Gratuities Question

Keep scrolling down. There is an article about the gratuity increase and how it is not going to the staff.

It's an article written by a lawyer who makes his living off of suing cruise lines, and the article provides no sources to back up his allegations.

JS staterooms do not pay full suite gratuities. They pay the lower gratuity amount.

I was once upgraded from a JS to a GS. I already had my gratuities paid for the JS. Once onboard I went to guest services to explain it and to have them deduct the difference. He just basically shrugged his shoulders and said that nobody has ever asked that before and gave me my seapass card back.

I just made up the difference in cash and then some.

I thought it was a simple request.

It's an article written by a lawyer who makes his living off of suing cruise lines, and the article provides no sources to back up his allegations.

You are on a 25 day cruise and you are worried about 24 dollars?

I think this lawyer is cool.

My sis Suzie makes a valid point about money. I work overtime, i work hard making a living dude.

If i want to pay tips, i will. If i dont i wont. 24 dollars to me is a big deal.

Its my money ok ?

To the person who mentioned the article by a lawyer that mentioned it goes to Royals bottom line, he has no evidence of that and I highly doubt it.

I questioned him over it and asked for evidence, yet he didn't "approve" my comment, and even if he did he claims anyone who doesn't take his side is commented from an IP address at Royal HQ (he can't see anyone's IP address without legally informing them in his privacy policy)

I was once upgraded from a JS to a GS. I already had my gratuities paid for the JS. Once onboard I went to guest services to explain it and to have them deduct the difference. He just basically shrugged his shoulders and said that nobody has ever asked that before and gave me my seapass card back.

I just made up the difference in cash and then some.

I thought it was a simple request.

Similar thing happened to us when we upgraded a stateroom from a JS to an OS. We had prepaid gratuities on the JS, and the amount did not change when it went to an OS. Our TA had to get Royal on the phone to have the amount changed.

not true - that is not how the internet works :)

If he is collecting or storing people's IP address in anyway (which storing he would need to do to be able to see it) it would need to be in his policy. He also uses the basic comment system in Wordpress which does not include IP address tracking

If he is collecting or storing people's IP address in anyway (which storing he would need to do to be able to see it) it would need to be in his policy. He also uses the basic comment system in Wordpress which does not include IP address tracking

You don't even have to have a privacy policy.

Is there anyway of prepaying gratuities but at a reduced amount?

Here's my reason

I will be travelling with my wife and 2 young children, 3 and 2 years old.

I do find issue with paying for them especially when we will not eat in main restaurant.

Happy to pay for me and wife so half of prepaid gratuities.

Where I would want to pay gratuities for them is at kids club etc but I believe I'm right in saying these are not part of gratuities breakdown?

So would need to do this at end?

Are you on My Time Dining? If you opt for traditional dining then you don't have to prepay gratuity. But once you are onboard you will be charged gratuity automatically onto your onboard account. You can remove auto grat at guest services and pay cash to who you want.

Is there anyway of prepaying gratuities but at a reduced amount?

Here's my reason

I will be travelling with my wife and 2 young children, 3 and 2 years old.

I do find issue with paying for them especially when we will not eat in main restaurant.

Happy to pay for me and wife so half of prepaid gratuities.

Where I would want to pay gratuities for them is at kids club etc but I believe I'm right in saying these are not part of gratuities breakdown?

So would need to do this at end?

But they will be eating somewhere, won't they? Children of that age make a much bigger mess than adults and are really fawned over by the staff. IMO they should really be paying more but in any event at least what the adults pay. Only the 3 year old is eligible for the kids club (and must be fully trained, no help will be given with dressing, undressing or wiping) and, you are correct, that staff is not part of the tip pool.