What Happens If You Are Denied Boarding...

In 6hrs I would be in the Canary Islands or Egypt :)

To fly between Kalmar (my hometown in south east Sweden) and Rhodes takes about 3 - 3½hrs.

I understand that the U.S is big, but I think that I still would be curious about different countries if I would be living there.

On the other hand I "collect" countries/Islands. :)

Your questions and interests are fair.

Personally, I do have a passport and I don't leave home without it. I do enjoy travelling the world and experiencing different foods and cultures.

Having said that, I can experience different foods, cultures, and languages and never leave the US.

Take a Southie from south Boston and a Cajun from Louisiana,,, they both speak English but would have a difficult time communicating with one another.

Take a city person from Los Angeles and put then in the rural countryside of southern Missouri,,,, you've just experienced severe culture shock.

Take a person from El Paso Texas and feed them in northern Minnisota,,,,,,,, food they have never considered in their life.

I can travel all over the US, languages are spoken differently, dress/religions/homes/cars can all be different, and the same foods will have different recipes or the foods can be totally different. Whale in Alaska to frog legs in Arkansas.

The average person who thinks they still don't need a passport to take a cruise outside of the US is not someone who did their due diligence and found that to be the best option. Some people do the math and believe they come out on top by not getting one, but most just think they can save $110 per passenger and that it will all work out fine if something happens.

As for why other Americans don't get passports, the truth is that flying outside of the US is very expensive. When we lived in Europe we went somewhere almost every month. The cost for flights, hotel and food for 3 people could easily be less than $500 for the whole weekend. I can't get even one of my kids on an international flight outside of the US for that.