Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

That is nice, and the place makes it more special. I can feel the love from here.;)

I was referring to the love heart decorations on the table or are they just advertising a drink or something.

Oh yeah , it was an advertisement for pink champagne .

After lunch it was time for some exploring the narrow streets

4b7c62f5-d7c2-49c3-ac7c-a13c8dceb3a4_zpsbdhaytu0.jpg

and stairways

IMG_7558_zpstovnlt9m.jpg

a stop at the graveyard

IMG_7559_zpsrnbhlhai.jpg

and finally , into the monastery

IMG_7590_zpsnzz9gdvo.jpg

a stone spiral staircase

L1120124_zpspd9m4emm.jpg

and in the courtyard it began to rain .

IMG_7602_zpstjbkwjue.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

We were at the highest point (excluding the steeple ) now , and the view was breathtaking . This is facing the causeway and distant car park .

IMG_7570_zpsxjbjwxc2.jpg

While looking on the internet the other day , I found this description , by Rick Steves , that encapsulates the Mt. St. Micheal experience .

https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/read/articles/mont-st-michel

the view on the back side was even better

IMG_7620_zpsueg3gdvh.jpg

the specs on the mudflats are people

IMG_7579_zpsogklgb0t.jpg

One group coming and one going

IMG_5321_zpsbhxxahbm.jpg

closer now

IMG_5335_zpss980l0fb.jpg

and a distant group and island .

IMG_5336_zpsoco1rmp5.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

I have really enjoyed your review! Your photos are beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with so many of us!!!

I do have one small question...was that omelet cooked all the way through? I was hoping it was cheese oozing out around the edges, but when I watched the video you suggested, it looked as if perhaps they don't cook them completely. I will have to try and make them for brunch over a fire, if I can find a pan with a very long handle!

I have really enjoyed your review! Your photos are beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with so many of us!!!

I do have one small question...was that omelet cooked all the way through? I was hoping it was cheese oozing out around the edges, but when I watched the video you suggested, it looked as if perhaps they don't cook them completely. I will have to try and make them for brunch over a fire, if I can find a pan with a very long handle!

Thank you Lynne , we're glad that you are enjoying it . No , the omelet was not cooked all the way through . We didn't know that when I ordered it , thinking that it was a savory foam or mousse . I didn't realize that the omelet was half baked until I saw the video , and I wanted other people to be aware of that fact .

The scenery is so breathtakingly beautiful. It is a real contrast for when the tide is in and out.

We really wished that we could see the tide moving in and a high tide . Perhaps a stay in the future to catch the full cycle , and see it with fewer people there . :) :D

In the shadow of the steeple we were making a decision

IMG_5330_zpsqxsgrkts.jpg

Should we go out on to the mudflats and follow the young people ?

IMG_5339_zpswhjgihmg.jpg

It was quite windy and this gull was making no headway into the wind .

IMG_5323_zpsojmr6njn.jpg

We were both beginning to get sick with congestion and sore throats . We didn't think that wading in mud and cold would be the best thing , so we headed back .

This was our goodbye shot before boarding the bus . The mud to the right was drying , and it now looked like people could walk on it .

IMG_7643_zps2bvlzxzg.jpg

After meeting up with Jaime , we began the long ride back .

Seeing this farm road we asked him to stop . We really wanted to cross the fence and gate to shoot across the field with the sheep in the pasture . But we stopped at the gate and shot away .

IMG_5351_zpszmomgrzb.jpg

The pictures are wonderful.....and this is absolutely on the "bucket list" now.....I had no idea....just beautiful.....:)

Thanks Gracie . It definitely exceeded our expectations , and the nice weather helped . It had rained on both of our previous trips to France , so sunny was a real blessing . :) :D

The pictures are wonderful.....and this is absolutely on the "bucket list" now.....I had no idea....just beautiful.....:)

You are right about that. I have been to the one in England but it's not as beautiful as this. Awesome! We has a couple of showers in Paris plus we were the reason the ship was late leaving France. Our bus broke down right in the middle of Paris and we had to wait hour for another bus to come down and get us. Thank goodness it was a Celebrity tour.

I starved in Paris...unbelievable but true.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You are right about that. I have been to the one in England but it's not as beautiful as this. Awesome! We has a couple of showers in Paris plus we were the reason the ship was late leaving France. Our bus broke down right in the middle of Paris and we had to wait hour for another bus to come down and get us. Thank goodness it was a Celebrity tour.

I starved in Paris...unbelievable but true.

Denise

Sacra Bleu.:p

Sacra Bleu.[emoji14]

My own fault for not paying for the tour with food and being too cheap to buy the 8€ hotdog at the Eiffel tower.

Denise

My own fault for not paying for the tour with food and being too cheap to buy the 8€ hotdog at the Eiffel tower.

Denise

8Euro for a hot dog!!!:eek: I wouldn't either!!! Although I DID pay 6 at the Eiffel Tower for a gelato a few days after the cruise.....but then it WAS gelato....:D

8Euro for a hot dog!!!:eek: I wouldn't either!!! Although I DID pay 6 at the Eiffel Tower for a gelato a few days after the cruise.....but then it WAS gelato....:D

Good point! [emoji509]