Reporting Semi-Live from NCL Gem 5-23-15

seadog67

Great reports. I am really enjoying them. We will be on te Gem again in a couple of weeks.

However, can you really enjoy your cruise with all this minute by minute updating? Don't get me wrong, we enjoy it, but certainly nothing I would enjoy by staying glued to CC.

Great reports. I am really enjoying them. We will be on te Gem again in a couple of weeks.

However, can you really enjoy your cruise with all this minute by minute updating? Don't get me wrong, we enjoy it, but certainly nothing I would enjoy by staying glued to CC.

Glad you enjoy it. Tapatalk is easy and less than a minute to upload a post. Like now sitting on the bus i can uplaod two or three activities. Whats funny if you look nowadays 90 % of people are glued to their phones lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you enjoy it. Tapatalk is easy and less than a minute to upload a post. Like now sitting on the bus i can uplaod two or three activities. Whats funny if you look nowadays 90 % of people are glued to their phones lol.

O.K. Interesting!

Welcome to the Sunshine State! I bet it is more than 79 today though at the beach. My thermostat is showing 99 here in Ocala, about an hour north of Orlando.

Thanks for sharing your vacation, I am headed out in twelve days on the Getaway.

Please have a safe and enjoyable time on the rest of your trip!

Welcome to the Sunshine State! I bet it is more than 79 today though at the beach. My thermostat is showing 99 here in Ocala, about an hour north of Orlando.

Thanks for sharing your vacation, I am headed out in twelve days on the Getaway.

Please have a safe and enjoyable time on the rest of your trip!

Thanks vicocala! Yes it was much hotter but thankfully a nice breeze.

Love the breakaway so im sure the getaway is great as well. Enjoy your trip as well!

Thanks vicocala! Yes it was much hotter but thankfully a nice breeze.

Love the breakaway so im sure the getaway is great as well. Enjoy your trip as well!

Just an fyi....hot here in Jersey too ;)

My son is going to loooooove Cocoa Beach!

Thanks for the photos and video seadog67.

What bus did you take to get to Ron Jon's and the beach?

Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Best part is Great Stirrup Cay tmrw.

Happy Sailing!

~Robin

My son is going to loooooove Cocoa Beach!

Thanks for the photos and video seadog67.

What bus did you take to get to Ron Jon's and the beach?

Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Best part is Great Stirrup Cay tmrw.

Happy Sailing!

~Robin

We signed up for the ships transfer. It is $12 per person, (I will double check that for you) and takes you to cocoa beach surf shop right next to ron jon's and two blocks from the beach. The small 30 person buses run every 20 mins to and from the ship. You can get cabs maybe cheaper, but then have to hail on for the ride back.

They also have buses that take you further to cocoa beach mall but we never did that.

Thanks so much. No need to check. I see it as an excursion for our trip.

Perfect!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise! Looking forward to more of your report :)

~Robin

Great! You guys will have a blast. Just thinking back to all our trips to this stop and looking over the excursion form, we did the following excursions at one time or another:

Cocoa transfer multiple time and is 5 stars as it is convenient and timely.

Kennedy Space Center-2 separate times and worth it if you have even a tiny interest in nasa or our space program and what it achieved. 5 stars

Disney Magic Kingdom - did this last trip on quantum and arrived at Disney by 9 am the gem does not arrive in port until 12 noon so note you get there later and leave later on the gem. We had a total of 8 hour plus the 45-1 hour ride back and accomplished a good bit in 1 park only. Worth it in our mind but might not be the best bang for your buck as excursions go but not terrible and offers a full day off the boat. 4 stars just due to the travel time to and from reduces actual time at the park.

Next trip, not planned yet on this route we want to try the airboat excursion.

Great! You guys will have a blast. Just thinking back to all our trips to this stop and looking over the excursion form, we did the following excursions at one time or another:

Cocoa transfer multiple time and is 5 stars as it is convenient and timely.

Kennedy Space Center-2 separate times and worth it if you have even a tiny interest in nasa or our space program and what it achieved. 5 stars

Disney Magic Kingdom - did this last trip on quantum and arrived at Disney by 9 am the gem does not arrive in port until 12 noon so note you get there later and leave later on the gem. We had a total of 8 hour plus the 45-1 hour ride back and accomplished a good bit in 1 park only. Worth it in our mind but might not be the best bang for your buck as excursions go but not terrible and offers a full day off the boat. 4 stars just due to the travel time to and from reduces actual time at the park.

Next trip, not planned yet on this route we want to try the airboat excursion.

Thanks for the info!

Teppanyaki photos look really good :)

Enjoy!!