Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

Sounds like the two of you should climb the ladder very quickly and laundry won't be an issue for long! Would love to see you again soon.

Pat just told me that we are select , beginning with this cruise . Our final payment will be due on the June cruise when we return in early March , which is the cruise that we will replace with the Harmony , if we go in July . The cruises from Dublin on May 10th and 20th , 2018 and Antarctica January 20th , 2019 , are still scheduled as planned .

We hate to cancel cruises but we see the Harmony as a replacement for the Eclipse .

Pat just told me that we are select , beginning with this cruise . Our final payment will be due on the June cruise when we return in early March , which is the cruise that we will replace with the Harmony , if we go in July . The cruises from Dublin on May 10th and 20th , 2018 and Antarctica January 20th , 2019 , are still scheduled as planned .

We hate to cancel cruises but we see the Harmony as a replacement for the Eclipse .

Wish you would join us on the Eclipse TA next April and the Ireland/Iceland cruise which follows on April 30..sounds like you will board her as we depart!!!:(

We are doing TA on the Reflection leaving Miami ending in Rome. Nothing as adventurous as the two of you. Leaving Sunday after Easter and retuning mid May.

We would love to see you and will contact you when we go up to visit my mom again . :cool:

Wish you would join us on the Eclipse TA next April and the Ireland/Iceland cruise which follows on April 30..sounds like you will board her as we depart!!!:(

We would love to do the TA and cruise to Iceland and Ireland with you . But unfortunately we would not be able to do the cruise to Norway , which we really want to do also . I think that it only goes once , on May 20th , thus we booked Iceland and Ireland on the 10th , the day that you disembark . We would love to cruise with you again , hopefully soon , how about Antartica January 20th , 2019 on the Eclipse ?

:cool:

We are doing TA on the Reflection leaving Miami ending in Rome. Nothing as adventurous as the two of you. Leaving Sunday after Easter and retuning mid May.

That sounds like a great trip ! We hope to head up your way before then , if not , we hope that you will have a terrific and enjoyable cruise. We didn't have enough folks for a chef's table this trip , but we did have a nice dinner in Murando last night .

We would love to do the TA and cruise to Iceland and Ireland with you . But unfortunately we would not be able to do the cruise to Norway , which we really want to do also . I think that it only goes once , on May 20th , thus we booked Iceland and Ireland on the 10th , the day that you disembark . We would love to cruise with you again , hopefully soon , how about Antartica January 20th , 2019 on the Eclipse ?

:cool:

While we DO intend to do a South America cruise in early 2019 we want to do one that will enable us to include a land portion to Machu Picchu....not sure if the Eclipse trip would work....but I'll have a look!!!

In the meantime we'll keep Eclipse in good shape for you before your Iceland trip next May!:)

While we DO intend to do a South America cruise in early 2019 we want to do one that will enable us to include a land portion to Machu Picchu....not sure if the Eclipse trip would work....but I'll have a look!!!

In the meantime we'll keep Eclipse in good shape for you before your Iceland trip next May!:)

When we last visited SA , we booked our post cruise stay on our own without the ship's help .There are also a number of independent companies which can set up a tour to Machu Picchu or Iguazu Falls if The cruise line doesn't offer it . We would like to return to Patagonia , maybe pre cruise if we have the chance .

We thank you for taking good care of the Eclipse ! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Bit late to the party but thank you so much for the excellent review and photos. We had our second visit to SPB last July and went to the Faberge Museum - they now allow photos. So much preferred it to the Hermitage which I could happily miss. And thank you for your most recent review - we are sailing the exact same cruise on Sunday so your photos and suggestions have been so helpful.

Wendy

Bit late to the party but thank you so much for the excellent review and photos. We had our second visit to SPB last July and went to the Faberge Museum - they now allow photos. So much preferred it to the Hermitage which I could happily miss. And thank you for your most recent review - we are sailing the exact same cruise on Sunday so your photos and suggestions have been so helpful.

Wendy

Thank you for joining the party Wendy we're glad that you could make it , and thank you for writing in !

We also went to SPB last year on the Eclipse with our grandson in June . We did avoid some of the crowds in the Hermitage ( which is the only part of it that we don't like ) by obtaining an early entrance and moving to the highlights fast . So glad to hear that they allow photos in the Faberge Museum . :cool:

We're happy that you are going to the ABC's but I must admit that I'm a little confused :confused:

Will you be doing a TA also as a B2B ? If so , may I volunteer as a service animal since I already have my own vest ? And I promise to find my own way home . :)

As soon as I started reading this report I realised that I had already read the one with your grandson! Unfortunately no TA - just the 14 nights exotic southern Caribbean. Would love your photography services - mine are dismal in comparison!

As soon as I started reading this report I realised that I had already read the one with your grandson! Unfortunately no TA - just the 14 nights exotic southern Caribbean. Would love your photography services - mine are dismal in comparison!

Have you considered a TA ? They're great , so much nicer to sleep in a east bound cabin bed than and a plane seat . The offer still stands as a service animal , I'll take photos , sleep on the couch and I rarely , if ever bark . ;)

But seriously , we did book another ABC cruise this week on a new HAL ship in October at a much better price !! :) :D

Have you considered a TA ? They're great , so much nicer to sleep in a east bound cabin bed than and a plane seat . The offer still stands as a service animal , I'll take photos , sleep on the couch and I rarely , if ever bark . ;)

But seriously , we did book another ABC cruise this week on a new HAL ship in October at a much better price !! :) :D

Unfortunately I'm a teacher so very restricted to when I can go - I'm lucky to be able to fit this one in! Will be one very tired teacher back at work less than 24 hours after an overnight flight!

Unfortunately I'm a teacher so very restricted to when I can go - I'm lucky to be able to fit this one in! Will be one very tired teacher back at work less than 24 hours after an overnight flight!

Lesson learned (y)

But I would not say unfortunately since I have a debt of gratitude to many fine teachers that I have had . Unless you are a strict grammarian .

We know that you mean it within the context of time constraints and we hope that you have a great time on the cruise and a full and speedy recovery from your flight ! :) :D

Definitely not a strict grammarian! Thank you, I love my job but by the end of term (semester) I am exhausted. I know we will love our cruise.

I can imagine that your job can be quite difficult at times with a room full of students . We had 3 kids and when they were all teens together , it sometimes felt like it was 3 too many .

It's too bad that teachers and people with children have to pay higher prices for their vacations in season . As an example : Our cruise in July with our grandson will cost $1300 p.p. On the same ship , same cabin in early December , the rate is only $ 848 p.p.

Enjoy your cruise but please be careful with the sun , it is quite strong now ! :cool:

SPF 50 all packed! You get used to the high prices and learn to plan - I book cruises a year in advance to get the best rates and flights as soon as I can - the poor exchange rate for using helping though!

We hope that you have a great flight and it should be warm in Miami (30 c or 85 f) with a chance of showers on Sunday . :) :D

SPF 50 all packed! You get used to the high prices and learn to plan - I book cruises a year in advance to get the best rates and flights as soon as I can - the poor exchange rate for us is helping though!

Are you teaching in U.K.?

My grand children in Surrey finished school yesterday, but those in Yorkshire have another week, so I'm not thinking its school Easter holidays yet![emoji85]

Hope you have an enjoyable cruise.[emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hamilton looks lovely, and I had been debating a cruise to Bermuda. Now I know. The town criers were cool and yes, I watched a bunch of videos on them. But who the heck needs Irish linens and blankies in Bermuda? haha, leave it to the limeys, of which my family stock derives, kind sir. Haha