New to NCL, how do promotions work?

JAMESCC

I was gonna book a cruise for next spring my my wife, 3 year old son, and I a few weeks ago, but didn't. I just went on today to see rates, and it seems to have gone up quite a bit. I thought it was 50% off second guest. Does that promotion come and go? When will it be back if it is something that comes and goes? Thanks for any help.

I was gonna book a cruise for next spring my my wife, 3 year old son, and I a few weeks ago, but didn't. I just went on today to see rates, and it seems to have gone up quite a bit. I thought it was 50% off second guest. Does that promotion come and go? When will it be back if it is something that comes and goes? Thanks for any help.

You're getting confused with the Royal Caribbean offer. The current NCL offer lets you pick which one you want (dining credit, excursion credit, Wi-Fi or OBC) and the 3rd to 8th guests in the same cabin are 50% off (the current rate, not what you pay for 12 & 2) or even free.

Edited by Guindalf

Thanks, I guess I'm super confused. I must have chosen a different cruise from a few weeks ago because it came out much more expensive today. I'll have to find that cruise from a few weeks ago. Thanks for the help.

You're getting confused with the Royal Caribbean offer. The current NCL offer lets you pick which one you want (dining credit, excursion credit, Wi-Fi or OBC) and the 3rd to 8th guests in the same cabin are 50% off (the current rate, not what you pay for 12 & 2) or even free.

Note that the 3rd - 8th guests are off the "rack" rate which is much higher than any thing you will find advertised, unless you are in a suite. For an inside cabin the 3rd - 8th guests can end up costing as much if not more than the 1st and 2nd guests.

Note that the 3rd - 8th guests are off the "rack" rate which is much higher than any thing you will find advertised, unless you are in a suite. For an inside cabin the 3rd - 8th guests can end up costing as much if not more than the 1st and 2nd guests.

I'm not following? My wife and I have the same fare rate, but our 3 year old son was 137 bucks I think.

Prices and promotions come and go on a regular basis. Prices in particular may change on a daily basis (maybe even more frequently). All cruise lines modify pricing as the ship sells its cabins. Also, pricing will change by ship and itinerary as well.