Reporting Semi-Live from NCL Gem 5-23-15

seadog67

Still enjoying your cruise with you ;) Glad Cagneys breakfast has been good. I always look forward to it! Have you done lunch there? Curious if menu has changed for lunch...

Still enjoying your cruise with you ;) Glad Cagneys breakfast has been good. I always look forward to it! Have you done lunch there? Curious if menu has changed for lunch...

Thanks jaja! We lunched there on embarkation day. I failed to get a picture then, I will the next time, but I believe it is still the same menu from last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks jaja! We lunched there on embarkation day. I failed to get a picture then, I will the next time, but I believe it is still the same menu from last year.

Thanks :D. Hope your new butler will be a winner! Just curious..is Pablo your steward..? He is so good!

Recently discovered tip:

When on balcony close door over and put handle down by reaching inside and door will not slide around,

273c7fdc2c06e91ed8ff5b4f919c8193.jpg

I get mesmerized by the strangest things. It seems like the wake of the ship is trying to catch up to us:

https://vimeo.com/128785671

Thanks :D. Hope your new butler will be a winner! Just curious..is Pablo your steward..? He is so good!

Our steward is Jorge and he is leaving shortly, he has been very good, and unobtrusive getting in and out when we are out.

Thanks for posting. The food looks great.

Looking forward to seeing your day at Cocoa Beach and Ron Jon Surf Shop. We will be doing this itin. in November on Breakaway.

Enjoy your day!!!

~Robin

Thanks Robin! It looks to be a beautiful day, and with hopeful cell service look for pics and updates as they happen! Thanks for following along!

Loving your review and pictures! I am considering booking this cruise for next summer. Can't wait to read the rest!

Thanks Rocklinmom! You should book it! We only live once! Unless you beleive in reincarnation that is :) lol

Thanks for following along!

Thanks seadog for doing a live post I will be back everyday to see what you have posted this will get me ready for july 18 that is when we will be on the gem.

Great balcony bum glad ur liking it! Hope you have a great cruise in July!

I could watch 20 more minutes of that! :D

No doubt Kreativ' date=' it is awesome!

Land hoooo

[img']http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/25/5993142d36bfa763e9a491e1e3b7b852.jpg[/img]

Bloody mary

521956c648b8a93a692a187ab2e72abc.jpg

Damn good and way cheaper than the lackluster bloody mary we received on Quantum that cost $12 bucks! Outrageous to say the least. Much more reasonable and better presentation here on NCL

26442aadb5d8b0465c806d60876ef322.jpg

I just want to add that I came off the gem on 5/9 and love reliving it with you. Great pictures and review.

Great 1sMudslide! Hope u had a great cruise!

No doubt Kreativ, it is awesome!

Land hoooo

5993142d36bfa763e9a491e1e3b7b852.jpg

Bloody mary

521956c648b8a93a692a187ab2e72abc.jpg

Damn good and way cheaper than the lackluster bloody mary we received on Quantum that cost $12 bucks! Outrageous to say the least. Much more reasonable and better presentation here on NCL

26442aadb5d8b0465c806d60876ef322.jpg

Love the bloody mary...but...I think you were overcharged...:confused: morning special is $5.25ish !!!!

Love the bloody mary...but...I think you were overcharged...:confused: morning special is $5.25ish !!!!

We have the drink package so that might explain it since we do not have to pay? Not sure.

Seadog67 - tracking the ship on live webcam, it's always nice to see land. The lines moved very quickly for the BA using the new terminal, with a 3rd. line for crews leaving the ship for vacation/end of contract. These live photo updates are excellent - turn that into a slideshow & post that on Youtube, it's going to be very popular.

P.S. You should have a solid AT&T 4G LTE signal by now, if not earlier sailing into the channel. If not, move around the outdoors - the nearest cell tower isn't exactly across the highway.

mking' date=' how did you do that - was it complimentary?[/quote'] It was unusual, special deal - mentioned in my 2011 Jewel review, long story short & not to go off-topic for Seadog67, booked & checked in OV GTY category, NCL assigned us accessible cabin last minute, so already happily surprised with extra bonus space for 2 of us on that sailing (a total of 3 cabins.) All was fine until HD called us on day 2, explained if we mind exchanging as someone else badly needed ours for accessibility reason. We obliged without asking any more questions knowing that we moved up a deck to midship balcony (she came herself w. new keys to help us moved our luggage just before dinnertime as her team were busy elsewhere) Our recent BA balcony was, however, a free upgrade from OV GTY - still scratching my head on that one.

Seadog67 - tracking the ship on live webcam, it's always nice to see land. The lines moved very quickly for the BA using the new terminal, with a 3rd. line for crews leaving the ship for vacation/end of contract. These live photo updates are excellent - turn that into a slideshow & post that on Youtube, it's going to be very popular.

P.S. You should have a solid AT&T 4G LTE signal by now, if not earlier sailing into the channel. If not, move around the outdoors - the nearest cell tower isn't exactly across the highway.

Thanks Mk we did get lte about an hour ago!