Haven Afternoon Snacks

Yinster

Hello All

Just wondering what do people like to ask for when it comes to the afternoon snacks in the suites? Just there is so much choice yet I am not sure what there is. First time with in a Haven suite and NCL.

Thank you

Hi!

They will bring something different each day (and these vary - from canapes to things like BLTs, Other types of Sandwiches with Chips too).

We usually had a standing request for pretzel rolls (sometimes with cheeses/hams - sometimes not). Then again, food allergies were an issue for us, so we controlled it (and were creatures of habit) - so we weren't too inventive in the food department. :D

But, really, anything you like to snack on usually. Do you like sandwiches? Chips? Some like cheeses, etc. to go with wine they may like to have.

It's truly a personal choice. Cookies? (And, their Oatmeal Raisen and Chocolate Chips ones are awesome!)

You will LOVE it in the Haven!

Enjoy!

The only thing we requested were certain types of fruit for our fruit bowl. We got those (green apples and grapes) every day.

Other than that, we let the butler surprise us. On our last cruise, we received four plates of snacks per day (for three people), which was more than we got last year. Our choices included sandwiches, cheese and crackers, chocolates, chocolate covered strawberries, cookies, and canapes.

One thing we learned that if we didn't want the butler to take something back right away (while we were at dinner) to either put it in the fridge or leave a note asking for it to be left in the room.

Bring a zip lock. Sometimes we didn't want the snack right away but wanted it for late evening. The crackers and sandwhiches got a bit stale not being sealed up in the fridge.

We enjoyed cheese assortment with crackers and smoked salmon late afternoon. We had a standing order for grapes daily, along with M&M's (I know, not very healthy but I'm on vacation, right?). Other than that, we enjoyed being surprised.

it will be our first time in a suite with ncl too, we have cruised at this level with Disney but with them you just pop along to a lounge and help yourself to little canapés of snacks cheese, crackers, desserts etc

my daughter has a food allergy so we are a little concerned about plates of food just being left

I was thinking about requesting a separate plate of fruit and a few pieces of veggie sushi just for my daughter so she can have something

and then for the rest of us

cheese, chutney, grapes and crackers for the grown ups

cookies and M&M's for my not so little chap :p

Truly, the possibilities are endless. We usually got BLT finger sandwiches, chips, fruit plate and cheese and cracker plates (yes, all each day). Had to be really careful that we didn't fill up on this stuff and then not be hungry for dinner. :eek: The butlers tend to be very observant and if they see you're not eating a certain thing, they'll change it up for you. Also, they are all very flexible so don't hesitate to ask for what you'd like specifically.

And those cookies, oh my gosh, they were soooooo good. Loved the oatmeal raisin and the DH loved the chocolate chip. Needless to say we came home a few pounds heavier than when we left. But, hey, like Watchdiva said, we're on vacation, right?

Order what ever you want. Just give your Butler a call and he/she will be happy to accommodate any of your wishes, if possible, or give him/her a note upon embarkation letting him know what you would like during the week. The oatmeal raisin cookies are awesome.

A funny story was on here. A passenger gave their Butler a list of the snacks they enjoyed, thinking that they would get something different everyday. What they got was the whole list of snacks each day LOL!

Order what ever you want. Just give your Butler a call and he/she will be happy to accommodate any of your wishes, if possible, or give him/her a note upon embarkation letting him know what you would like during the week. The oatmeal raisin cookies are awesome.

A funny story was on here. A passenger gave their Butler a list of the snacks they enjoyed, thinking that they would get something different everyday. What they got was the whole list of snacks each day LOL!

sounds great :D I'm so looking forward to being spoilt a little

it will be our first time in a suite with ncl too, we have cruised at this level with Disney but with them you just pop along to a lounge and help yourself to little canapés of snacks cheese, crackers, desserts etc

my daughter has a food allergy so we are a little concerned about plates of food just being left

I was thinking about requesting a separate plate of fruit and a few pieces of veggie sushi just for my daughter so she can have something

and then for the rest of us

cheese, chutney, grapes and crackers for the grown ups

cookies and M&M's for my not so little chap :p

Tell the butler about your daughter's food allergy so he doesn't bring anything she is allergic to. In regards to the sushi, you will probably have to pay al la carte for that since it is a specialty restaurant item, but also consider that you must eat it within 1 hour of it being prepared or it may go off if it is not refrigerated. Also, no sushi should be consumed after 24 hours even if refrigerated.

