Balcony expierence

Room service-- is it like a hotel? Do you hang it outside your door? Do you tip them when it's delivered? I just assumed I had to leave the cabin and go get coffee or a drink or cheese platter or whatever.

I feel silly but I really don't know. If I have something delivered to the room, what is an appropriate tip for the delivery? Or is that what the other gratuity is for? I have no problem tipping and probably tip too often, but don't want to "throw money away" either.

So, yes and no.

Breakfast room service is done by filling in a little card and hanging it on your door-knob like a hotel. You tick whatever you want etc.

The rest of the day (and it is 24/7) is done either by calling room service, or using your interactive TV and just pressing what you want delivered.

Room service is free, but in the wee hours there is a tray charge - I think it's $5.

Tipping. Now everyone has a different take on this. I usually tip 2 or 3 dollars for room service, but they won't stand around waiting for it - they're busy guys. Do it if you want - but they won't mind if you don't.

... If I have something delivered to the room, what is an appropriate tip for the delivery? Or is that what the other gratuity is for?... ...

The daily gratuity does not cover room service. As other poster said, they are not going to wait so keep your tip handy.

They usually call before delivery, so you can tidy up if necessary. Think of this call as a wake up call ☺.

During the day you can also have room service, not just for breakfast. Nice to order (free) fruit and cheese platter in the afternoon.

Breakfast on the balcony. Bring binoculars to see other ships and sights from your balcony. Love to take nap with door open listening to ocean.( do not do this at night a/c won't work with balcony door open. Especially when traveling alone a balcony is a great addition to your vacation.

We order room service every morning and drink coffee on the balcony. So relaxing! It's nice to just sit and watch the water. This photo is from Liberty last month. [ATTACH]349951[/ATTACH]

Is that bacon and eggs I see? On the other lines, you can only order continental. I hope this is right because I will definitely be utilizing room service at least a couple of mornings. :p

We love having a Balcony cabin. We had a balcony cabin the last 2 cruises and have booked a Balcony cabin for our next cruise on Legend of the Seas.

We love sitting out on balcony and:

* watching the world go by.

* having breakfast, cake or beer and watch the sun rise or set.

We have seen dolphins from our balcony.

There is nothing more soothing than watching the waves without a worry in the world. :D

I JUST told my son that I can't wait to wake up, open the balcony door and just hear the ocean. Every morning, one of us wakes up, opens the door and then gets back in bed! :p

Reading and napping on the balcony is also nice! I can't wait till I can experience an aft balcony and can bring along a hammock! :D

Can you put a hammock on all balconies?

Can you put a hammock on all balconies?

I don't think you could put a hammock on all balconies. You might be able to hang one on a regular balcony, but if you did there would be no room for anybody else out there!:(

If you can score a deck 7 corner aft balcony on a Voyager class or Freedom class ship (7388 or 7688) you can definitely enjoy a hammock! This is DH... 7388 on Navigator…

Judy

Nav7388balcony.jpg

I've been blessed to have two balconies and will have one on my upcoming cruise. I absolutely love having breakfast out there and curling up with a good book and a glass of wine. I also sleep with my balcony door open so I can fall asleep to the sounds of the ocean.

Congrats on your 1st balcony! There is nothing like opening the slider to the balcony and taking that breath of salt air with the sight of the ocean in your pj's! Knowing that RS will drop off breakfast to enjoy with reading and music on the balcony. Now once I get one of the covers I keep it and run up to WJ to get breakfast and a nice bowl of fruit. I enjoy a glass of wine and sitting and enjoying the sunset. Dinner on the balcony is also a treat. Enjoy.

Taking a solo Caribbean cruise soon on LOS and my 1st balcony. Thinking about ways to enjoy like: having my am coffee or if pool area too crowded, I will have private reading/relax location although I don't want to spend to much time alone.

How do you enjoy your balcony.......Also, do they have mini frig?

Thanks

Every night before bed I go out there..