Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

The pink fruit is a Pitaya also called a Dragon fruit.

Yes, that's it ! Funny , when I looked it up online I recognized the flower . My mom has some growing in her yard - a beautiful flower , but we never dreamed that the fruit was edible - until we ate it in Moscow . Thank you for recognising it and sharing it with us . :) :D

Thanks Jackie , time for a quick post before I head out this morning.

Thank you , Issyalex surgery was successful for Perforated Diverticulitis . We hope and pray that the antibiotics will work and that the healing will be quick and complete.

So glad to hear that Pats surgery went well. Just make sure she takes it easy and your spoiling her. :D

Thanks Jackie , time for a quick post before I head out this morning.

Thank you , Issyalex surgery was successful for Perforated Diverticulitis . We hope and pray that the antibiotics will work and that the healing will be quick and complete.

So glad to hear that Pats surgery went well. Just make sure she takes it easy and your spoiling her. :D

I'm trying to , but unlike a cruise on the Eclipse where food abounds and what or where you eat is a choice , she is not allowed to eat or drink at this time . :eek: Unfortunately it's a medical necessity , but it's been 5 days without food or drink for her . :(

After meeting our guide Alina , we checked out of the hotel and headed toward the Kremlin . We don't have Lilac here in Florida and Pat missed the smell of them in Springtime in Michigan , where she grew up . But now , she misses her water bottle !

IMG_0822_zpsqtowe55s.jpg

Tulips in bloom

IMG_0823_zpsbowttesi.jpg

We then went to the changing of the guard ceremony

IMG_0832_zpsr2m8qq6c.jpg

IMG_0842_zpscy9htuim.jpg

IMG_0835_zpsoxs9izqh.jpg

IMG_0846_zpsph53hxw7.jpg

But it's best seen here in the video clip :

I'm trying to , but unlike a cruise on the Eclipse where food abounds and what or where you eat is a choice , she is not allowed to eat or drink at this time . :eek: Unfortunately it's a medical necessity , but it's been 5 days without food or drink for her . :(

I guess she's still in hospital and getting fluids via an IV infusion? If she's not then make sure she sucks on ice regularly.

I guess she's still in hospital and getting fluids via an IV infusion? If she's not then make sure she sucks on ice regularly.

Yes I.V.'s , antibiotics and lots of pain meds . We are hoping to remove the NG tube soon so she can begin drinking and eating . Now that would be great !!

I am glad that Pat is on the mend again.

The photos are great, love the UFO / Chandelier reflection.;)

Thanks Mic , let us know if you are starting a thread or posting photos of you trip , Ok ?

After the guard has changed , the new guard stands at his post for 1 hour . I don't think that he wanted his photo taken .

IMG_0864_zpslpc6qakc.jpg

He is then inspected by an adjutant

IMG_0871_zpsqbr6jyfd.jpg

After the inspection , he returns to his post . We did not see any women standing guard .

IMG_0873_zpsqy1nsp8g.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Yes I.V.'s , antibiotics and lots of pain meds . We are hoping to remove the NG tube soon so she can begin drinking and eating . Now that would be great.

If the NG tube was a feeding tube I used to put down a wee cup of tea/coffee if the patient wanted a cuppa. :D

I got behind again!

Boy it sounds like Pat has been having a rough year. I hope she is on the mend.

The buildings are so beautiful. You don't see stuff like that in Ohio. :D

No worries Jen , us too , and it's great to hear from you . We don't see that kind of architecture , or art here in Florida either . That's some of the reasons that we enjoy visiting there . We've got a visit to Red Square and the Kremlin Armory coming up next . :) :D

Yes I.V.'s , antibiotics and lots of pain meds . We are hoping to remove the NG tube soon so she can begin drinking and eating . Now that would be great.

If the NG tube was a feeding tube I used to put down a wee cup of tea/coffee if the patient wanted a cuppa. :D

Great minds think alike ! She asked me to have a cup for her , which I'm now enjoying before heading back to see her again . The surgeon wants to keep the tube in place still , but he did allow her some cough drops with honey to suck on , but still no liquids . She did look, and sound much better today when I left her , and her sore throat from the NG was better after the cough drop . ;)

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Yes I.V.'s , antibiotics and lots of pain meds . We are hoping to remove the NG tube soon so she can begin drinking and eating . Now that would be great !!

Thanks Mic , let us know if you are starting a thread or posting photos of you trip , Ok ?

Hope Pat feels better soon. If I start a thread, I will post a link here. I have been so busy since returning, I haven't even had time to do a review of my photos as yet.

Walking along the Alexander Gardens toward the Armory , we made a few photo stops . The first is the Ruins Grotto .

IMG_0830_zpsytu1uhvx.jpg

When Napoleon invaded Russia in 1812 , his goal was to take Moscow with the hope of Russia surrendering . The Russians adopted a scorched earth policy while retreating toward Moscow and eventually evacuated and set Moscow on fire , leaving nothing for Napoleon . This grotto is a memorial built with rubble from the fire .

IMG_0827_zps58wgkg1e.jpg

An obelisk erected in 1914 celebrating the 300th year of the Romanov dynasty .

IMG_0818_zpsjoomh9gi.jpg

This plaque shows the Kazan Cathedral in St. Petersburg on the left and the Cathedral of Christ the Redeemer , in Moscow on the right . Stalin later blew up this Cathedral .

IMG_0816_zpsi6drsdkq.jpg

And finally , a statute of Tsar Alexander I who fought Napoleon , and had the gardens here named after him . This statue was erected and dedicated by President Putin in 2014 .

Thank you from Pat and I for your good wishes and prayers . Pat's NG tube was removed and she can now have ice chips . Last night she was moved from the ICU , where this photo was taken yesterday, to a private room . I hope to post photos of , and share a funny story about our visit to the Kremlin Armory , later this afternoon . :) :)

d61f4171-23c7-456a-90af-ea250b34299d_zpsqzwulvub.jpg

Thank you from Pat and I for your good wishes and prayers . Pat's NG tube was removed and she can now have ice chips . Last night she was moved from the ICU , where this photo was taken yesterday, to a private room . I hope to post photos of , and share a funny story about our visit to the Kremlin Armory , later this afternoon . :) :)

d61f4171-23c7-456a-90af-ea250b34299d_zpsqzwulvub.jpg

Great to see and hear that she is recovering well.:D

So glad that Pat is out of ICU.

Thanks Jackie , us too !! :) :)

Great to see and hear that she is recovering well.:D

And she got an upgrade , a clear liquid diet !!! Now that outta get things moving :) :D We were kinda busy today , so I'll post the Armory photos and story in the morning , OK ? ;)

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Thanks Jackie , us too !! :) :)

And she got an upgrade , a clear liquid diet !!! Now that outta get things moving :) :D We were kinda busy today , so I'll post the Armory photos and story in the morning , OK ? ;)

Certainly, take as long as you and Pat need.:D