When I traveled on the sun twice in a penthouse with my mother (she is diabetic) and the Butler brought a separate plate of sweets each day - one sugar-free and one plain. In addition to some savory ones.

Just recently on the Jewel, The butler brought vegan snacks for my niece and regular snacks for me.

Tell the butler about your daughter's food allergy so he doesn't bring anything she is allergic to. In regards to the sushi, you will probably have to pay al la carte for that since it is a specialty restaurant item, but also consider that you must eat it within 1 hour of it being prepared or it may go off if it is not refrigerated. Also, no sushi should be consumed after 24 hours even if refrigerated.

I wasn't aware that the sushi is a la carte so will order from room service to the butler when my daughter wants a snack, eating it will never be a problem, it will arrive and my daughter will magically make it disappear LOL

When I traveled on the sun twice in a penthouse with my mother (she is diabetic) and the Butler brought a separate plate of sweets each day - one sugar-free and one plain. In addition to some savory ones.

Just recently on the Jewel, The butler brought vegan snacks for my niece and regular snacks for me.

This is really good to know, thank you :)

Hello All

Just wondering what do people like to ask for when it comes to the afternoon snacks in the suites? Just there is so much choice yet I am not sure what there is. First time with in a Haven suite and NCL.

Thank you

Ha! Watch out for those snacks! The first few days I felt guilty if I left them (depression era parents) and so did not feel like eating dinner. I finally had to refuse the trays. We did ask for and enjoy some peanut M & M's for DH and plums for me, even though the butler went overboard on the plums also, it looked like a bowl of 20 or so--way too much!

Ha! Watch out for those snacks! The first few days I felt guilty if I left them (depression era parents) and so did not feel like eating dinner. I finally had to refuse the trays. We did ask for and enjoy some peanut M & M's for DH and plums for me, even though the butler went overboard on the plums also, it looked like a bowl of 20 or so--way too much!

Haa! I'm thinking the same thing. People are talking about having sandwiches and stuff as snacks. Aren't sandwiches, like, meals for most people?! I can't imagine eating a meal as a "snack" while I get ready for dinner.

Is this just a Haven perk or does it apply to Family Suites as well? I got my luggage tags from NCL but there was no "list" like people talk about. There was something that told me to call NCL or go to a website. Unfortunately I don't have the link with me right now.

Is this just a Haven perk or does it apply to Family Suites as well? I got my luggage tags from NCL but there was no "list" like people talk about. There was something that told me to call NCL or go to a website. Unfortunately I don't have the link with me right now.
I'm not sure about the answer to your question (I was in a regular suite and got a letter on last cruise, but others had to call, because I didn't get anything from the pre-concierge), but you can give the pre-concierge a call and ask. 1-855-625-4283

Hi!

They will bring something different each day (and these vary - from canapes to things like BLTs, Other types of Sandwiches with Chips too).

We usually had a standing request for pretzel rolls (sometimes with cheeses/hams - sometimes not). Then again, food allergies were an issue for us, so we controlled it (and were creatures of habit) - so we weren't too inventive in the food department. :D

But, really, anything you like to snack on usually. Do you like sandwiches? Chips? Some like cheeses, etc. to go with wine they may like to have.

It's truly a personal choice. Cookies? (And, their Oatmeal Raisen and Chocolate Chips ones are awesome!)

You will LOVE it in the Haven!

Enjoy!

Cookies....they are usually our only request. Sometimes they even arrive WARM!! :eek: Nice to have them as a bed time snack too - if they lasted that long. :o

I agree that you should not hesitate to ask for what YOU'D like to have. We have sailed with friends that requested cold shrimp and cocktail sauce along with a couple of Corona's every afternoon. They got large portions (cereal bowl) delivered every day about 4 pm. It was sure was great to hang out on their balcony for "happy hour" ! ;) :D

Edited by happy cruzin

I would rank the afternoon snacks as somewhat disappointing and pretty far down the list of useful or desirable perks for booking a suite. Just not a big deal, but luckily there's plenty of other food available on board!

(Of course YMMV!)

For all suites.

There is no "list" of snacks in the suites. People just make personal requests to their butler. I made requests of this nature to the pre-concierge when I sailed in a suite on Breakaway, and it was ignored. I also told my butler we preferred sweet to savory snacks. He always delivered the savory snacks (I think there are set trays that the butlers take from and deliver), but sometimes brought extra cookies and things as well.

I would rank the afternoon snacks as somewhat disappointing and pretty far down the list of useful or desirable perks for booking a suite. Just not a big deal, but luckily there's plenty of other food available on board!

(Of course YMMV!)

I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment!