All Things Ovation of the Seas!

Check the webcam here

http://player.livespotting.tv/?p=hotel-hamburg.de&te=default2&th=default2&pl=syndication&ratio=16:9&pla=default&tbar=false&ch=LS_000000000034

I can´t see nothing compared to Felicia on the Quantum, see here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2783442/Quantum-Seas-undergoes-final-touches-maiden-voyage-New-York.html

The brown structure is the rock climbing wall. The animal must be to the right of it but prior to the first structure on the top level of the Seaplex.

steamboats

Yeah you are right..My bad... thought that thing looked like an animal that has 2 hands. Ooops. Maybe they will put it on the last day before she is due to leave for her first port. Keeping the animal a surprise i belive

I agree - can't fathom the fascination with the animal either!

I also agree.

Gigi was the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a cruise ship, and I've seen flip flops in the MDR!

I agree - can't fathom the fascination with the animal either!

As far as formal goes - on Anthem in October we dressed up for The Grand (at least 3 nights on a 14 night cruise) plus there were 'dress your best' nights which also meant a dress up! We like to make an effort and it seemed that many others did as well given the number of DJ's in The Grand

So many people kicked up about no formal nights, that rci did the "PC" dress your best night. We were on last may and last October 😊

I also agree.

Gigi was the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a cruise ship, and I've seen flip flops in the MDR!

Ha ha! Spend the money on something which is either beautiful or useful I say - unfortunately the animal, whatever it is, is neither.

Anybody have any information on who is to be Ovation's Godmother?:rolleyes:

When is her naming ceremony going to be?:confused:

Only 8 days to her 1st paying passengers board & still we are getting very little information.:confused:

I saw a reply by Vicky Freed on Twitter stating the naming ceremony will be on June 24th (in Tianjin). Looking at the schedule there´s a gap between June 24th and 28th. So I assume there are two "pre inaugurals" (each 2 nights) for Chinese media and travel agents. Nothing about the Godmother.

steamboats

According to Blohm + Voss the Ovation will leave Hamburg tomorrow "morning" at 3 am for Bremerhaven. The hand over is still scheduled for Friday. The Ovation is leaving Bremerhaven for Southampton on Saturday.

steamboats

I saw a reply by Vicky Freed on Twitter stating the naming ceremony will be on June 24th (in Tianjin). Looking at the schedule there´s a gap between June 24th and 28th. So I assume there are two "pre inaugurals" (each 2 nights) for Chinese media and travel agents. Nothing about the Godmother.

steamboats

Who's Vicky Freed ?

Only 8 days to her 1st paying passengers board & still we are getting very little information.:confused:

steamboats

There is also a 'gap' between 29th April and 3rd May. I wonder what that is for?

OK, she arrives in Southampton on the 10th & her departure is on the 14th for her ferry crossing, any ideas as to what will be happening inbetween?

Will it be VIP's & travel agents just to look around her? Anthem had a couple of 3 day cruises one for the TA's & VIP's.

OK, she arrives in Southampton on the 10th & her departure is on the 14th for her ferry crossing, any ideas as to what will be happening inbetween?

Will it be VIP's & travel agents just to look around her? Anthem had a couple of 3 day cruises one for the TA's & VIP's.

On April 11, there will be a number of TAs and VIPs on board. I'm seeing posts on Twitter about how excited they are. Search #ovationoftheseas and you'll find 'em. :)

Below are a couple of fun photos - Windjammer and Genies! Note the Chinese characters on the Windjammer sign.

12961619_1154756131215125_7181966014566392107_n_zpsqzrfve7a.jpg

CfXbOR7WIAAyhO7_zps9e6an97c.jpg

Between the 10th and 14th there are day guests,travel agents,critics etc. At the same time Ovation will be stocking up for her Official Inaugural Cruise 14th to 17th These lucky ones on this cruise will get to sample all the facilities for the first time and be the first to sleep in most of the cabins. They will also get freebies,see special guest bands/entertainers,christen all the bars....:)

Between the 10th and 14th there are day guests,travel agents,critics etc. At the same time Ovation will be stocking up for her Official Inaugural Cruise 14th to 17th These lucky ones on this cruise will get to sample all the facilities for the first time and be the first to sleep in most of the cabins. They will also get freebies,see special guest bands/entertainers,christen all the bars....:)

LOL :D I spent 16 nights on Anthem & it still wasn't enough time to get to see everything, we were still ironing out some bugs, our wall mirror had a terrible squeak where it was chaffing against a protrusion, (soon sorted with cotton buds but we did tell guest services) our doors onto the balcony also had some interesting noises of their own. Don't forget the puzzle room, dodgems, ifly, north star..............you just won't have any time to sleep so the little squeaks & rattles wont bother you. Enjoy & please report back here on how absolutely fabulous she is. :D

LOL :D I spent 16 nights on Anthem & it still wasn't enough time to get to see everything, we were still ironing out some bugs, our wall mirror had a terrible squeak where it was chaffing against a protrusion, (soon sorted with cotton buds but we did tell guest services) our doors onto the balcony also had some interesting noises of their own. Don't forget the puzzle room, dodgems, ifly, north star..............you just won't have any time to sleep so the little squeaks & rattles wont bother you. Enjoy & please report back here on how absolutely fabulous she is. :D

16 nights,nice. We did the 13 night Canaries on Anthem last Oct and loved her.I'm guessing Ovation will be very similar maybe just different decor.As we are only on board 3 nights at least we will know our way around as the layout should be the same as Anthem :)

What is a "dodgems"?

What is a "dodgems"?

It is what we in the UK call "Bumper cars!"

We used to call them "Bumper cars" but the Theme park / Fairground owners got fed up of their liability premiums rising year on year, so "Dodgems" seemed to circumnavigate (forgive the pun) the problem. :)