Posh vs Spa Pass on Epic

Booklover42

A Spa pass if you like to relax and bubble around in an indoor setting. The Spa balcony gets some sun but not all the time and people do chair hog those loungers and heated loungers. But the showers, the pool and the sauna make up a lot, great place to quietly spent an hour at 8am before your day starts.

The Posh pass for padded loungers, a bar and a la carte menu. Mind you that Posh currently has no sun umbrellas as far as I have seen last May and read, those will be back after the dry dock is said on CC. So Posh could be a bit too warm in the middle of the Med summer.

Personally I would pick a Spa pass and use the Spice H2O area as outdoor retreat, with the jacuzzis, the bar, the small buffet and the a la carte afternoon appetizers it's hard to beat. Only minor thing is it's not as secluded as Posh and doesn't has soft padded loungers or daybeds. Posh does gets the pool deck noise for free and Spice doesn't.

And you can find those daybeds, clam shells and padded loungers for free on deck 18 all the way forward. They lack the presence of a bar or any food, sometimes a waiter comes by but don't count or rely on that. Bringing a drink and something to munch on from the lower Garden Café might solve that.

But, getting a Posh pass if you don't like the tranquil Spa is a great thing instead of the DYI on deck 18fwd and Spice at the aft. It's all about what you plan to do.

:)

Great response from Fre. When the weather is good, I prefer Vibe/Posh. I had spa pass last week with poor weather prediction, and used it two rainy days. But the chlorine made my eyes burn and bothered my throat. In the past on Getaway, there were always umbrellas in Vibe/Posh.

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from the Epic.

There are no umbrellas in the POSH area.

Many times I went to use the area and could not because it was so hot in the direct sun. The deck could burn bare feet.

I am glad I did not pay extra as it was part of the Haven's perks.

I cannot comment on the spa area as I cannot handle the smell of the chemicals that they use in the pools.

Spa has:

dry sauna

steam room

water circuit

hot tub

heated tile loungers

There are also loungers on the balcony outside the thermal suite. There are also additional dry sauna's and steam rooms segregated by sex and the wonderful spa showers.

But you can't get a cocktail in the spa.