Dawn at Kings Wharf?

Anyone know why the Dawn is docked at Kings Wharf and Grandeur of the Seas is at Heritage in Bermuda?

The Norwegian Dawn is scheduked to dock at Kings Wharf for the duration of the cruse season and I think it is due to the Liberity of the Seas. I can not confirm but I think the Liberity of the Seas is too large to dock at Kings Wharf so they just put the Norwegian Dawn at Kings Wharf every each week.

Why? Does it make a difference?:confused:

One major one I can think of... Kings Wharf has the advantage of the train trolly going right up to the ship. Folks that have a harder time walking have to travel a much farther distance to walk to get to cabs, the trolly and such.

Dawn at Kings Wharf makes my in-laws happy.

One major one I can think of... Kings Wharf has the advantage of the train trolly going right up to the ship. Folks that have a harder time walking have to travel a much farther distance to walk to get to cabs, the trolly and such.

Dawn at Kings Wharf makes my in-laws happy.

I just purposely viewed the cam. Kings wharf is clearly more convenient to things.

Dawn has been at kings wharf for a few years now, correct? I was docked there last year.

The Norwegian Dawn started the Bermuda itin years ago using Kings Wharf and switched to Heritage Wharf when Heritage Wharf was built. If I remember correctly, Heritage Wharf was completed in 2009 so this would mark the first time that Norwegian has returned to Kings Wharf on a consistent basis.

I just purposely viewed the cam. Kings wharf is clearly more convenient to things.

Actually not, based on where the gangways are positioned, which is where the customs house for the two wharves are located. The Heritage Wharf customs house is actually a little closer to the center roadway that leads to the ferry terminal, bus stop and the rest of the Dockyard, so it's a slightly shorter walk...based on my perceptions having been docked at both many times.

Dawn has been at kings wharf for a few years now, correct? I was docked there last year.

No. NCL incorrectly listed its dock as Kings Wharf in its brochures and on its website for many years When its ships were actually docking at Heritage Wharf. It only recently changed everything to the more generic Royal Naval Dockyard, at which both Kings Wharf and Heritage Wharf are located.

Aside from distance to/from trolley, does anyone find one dock more preferable than the other?

Kings Wharf has had one advantage since last year, it's not near the old ferry that's was converted into a pirate-themed bar that blasts loud music at all hours. Unfortunately that joint is very close to Heritage Wharf.

Otherwise...no...it hardly matters.