QM2 - anything you want me to check out ?

Host Hattie

Glad to hear that you're having a lovely time - if the weather on Monday is the same as it has been today then Liverpool will be beautiful in the sun.

Jo was the CD on my very first cruise on the Black Watch nearly 6 years ago. Being a cruise newbie I had absolutely no idea that they even had cruise directors, let alone what job they did. She was a great introduction to cruising & she was the best CD that I have encountered, closely followed by Amanda Reid on Queen Elizabeth. Edited by Jules.

[quote name='Host Hattie']I'll be on QM2 for the British Isles trip from Sunday. Is there anything I can check out for you while I'm onboard and report back ?[/QUOTE]

Could you let me know what the dress code for the 175 Ball is please? Are we expected to wear black, red and gold?

Have a great trip.

[quote name='capnpugwash']It is a generic powder wrapped in a soluble film and is unmarked.[/QUOTE]

Thanks capn I really didn't fancy venturing in there. We have had the bag of laundry offer.

3 broken seats in Illuminations as far as I can tell.

[quote name='Curiousity']Could you let me know what the dress code for the 175 Ball is please? Are we expected to wear black, red and gold?

Have a great trip.[/QUOTE]

Yes the colours are black, red and gold but no you are not expected to wear them.

We only saw a few red dresses and red bow ties at the 175 Ball on the QV recently.

See other threads on this topic:

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2203045#[/url]

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2209821#[/url]

Last day, any last questions ? The cruisecritic team have found a few potholes (details to follow) & I have a list of RADA events.
It has been an amazing trip and today we have a beautiful sunny day in Guernsey.

Have a great day in Guernsey, we'll be there soon.

Watched the Liverpool event live from the comfort of our own home and thought about what a wonderful time you would be having on board.

Enjoy the remainder of your trip.

[quote name='Lynnewob']Have a great day in Guernsey, we'll be there soon.

Watched the Liverpool event live from the comfort of our own home and thought about what a wonderful time you would be having on board.

Enjoy the remainder of your trip.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Lynn, we've had a good day. We did the trip to Sark which was cut short because the call was only 6 hours.
Still a nice trip and good to see the sun at last.

I suspect you've disembarked by now?

A good view of the QM2 today in Ocean terminal taken from the QE in the QE2 terminal

[IMG]http://oi61.tinypic.com/vihelt.jpg[/IMG] Edited by Ray66

[quote name='Ray66']I suspect you've disembarked by now?

A good view of the QM2 today in Ocean terminal taken from the QE in the QE2 terminal

[IMG]http://oi61.tinypic.com/vihelt.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Thanks, we were given a 10.45 disembarkation time but we were driving out of the car park just before 10.

Just home so once I've got myself slightly organised I'll post the missing answers.

[quote name='DDBINK1']Hope you are having a great voyage. Wish I were on board also.

I was wondering about the seats in the Planetarium, have any repairs or replacements been made?[/QUOTE]

There were 3 chairs taped off, I've not counted before so I don't know whether that is better or worse than before. It didn't seem very many considering the level of complaints so maybe they have repaired some.

[quote name='zider']See if there is any update on the Dry Cleaning issue please.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I didn't use laundry or dry cleaning. I noticed on a blog that the dry cleaning repair was due in Southampton after the World Cruise. There was certainly no indication that it wasn't available.

[quote name='estim8tedpropht']Hi,
If you can find out what shows the RADA troupe is putting on that would be most helpful! Thanks![/QUOTE]

We had -

Cunard Street - "a delightful compilation of witty titbits, trivia and trifles about these grand ships" (this was the only one we went to)

Jazz Poetry
Passion & Piano
Ghost Stories

Hope this helps

[quote name='Host Hattie']We had -

Cunard Street - "a delightful compilation of witty titbits, trivia and trifles about these grand ships" (this was the only one we went to)

Jazz Poetry
Passion & Piano
Ghost Stories

Hope this helps[/QUOTE]

OK thanks so much! Getting ready for our cruise on the 21st! :)

interesting about the lack of trays still in KC. On QV last week they were in use in the Lido. The hot plates stacked on / in the counter dispenser are covered to keep them hot. I'm known as "asbestos fingers" but there were days when they were too hot to pick up without a napkin, and even then I wouldn't have wanted to carry them without a tray.

