deals on their website. . .

• 3 weeks later...

Looking to book PoA but am not really happy over the fact that due to Hawaiian laws, none of the promos apply to new bookings. I even tried doing a mock booking to see if the 1/2 priced deposit applied. Why is this ship excluded from that as well?

Looking to book PoA but am not really happy over the fact that due to Hawaiian laws, none of the promos apply to new bookings. I even tried doing a mock booking to see if the 1/2 priced deposit applied. Why is this ship excluded from that as well?

Hawaii laws prohibit the unlimited drinks packages, but not other deals. We were able to book POA with a bargain rate on a suite, unlimited dining, free gratuities, 3rd & 4th passengers free (except taxes/fees and gratuities), and OBC. Unfortunately that promo was short-lived.

We booked back in 2013 for this August. When free gratuities came out for our cruise, we were able to modify our booking, and then changed that to take advantage of the shore excursion credits that they were offering. So promos definitely do apply (except the drinks package).

Thanks! We do live in Hawaii. We'd prefer to take a different cruise, but the lava is flowing on the Big Island and we'd like to go see it.

You should have a great time, POA is definitely one of my Cruise goals. even though I'm from beautiful sunny South Florida I'm officially jealous of you LOL JK.

I also noticed that as of this month, the "small print" says POA is excluded from all promos. Not sure why, because it was not like that in prior months.

I think it's got to do with Hawaii State Laws on liquor and there is also no gambling allowed not even bingo or pull tickets.

I cant even remember if POA had liquor in their duty free.

I think it's got to do with Hawaii State Laws on liquor and there is also no gambling allowed not even bingo or pull tickets.

its not just the UBP anymore - its all the "free" offerings...

>> Terms and Conditions:

June/July - Freestyle Choice

Up to $1,600 in value per balcony stateroom (based on 7 itinerary)

Booking Window: 6/1/15 - 7/31/15 11.59 pm EST

Applicable Sailings: 3 - 16 day sailings*

<snip> <-- listing of the 4 options

Terms and Conditions:

*Pride of America sailings are not eligible for the offer. Norwegian Sky sailings beginning January 1, 2016 are not eligible for the offer.

Edited by Imalismom

Well, since the POA is US flagged, and never leaves the country, there is no "duty free".

I had my TA check about NCL specials and POA. Apparently I got in just under the wire, with Ultimate Dining, Free Gratuities, and OBC. She says these offers no longer cover POA. [bTW, she sent me an official NCL "Amenity Confirmation" that lists each of these items by passenger -- this is also something new from NCL and makes it much easier to prove what you are entitled to.]

When the promo's were available, the suite we booked (after the promo so we didn't get anything "free") was also about $1,000 per person MORE than when we booked our trip so.... I'd rather have that $2K in savings vs. the "free" offers.

There is a (slim) possiblity that we could have booked an Ocean View (around $2,199pp) back in April with those "freebies" and then asked NCL to "move" us into the SG Suite ($2,079pp) in May but we the also would have likely lost those promos in the move.

Edited by ndabunka

We too booked April 16 and got the free UDP for both weeks of our B2B.

Host Jazzbeau you must have booked a suite in order to get of the freebies.

Yes, an SI that sleeps 4 in three areas. Our first-ever suite -- since two adult children can come for "free," the suite cost less than 3 cabins. If only our daughter comes, it is still a good deal and will be very roomy.

We sailed on the POA April 11th - 18th of this year. The POA did not do a lava flow sail-by on the Big Island (in the past was done after Hilo on the way to Kona) as we were told it was not flowing towards the ocean. We were also told the only way to see the lava flow is by air (helicopter).