$500 total to go from an Aft Balcony to Ocean Suite

Jenniell

It really depends on your overall budget and what you want out of your cruise.

For us, Cabin choice depends on our cruise, but mostly we find the size of the cabin more than adequate. Thats an awful lot of money for a suite - but if you can do it, why not!

I personally would upgrade. As an FYI, I paid $500 to upgrade from a spa balcony to a grand suite on our last cruise on the Valor last December. The large balcony, extra interior space and whirlpool tub were worth the extra cost to experience a suite at least once.

If you have never been in a suite if I were you I would do it. Last

September I sprung and booked an Ocean Suite. Three days before

sailing carnival called and offered a Grand Suite for 150.00 a person

to upgrade. We jumped on it and have no regrets. Our suite was twice as big as a reg.balcony. What I would do is see if they would except less, maybe

400.00. The worse they can say is no. Maybe you get it for 400.00.

HAPPY SAILING!!!

We got a similar offer on the magic from a 8a balcony to an ocean suite for $525 and turned it down. Now we are regretting not taking it for a lot of reasons other posters mentioned (bigger cabin larger balcony full tub priority embarkation). If the cost works for you do it.

I have stayed in suites on Carnival and for me, I don't think the extra $500 is worth it. I know I am in the minority, but I never, ever take a bath. I don't care if it is a whirlpool tub as I feel someone else's dirty water has been circulated in the pipes and who knows what else is in there?

The one thing I really liked though was having the extra area for a dressing area. I liked the extra space, but since there are no extra amenities with a Carnival suite, I'd stay put with my balcony that I have chosen.

I have stayed in suites on Carnival and for me, I don't think the extra $500 is worth it. I know I am in the minority, but I never, ever take a bath. I don't care if it is a whirlpool tub as I feel someone else's dirty water has been circulated in the pipes and who knows what else is in there?

The one thing I really liked though was having the extra area for a dressing area. I liked the extra space, but since there are no extra amenities with a Carnival suite, I'd stay put with my balcony that I have chosen.

I agree, I don't always like the location of the suites. It's kind of luck of the draw. I won't use the bathtub, although the larger bathroom would be nice, not $500+ nicer. I love the aft facing balconies, and I would be very difficult to get me to switch from that. Especially to have to pay $500 to switch.

I understand the OP's desire to switch to a suite for an anniversary though. I just wish Carnival offered better perks to those in the suites, like other lines do!

Would you do it?

The question is - would YOU do? Too many variables. What ship? How many people. What itinerary? Any friends on the cruise? How are your finances? How long is the cruise?

Edited by Cuizer2

Personally, NO, but for your special occasion, perhaps. I had an Ocean Suite once, and found that the only advantage over a regular balcony was the whirlpool tub. I tried it once, but found it to be a P.I.A. to fill, etc. Give me the $500 and the aft balcony instead. :D

"SKY"