[quote name='Host Hattie']There were 3 chairs taped off, I've not counted before so I don't know whether that is better or worse than before. It didn't seem very many considering the level of complaints so maybe they have repaired some.[/QUOTE]

We attended the planetarium show on this voyage and changed seats (in the red section) several times to find ones which reclined to give a good view of the screen. We gave up since the show was about to start and viewed the program with tilted back heads. However, later in the week we went to a very crowded Stephen Payne lecture in the same venue. I sat in one of the red (planetarium) seats, leaned slightly backwards and immediately found myself in the lap of a very understanding lady sitting behind me. This particular seat was so loose it would ONLY recline and not lock into place. Looking around, it was clear that others were having the same problem. Planetarium seats definitely in need of maintenance.

[quote name='Host Hattie']Last day, any last questions ? The cruisecritic team have found a few potholes (details to follow) & I have a list of RADA events.
It has been an amazing trip and today we have a beautiful sunny day in Guernsey.[/QUOTE]

I can attest to the fact that there are 'potholes' on the ship although to be fair, they are more like soft, shallow dips. However, they can be a hazard, especially to high heels. I did not make note of specific locations but there is at least one in the hallway into the Queens Room (approaching from the right side), one in the deck 6 hallway (odd numbers) and a particularly impressive one in the photo gallery just in front of the desk.

"It's an interconnecting cabin but we've not heard any noise from next door".

Glad you had a quiet time despite your connecting door, Hattie. We also had an interconnecting cabin, a fact we had not realized in the excitement of booking over a year ago. When we did realize, we called Cunard customer service to see if another cabin was available, and why we were not told when we booked that our cabin had a connecting door. We were told that Cunard does NOT have to give you that information, that a lot of the cabins are connected and that they are so well insulated that noise from the other cabin cannot be heard. By day 2 on the ship we were at the Purser's desk to let them know that we could hear every word spoken by our cabin neighbours who were in no way intentionally loud, but we heard drawers and doors closing, their TV, phone and conversation in a normal time of voice. It would make sense to assume that they could also hear us. No other cabins were available but a door cover, specifically made for the purpose of covering and insulating connecting doors, would be installed. It was, within an hour, but actually did little to solve the problem. Since the ship had the covers at the ready it would appear that they are aware that the connecting door insulation is not as sturdy as customer service led us to believe. Happily, our neighbours also turned out to be our table mates and we got along just fine, but I would caution prospective passengers regarding booking a cabin with a connecting door. We will be more careful about not booking one in the future.

[quote name='amias']"It's an interconnecting cabin but we've not heard any noise from next door".

Glad you had a quiet time despite your connecting door, Hattie. We also had an interconnecting cabin, a fact we had not realized in the excitement of booking over a year ago. When we did realize, we called Cunard customer service to see if another cabin was available, and why we were not told when we booked that our cabin had a connecting door. We were told that Cunard does NOT have to give you that information, that a lot of the cabins are connected and that they are so well insulated that noise from the other cabin cannot be heard. By day 2 on the ship we were at the Purser's desk to let them know that we could hear every word spoken by our cabin neighbours who were in no way intentionally loud, but we heard drawers and doors closing, their TV, phone and conversation in a normal time of voice. It would make sense to assume that they could also hear us. No other cabins were available but a door cover, specifically made for the purpose of covering and insulating connecting doors, would be installed. It was, within an hour, but actually did little to solve the problem. Since the ship had the covers at the ready it would appear that they are aware that the connecting door insulation is not as sturdy as customer service led us to believe. Happily, our neighbours also turned out to be our table mates and we got along just fine, but I would caution prospective passengers regarding booking a cabin with a connecting door. We will be more careful about not booking one in the future.[/QUOTE]

That sounds annoying, the only time we heard anything was the last formal night when they must have been hosting a get together. At one point someone tried the door ! Of course they may be complaining that we were extremely noisy neighbours.

The neighbours/table mates thing happened to us on our last trip.

[quote name='Host Hattie']Sorry I didn't use laundry or dry cleaning. I noticed on a blog that the dry cleaning repair was due in Southampton after the World Cruise. There was certainly no indication that it wasn't available.[/QUOTE]

A friend of mine attempted to have his suit dry cleaned this voyage, and he was told that dry cleaning services were unavailable. No indication of when this would be fixed was provided.