Travel Guard Insurance Info on Claims

USA41018

After 37 cruises, looks like we are going to have to file a claim. Leaving Saturday, May 23, have Travel Guard Insurance. Husband has to have a CT Monday because of blood clots in urine, he is 73. He wants to go but there is a good possibility that won't be possible.

Just want to know if anyone has first hand knowledge with Travel Guard and the procedure to file a claim of trip cancellation. Also, first hand knowledge of any Carnival credit on another cruise or are we out of luck which doesn't really matter since we have the insurance. Do you call your PVP asap, Also have ordered liquor for delivery to our cabin from Fun Shops, any idea of cancellation policies, tried to find something about this.

We will have to cancel probably Tuesday after the CT. I'm trying to stay positive but it's not looking good.

I have been a member of Cruise Critic for over 10 years and really hope I can get some help here. I have a lot of other things on my mind with my DH so thanks alot for anything you all can tell me.

Linda

First and foremost, spend all energy thinking good thoughts.

Second, don't jump the gun. Wait for Physician's report as to whether he can travel. Immediately upon the Physician says he CANT travel, then call the insurance compAny for guidance

First and foremost, spend all energy thinking good thoughts.

Second, don't jump the gun. Wait for Physician's report as to whether he can travel. Immediately upon the Physician says he CANT travel, then call the insurance compAny for guidance

Thank you, I have helped a lot of cruisers with my information and I appreciate your helping me

I also say wait for physician's report, and try to stay positive. There are some minor reasons why this happens, but even if it turns out to be something that needs further medical intervention, you will be getting it seen to asap, and that is always a good thing. My parents have had to cancel cruises because of my Dad's health issues, but it has always been a good call. He is still trudging along, and they are still cruising at ages 82 and 85.

Look after the health issues first. There will be a cruise waiting for you later.

Best wishes to you both

After 37 cruises, looks like we are going to have to file a claim. Leaving Saturday, May 23, have Travel Guard Insurance. Husband has to have a CT Monday because of blood clots in urine, he is 73. He wants to go but there is a good possibility that won't be possible.

Just want to know if anyone has first hand knowledge with Travel Guard and the procedure to file a claim of trip cancellation. Also, first hand knowledge of any Carnival credit on another cruise or are we out of luck which doesn't really matter since we have the insurance. Do you call your PVP asap, Also have ordered liquor for delivery to our cabin from Fun Shops, any idea of cancellation policies, tried to find something about this.

We will have to cancel probably Tuesday after the CT. I'm trying to stay positive but it's not looking good.

I have been a member of Cruise Critic for over 10 years and really hope I can get some help here. I have a lot of other things on my mind with my DH so thanks alot for anything you all can tell me.

Linda

We had to cancel a cruise and travel guard was outstanding. They helped with cruise and medical bills. We were ready to board ship as well.

I've not had to cancel but have had to file insurance claims. It went seamless and they processed my claim quickly. If you're not able to go get all the documents you can. You'll need to get a statement from the doctor then something from Carnival showing the amount your out. Good luck and hope you get to go!

OP, I agree with the previous posters. Wait to hear what the doctor says.

I dealt with Travel Guard & they were great.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2042256

See post #19 to see my experience.

If you ultimately end up submitting the claim form, it specifically asks when you were told by the doctor not to travel.

Just make sure your papers are in order and you should have no problems getting reimbursed very soon.

Good luck.

We had to cancel the second part of a b2b because I broke my arm. Travel guard were great and came through as promised. Didn't happen quickly and lots of paperwork involved, but eventually everything got settled. And yes carnival did refund excursions, fun shop purchases, prepaid tips and I believe taxes and port fees.

We were on the Constellation on a Northern TA when my FIL died while we were on or 2nd of 4 days at sea. We had to fly home for Newfoundland. You can imagine how hard and expensive it was to find a flight with little notice from there! We had Travel Guard. Within 3 weeks of our return we received a check for all incurred expenses...one-way flight from Newfoundland, refund of our return flight segment from Newark, the cost of ship-to-shore calls to arrange a flight home, $200 for trip interruption AND a refund of our 4 remaining cruise days!! We just had to fax copies of requested documentation.

More similar to you situation was a non-cruise trip we had planned to Cancun. The afternoon before our morning flight my mother fell in here assisted living facility and broke her hip. Within two weeks we had a check again! I had to have the doctor write a letter saying the health problem and that I had her POA and Medical POA. I had to send the documentation of the cancellation cost of anything that incurred it...flight, hotel and even the tickets for the basketball tournament which was he main reason we were going. All costs were included in the check amount.

I swear by travel insurance. I usually get Travel Guard or Allanz.

Hang in there and hope all works out well.

Linda

Terribly sorry to hear this. We have attempted travel with some older family members that had pre trip health complications arise, and were insured in the past, but that was years ago. My 2 cents is please call Travel Guard directly as insurance contracts can be tricky and fulfillment is contingent on the right forms (if needed), with right authorizations, at the right timing.

We hope it's not serious enough to prevent you from vacationing, but health has to be #1.

My mom passed away four days before I was leaving on a back t back and Travel Guard was awesome , and so was Carnival I had pre paid all my tips and never even called them to ask what happens with that and within 30 days of sending all my paperwork to travel Guard I had received all my money back including my tips taxes and port charges from Carnival.

Good Luck

Travel Guard paid within 2 weeks when I had to cancel. I listened carefully and turned in everything they wanted so my claim was complete and accurate. The monies the cruise line owed me took a lot longer!

I had to file a claim with Travel Guard since I had a medical emergency 5 days before a cruise. I called them a few days after the cruise departed. They email me some forms. I had to complete part, doctor, had to complete part, plus I had to give them access to my all my medical record for the six months before the cruise. I got a printout of everything and mail it off to them. It took about a month and I received a check.

First, op I wish you luck and I hope everything works out for you.

Secondly, it's great to hear the positive things about Travel Guard. We've been using them for years and fortunately we have not had to make a claim with them.

We also have been using Travel Guard for years and never had to file a claim.

Thanks for all the well wishes. We will know more tomorrow or Tuesday. Our cruise leaves Saturday out of Miami (Breeze). Hopefully we will be on it but my DH's health is more important.

I always know I can get information from my Cruise Critic family. Thanks again.