fairbanks weather

shelby101

We will be in fairbanks on the 29th of this month, and I have been watching the weather and it seems really warm with no rain for the next 10 days. I sure hope it is that nice when we get there.

Folks visiting Fairbanks are often surprised that a community so far north has such warm summers. But even when the temperatures reach highs in the 80s and 90s the temps generally cool off at night. But we also certainly can have cold rainy days too, and given how dry we are currently, those of us who live here are rather concerned about forest fires this summer.

Folks visiting Fairbanks are often surprised that a community so far north has such warm summers. But even when the temperatures reach highs in the 80s and 90s the temps generally cool off at night. But we also certainly can have cold rainy days too, and given how dry we are currently, those of us who live here are rather concerned about forest fires this summer.

Living in Colorado I can identify with the forest fire concerns. I hope for the best for those in Alaska.

Living in BC I can understand about forest fires. In 2013 we had a major fire right in town. Also at one point we had four major fires burning within 50 miles.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

shelby: The official high in Fairbanks was 85F yesterday, but today has been cooler with highs predicted for the mid-70sF. Showers are predicted to arrive tomorrow, which we desperately need as it is extremely dry. Alaska Fire Service has issued a red flag warning for essentially all of Interior Alaska (i.e., extreme fire danger). Our National Weather Service local office is predicting highs in the mid-70s with chance of showers through the end of this week.

shelby: The official high in Fairbanks was 85F yesterday, but today has been cooler with highs predicted for the mid-70sF. Showers are predicted to arrive tomorrow, which we desperately need as it is extremely dry. Alaska Fire Service has issued a red flag warning for essentially all of Interior Alaska (i.e., extreme fire danger). Our National Weather Service local office is predicting highs in the mid-70s with chance of showers through the end of this week.

Thanks for the update.

Jonette