Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

Right, but "Proof of payment" would come from Carnival showing how much your cruise was and how much you paid, right? So if carnival sends an invoice (like you get via email) showing the amount of the cruise, taxes/port fees, gratuities, and whatever else, it shows the total amount due and then then total amount paid. I would think that would be all they need. Nowhere on any invoice that I have received does it say how I paid, just the amount I paid.

Carnival would provide the invoice or receipt - per this statement (for Travel Insured) you would need proof of payment "in addition" to the invoice / receipt from Carnival.

Again I could be wrong. I found no specific verbiage that mentioning gift cards. Also this statement is not in the policy but in the FAQ on Trip Insured website. I asked the folks at TripInsuranceStore.com and they said gift cards would not be covered. I didn't ask where it was stated.

You are correct , my post or 2 about the need or want for insurance was very well misplaced. And i apologize to the forum for my undue posts.

No problem and no hard feelings.

AARP currently has $100 gift cards, but $500 are sold out. They're at least still listed, so maybe they are getting ready to put more up.

AARP offers RCCL Gift Cards. Plus I purchased more for my March 2017 cruise.

Is this something new? I thought those RCCL things were gift certificates that the fine print said could only be used for the initial purchase of a new cruise.

Is this something new? I thought those RCCL things were gift certificates that the fine print said could only be used for the initial purchase of a new cruise.

They are the Certificates just like always. Here are the stipulations as listed on the AARP Website:

Royal Caribbean's cruise ships are among the most innovative and exciting in the travel industry. They've got it all, from rock-climbing, ice skating and zip lining, to elegant dining rooms, specialty dining restaurants, relaxing spas and the industry's first full-run Broadway shows. Royal Caribbean visits over 100 ports of call, in some of the world's most breathtaking locations. From the rugged beauty of Alaska and Canada/New England to the charm of Europe and the lush landscapes of Mexico, Hawaii, the Caribbean, the Panama Canal, Bermuda, and the Bahamas. Your experience onboard is nothing short of incredible.

This certificate cannot be used on a previously booked cruise.

This certificate cannot be used for an onboard credit, excursions, etc.

This certificate will not be accepted if it's booked through a travel agent, agencies, or group bookings.

Gift Card Terms and Conditions

The certificate can be used only for Royal Caribbean International services in accordance with terms and conditions outlined below. Certificates must be redeemed directly through Royal Caribbean International for the U.S. dollar value as outlined on the face of the certificate. Certificates can be used in multiples and can be used to supplement cash payment or credit card.

1. Travel agents, agencies or any other travel intermediary service cannot be used in conjunction with this certificate.

2. To make reservations, call Royal Caribbean International at 866-504-3941.

3. Certificate must be applied to a new individual reservation. May not be applied to a group reservation.

4. This certificate cannot be applied to ship-board credit.

5. Deposit required at time of booking. Standard deposit and final payment policy applies.

6. Please reference that you are using the Deluxe Rewards' Certificate Agency ID 293706, when making your reservation.

7. All reservations are subject to availability. This certificate is valid for all ships, departures and stateroom categories.

8. Once a reservation has been made with a certificate, standard cancellation policies apply. This certificate will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.

9. Upon making reservation, certificate must be mailed to the address below.

EXPRESS MAIL:

Royal Caribbean International

Attn: Accounting Department

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, Florida 33132

The value of the certificate will be applied to cruise reservation once certificate has been received.

10. Gift Certificate is transferable when gifted.

11. Gift Certificate is not redeemable for cash.

12. Optional trip insurance is available and recommended.

13. Tax liability is the responsibility of the certificate user.

Edited by firemanbobswife

They are the Certificates just like always.

It’s still the same then; I was hoping they had seen the light and come out with a flexible card like Carnival has.

From my perspective those certificates are a waste of time, I would be losing money unless I bought over $500 worth of the certificates. The last time I checked Express Mail it ran about $23. If I bought a $500 certificate to save $50, after I take out the express mail charges I would have about $27 in savings. Then there is the trip to the PO to mail it and the gas and time associated with that. I don’t know about your PO; but mine is about 10 miles from where I live and with the price of gas here is about $2/gallon. I would have roughly $25 left to cover my time, frustration and any savings. My PO is always very busy, even with two people at the counter. I think I have been there once in the last year that there weren’t at least five people in line and it didn’t take at least an hour and an half to get there, do my business, and get back to the house. Well there goes the other $25, or most of it, for the time it takes to get the certificate in the mail.

After running the numbers; I don’t see much, if any, actual savings in using the RCCL certificates once you do what they tell you to do, to redeem them; especially for something that has very restricted use. While others may disagree with me, that my take on them.

I was so excited today when I got the mail there was an envelope in there from AARP with my gift cards. I am now able to book my cruise!!

The only problem is the gift cards are missing! I had my invoice in there, 3 hotel.com papers, and my 1000 points paper. But no gift cards!!

I already have a call into them to check it out! How do I prove the gift cards were not in there?

Donna:confused:

Edited by jennas_mum

I was so excited today when I got the mail there was an envelope in there from AARP with my gift cards. I am now able to book my cruise!!

The only problem is the gift cards are missing! I had my invoice in there, 3 hotel.com papers, and my 1000 points paper. But no gift cards!!

I already have a call into them to check it out! How do I prove the gift cards were not in there?

Donna:confused:

Was the envelope still sealed ?

Yep!

Im not sure they track what gift card goes into the envelope. So its prolly not a simple void and replace. I thought i had a bad card once but it was just my error. I figured out what i did wrong while i was on hold so i never talked to anyone. Hope you the best of luck to resolve this problem.