Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

I got a new point and shoot to take along too and I think it even has a food setting. LOL. I'll give it a try.

We found the smaller camera much easier to carry and use when dining , and less obtrusive to our fellow dinners . How about a trial run at home ? :) :D

We found the smaller camera much easier to carry and use when dining , and less obtrusive to our fellow dinners . How about a trial run at home ? :) :D

I have played with it a bit but only got it about 2 weeks ago and time is slipping away fast. I should test it today.

Love the last set of shots. So bright and cheery!

We loved walking through this area and photographing it !

IMG_7703_zpsrkqfzee8.jpg

IMG_7700_zpsbpxsxaao.jpg

IMG_7695_zpsshpgnk7s.jpg

IMG_7687_zpsuh1nwjia.jpg

We think that this is the city hall and it's flowers

IMG_7688-001_zpsonv246la.jpg

IMG_7691_zpskinfk5du.jpg

I love these photos. What a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing.

The tulip or running man setting should work . Or on the SCN there may be a specific food setting . ;)

Cheers, I will check it out.

BTW, those pics of the (Disney:p) village and flowers, etc, are glorious.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

But that's how an omelette should be cooked. It looked quite excellent. And how I would expect in France! Cooked through ends up like shoe leather?

La Mere Poulard has been famous for years, I can remember back in the 1980s.......

Froxfield,

Thank you for pointing this out. You are so right. An omelette has to be "baveux"!:rolleyes::D

I really enjoyed the pictures of Mont Saint Michel, as they brought back:some long forgotten memories. I was there a very long time ago, when I was 14. I think perhaps I'd appreciate it a lot more than I did all those years ago.

The route you took going back to the ship was like an extra bonus tour. Your tour guide did a great job!

The route you took going back to the ship was like an extra bonus tour. Your tour guide did a great job!

Yes he did and WHEN we do this port I will be emailing and asking for his name.....I would do the exact tour you did.....what a wonderful day it must have been..... I am not sorry we went to Normandy, as that was a special day for us...but this would have been equally as good....

Yes he did and WHEN we do this port I will be emailing and asking for his name.....I would do the exact tour you did.....what a wonderful day it must have been..... I am not sorry we went to Normandy, as that was a special day for us...but this would have been equally as good....

We enjoyed all of our small group tours , Azores , Lisbon , MSM and London . The guides all did a great job and the blend of city and country really worked well . We had really wanted to walk out on the mudflats at MSM , but leaving early turned out to be the best thing , because of our guide's knowledge and ability to adapt the tour on the go . If we ever return , we will probably go to the Normandy beaches . :) :D

I really enjoyed the pictures of Mont Saint Michel, as they brought back:some long forgotten memories. I was there a very long time ago, when I was 14. I think perhaps I'd appreciate it a lot more than I did all those years ago.

Thanks Nancy , it must have been great to have gone to Europe at such a young age ! Pat went to London in her senior year of high school , but I didn't get to go until I was a senior citizen ! But , as you said , we did appreciate it more as a mature adults . :) :D

Froxfield,

Thank you for pointing this out. You are so right. An omelette has to be "baveux"!:rolleyes::D

Sorry Froxfield and Tangocherie, but this palate did not appreciate the "baveux" style. It maybe a "must see" and classic french cuisine, but I agree with Mic and prefer it a little more cooked. The atmosphere and service was good. Had I read TripAdvisor, I would not have ordered the omelette or maybe chosen a different restaurant. (500 out of 1500 actually rated it as horrible and it is rated overall #19 on the list) I would not say it was horrible, but 2 1/2 or 3 Star. It was also $$$$ - which we knew walking in the door. We did not check ratings because we were not sure where we were going to stop, so we left it up to the guide and we appreciate his recommendation. We had seen this on a travel show and considered it a "Dining Experience" - and it was. Just not crazy about the omelette . :) :D

I am transfixed by your photos, they just get better and better. I can hardly wait for the next morning to see your next installment.

Awesome Job!!:D:D

Thanks Lynne we appreciate that ! I'm uploading and editing some photos now , and we're trying to think of a good finish for our cruise segment . The Deauville photos are going to be hard to top because it was so pretty , but we've got photos that I haven't seen yet because I tend to edit when we are writing ;)

THANK YOU for your wonderful pictures and time spent posting. I am always searching for pictorial reviews exactly like yours. BRAVO!!!!

You're welcome , we're happy to share . It's great to see that the pictorial reviews have caught on . We also have a number of other pictorial reviews to anyone interested including : South America , Cruising the Caribbean ( on the Caribbean Princess ) , Norway and Northern Europe , and Russia ( St. Petersburg and Moscow ) . If you look at the bottom of the page , in large green letters you see , Pictorial reviews on Cruise Critic . Just click on the red underlined link , beneath the green heading , and through the magic of Cruise Critic , away we go ! ;)

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Scuba cruiser,

You may not have seen my question. What was your itinerary? The places you visited look like something we would be interested. And your pictures are outstanding.

Yes I did and I replied on page 40 , post # 791 . Here's a copy of the itinerary :

DSC02206-001_zpsvcyvdrxf.jpg

Returning to the ship after our longest day tour we finished our packing and headed down to the MDR to say our goodbyes . Our table mates were not there , so we ordered our last supper on the Eclipse . We had a table for two which placed us next to the window , but with 6 " between tables , we felt like we had table mates . I'm think that this was our dinner that evening , but I'm not sure . But I'm pretty sure that I haven't posted these pictures yet , and if I did - please enjoy your reruns .

L1110683_zpsihxw66on.jpg

We loved that Escargot and French Onion Soup was available every night in the MDR .

L1110685_zpsiyhsvmte.jpg

Greek salad

L1110684_zpsomsc8n0f.jpg

Veal shank

L1110688_zps1f57t1hl.jpg

We really hated to say goodbye to our servers , because the greeted us with a big smile and had great service . But it was time to go . :(

Down by the fountain at the pool , you can see and hear how windy it was while still in port .