Not all ext afts are equal

teaach

I was on the Breeze, Deck 7, in an ext aft, next to the wrap The cabin was way smaller than other ext afts I have been in. So both ext afts on Breeze, Deck 7,next to the wraps have no sofa area or coffee table. Some tv's in these cabins are mounted above the head of the bed, forcing you to watch while lying on the foot of the bed. I booked the Sunshine, Deck 7, ext aft, I called my PVP to make sure I didn't get stuck in the smaller 8M. She said the 8m's next to the wraps are smaller, minus the sofa area. So I booked the ext aft, next to the smaller cabin. Make sure you talk to someone from Carnival about the specific configuration of your 8M before you book. I don't know how many of these smaller 8M's are out there. We should make a list, so people are not surprised when they board.

I was on the Breeze, Deck 7, in an ext aft, next to the wrap The cabin was way smaller than other ext afts I have been in. So both ext afts on Breeze, Deck 7,next to the wraps have no sofa area or coffee table. Some tv's in these cabins are mounted above the head of the bed, forcing you to watch while lying on the foot of the bed. I booked the Sunshine, Deck 7, ext aft, I called my PVP to make sure I didn't get stuck in the smaller 8M. She said the 8m's next to the wraps are smaller, minus the sofa area. So I booked the ext aft, next to the smaller cabin. Make sure you talk to someone from Carnival about the specific configuration of your 8M before you book. I don't know how many of these smaller 8M's are out there. We should make a list, so people are not surprised when they board.

What cabin number did you have?

Calling Carnival doesn't always get you the right answer. I was booked in an aft until I researched and found there was no sofa. (I can't remember the particular room or ship) I called to change rooms and the rep said there was a sofa. I pressed her and when she actually checked she was surprised to find out there wasn't one. It's best to check sites that give reviews of specific rooms.

Thank you. I booked an extended aft yesterday on the Breeze on Deck 9 (Only two left were on deck 9). When I was researching, I read that the cabins next to the wrap around are smaller and then when you actually look at the deck plans, you can tell that that cabin is smaller just from the deck plans.

I'm in cabin 9476, which I believe is ok.

Thank you for the heads up. It is posts like these that helped me know what I wanted/didn't want to book.

Actually, you can determine this information yourself by booking yourself online rather than on the phone with a PVP. You can see from the description that the rooms you mentioned don't list a sofa, and you can easily put two and two together and figure out that it doesn't have a sofa because there's no room. In addition, you can see from the picture of the deck plans that these rooms are smaller than the other aft extended balconies due to the curvature of the ship in the back. Bottom line, in my opinion, it's always better to book your own room rather than let someone else book you. As long as you do your research beforehand, of course. :-)

Yeah I did a check and double check on google, Carnival website and here etc... for the Legend afts since I was in one next to the wrap... Supposedly the Spirit Class ships are ok and all have sofa area in those cabins.

We have cabin 8462 (8C) booked on the Magic for Feb. This is one of the L shaped cabins, is this one of the smaller ones that the tv is over the bed??

Thanks,

Doug

Looks from room picture and floor plan that tv is in front of bed on wall - I don't see a sofa though... Nice long balcony to relax on though! Enjoy your cruise!

CL_MC_8_Balcony_NS_L_2W_6493_Digijpg.ashx

CL_MC_8_Balcony_NS_L_2W_6493_FLjpg.ashx

We have cabin 8462 (8C) booked on the Magic for Feb. This is one of the L shaped cabins, is this one of the smaller ones that the tv is over the bed??

Thanks,

Doug

We had one of those on the Liberty. No couch but nice long balcony. Our Tv was across the bed and was easy to view while laying in bed. :)

On the Breeze 7491 and 7460; on the Sunshine 7327 and 7324. I don't know about any more smaller ext afts, but stay away from these. i am sure more could be added. You must check with a PVP to make sure you have sofa and table area.

Calling Carnival doesn't always get you the right answer. I was booked in an aft until I researched and found there was no sofa. (I can't remember the particular room or ship) I called to change rooms and the rep said there was a sofa. I pressed her and when she actually checked she was surprised to find out there wasn't one. It's best to check sites that give reviews of specific rooms.

What sites can you be confident with?

Looks like the Dream, empress deck ext aft cabins next to the wraps are missing the sofa area also. The wraps have an L shaped configuration and the next door wraps have a curved balcony that cuts out the sofa area.

OP, I am sorry you had a crummy cabin. In fact I had no idea that the aft cabins had some that weren't like the others. So, I did some investigation on the carnival website with their interactive deck plans. I looked up 7465 which is right in the middle, the cabin I have booked. Here is the description: "Two twin beds (convert to king). Sofa and coffee table. Desk and seat. Full bathroom with shower. 3 closets. Private aft-facing extended balcony with patio chairs and table.

All images are representative of staterooms. Actual configurations may vary."

But in fact if you click on 7460 here is the description listed: "Two twin beds (convert to king). Desk and seat. Full bathroom with shower. 2 closets. Private aft-facing extended balcony with patio chairs and table."

So the descriptions actually do indicate that these cabins are different. They do indicate that there is no sofa in 7460, but again you have to know to look for it. And, had I booked it being lead to believe there was a sofa I don't know that I would have looked it.

An unfortunate lesson to all of us. Read those deck plans and descriptions before booking. The floor plans clearly show a couch on 7465 and not on 7460 as well.

Go to the Carnival site http://www.carnival.com/

Click explore tab - our ships - then choose your ship.

Then Deck Plans tab - see deck plans - then choose your deck

Once you have your deck just click on your room and you will see a pic of the room, plus you can click floor plan on the pic and see the layout of your room type. :)

7461 & 7460 are next to the wrap and have no sofa, there is a wall that jets out where the sofa should be. I was booked in this cabin and changed it and I'm glad I did. We moved down to deck 6, 6472 next to the wrap and it was wonderful....also there was really no noise from the comedy club below....if you were quiet you could hear a little something but nothing to worry about.

Edited by Midwestgal

We just got back after 8 days on the Breeze in the other Aft Ext Balcony-- #7461 and just like the original poster said, it was a bit tiny, had no couch, and the balcony was smaller than the aft ext balconies I've had in the past. Also, oddly, it was the noisiest cabin I've ever stayed in. Lots of squeaks, and thumps and loud noises that woke us up at night.

The beds were comfy though! :)

~pugmommy

Go to the Carnival site http://www.carnival.com/

Click explore tab - our ships - then choose your ship.

Then Deck Plans tab - see deck plans - then choose your deck

Once you have your deck just click on your room and you will see a pic of the room, plus you can click floor plan on the pic and see the layout of your room type. :)

This seems to be a reliable site to see your configuration.The 360 view doesn't work for me, but the description seems to say some 8M's don't have the sofa and table area. Seems to always be on Deck . Thanks.

Go to the Carnival web site and search for your ship - go to the deck plans and find a cabin number. Click on it and you'll get info on that specific cabin, including a floor plan.

We had one of those on the Liberty. No couch but nice long balcony. Our Tv was across the bed and was easy to view while laying in bed. :)

I am on the Liberty aft 7444 do you know if it has a couch or not