Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

Just called my TA to add some OBC with my gift cards as of 2017, if you are going to use the gift cards as OBC you have to show it as you check in.

That's how it was last January on the Liberty, right after settling in we went to the desk and applied a $500 gift card to our S&S account. On the last night I stopped back down and collected a little over $100 cash back.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Forums mobile app

I applied some in December of 2016 and it was no problem.

Will just bring them along... or save them towards my next cruise...lol

It has been like that since I started buying gift cards in 2015. You have to apply them at check in or on the ship.
Edited by rjrice1

I applied some in December of 2016 and it was no problem.

Will just bring them along... or save them towards my next cruise...lol

How did they apply them to your onboard account beforehand? It's my understanding the only way that can happen is if you buy Cruise Cash and that is a Fun Shop purchase and you can't use GCs for that. If there's a way to do it ahead of time I sure would be interested in this.

We had the check in person apply our GC for our S&S account in December, no problem and could have also had GS apply them as well. Any GC we planned to use to fund our S & S account we always bring to add at check in.

We used other cards previous to cruise to pay for an excursion and to pay off the cruise at final payment, called Carnival direct to have them do it so that if I ran into issue they would already be on phone.

Don't know how TA did it back then; but called him yesterday and Carnival made it effective Jan.2017 you have to bring it to them..:(

But it's no big deal;

How did they apply them to your onboard account beforehand? It's my understanding the only way that can happen is if you buy Cruise Cash and that is a Fun Shop purchase and you can't use GCs for that. If there's a way to do it ahead of time I sure would be interested in this.

Sooo . . . I check this morning and they are available on Verizon Rewards and AARP.

Quickly toss five $100 gift cards into each cart and proceed to check out, which ever site moves quicker. Verizon was faster BUT I select my shipping address and then, NOTHING!

Site won't let me check out. I tried everything but I can't proceed to payment info. Called customer service, they have me enter a new delivery address, nothing works. While I'm on hold with them a new message pops up in my cart, SOLD OUT!

I had emptied my AARP cart and closed that window thinking that could have been a problem. When I went back, they are sold out also. The systems are nearly identical, I'm guessing it doesn't matter which I use?

Damn!

2 weeks to my cruise, I know they usually ship quickly but I'm running out of time. I had some paid off the cruise a while back and used my last to book an excursion. Oh, well? :confused:

I found the sites to be the same except for the checkout. Verizon lets you send to a different address from your credit card and AARP had to be the same address as your credit card. No big deal just theirs always someone at the one address and not at the other. On $500.00 cards you have to sign for them. That's how it was for me maybe not for everyone.