Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

Joe,

Thankfully your photos are still showing.

What is the problem with Photobucket that I have been reading in post #1147 here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1714741&page=58

Photobucket is back and we are back and working . In fact , we began a new photo review :

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2644763 Caribbean Princess photo review 2018 : The suite and sour

0ebfc471-c1fd-4862-af4f-f09811243d5a_zpsdtqnqw2z.jpg

Photobucket is back and we are back and working . In fact , we began a new photo review :

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2644763 Caribbean Princess photo review 2018 : The suite and sour

0ebfc471-c1fd-4862-af4f-f09811243d5a_zpsdtqnqw2z.jpg

WOW! I am SO glad to see you back on line!! Hope all is well, John & I were talking about you & Pat last night....hope you enjoyed your cruise on the Caribbean Princess!!!

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

And so after crossing the Atlantic then what ? We chose to do another Baltic cruise and A Northern Isles cruise B2B in a Neptune suite including Iceland , Norway and Scotland .

DSC06423_zpskkr8uvdm.jpg

DSC06925%202_zpselqbykes.jpg

We saw Whales , Puffins , glaciers ,waterfalls and fjords .

IMG_5266_zpsjuzyd5xi.jpg

IMG_4752_zpsgxqnwide.jpg

And our ship was detained in Germany for hours while sea creatures who looked like this encircled our cruise ship .

IMG_3843_zpsts2w5kyd.jpg

You can read all about it here :

• 2 months later...

We recall this TA as being one of our favorite cruises and would love to do it again . The prices on Celebrity have gone up a lot and so we looked to other cruise lines and found that we could afford a full suite on the Regal for about the price of a Sunset Veranda . While in our planning stage we found a missing SD card from this trip that my wife took . We noticed that a number of cruise lines are skipping Bermuda Celebrity included . So with that in mind and the fact that Bermuda may be getting another hurricane we will return to yesteryear with some lost photos from this trip , beginning with Bermuda .

L1110569%202_zpsbkiiijji.jpg

L1110570%202_zps19pbvxbx.jpg

L1110580%203_zpsdmdymdyq.jpg

L1110594%203_zpsl7mpxsf9.jpg

• Like 1

And look , across the rapeseed field , it's the Amber City !

L1120061%203_zpsqbuaav6u.jpg

Aka Mount Saint Michel . An island at high tide , low tide can fall 46 ' leaving it accessible by foot or vehicle 

L1120066%204_zpsurlumdit.jpg

There's an Abbey at the summit

L1120088%203_zpsdguualsx.jpg

But we came to eat and eat we did at  La Mere Poulard

L1120073%203_zpsusver9ay.jpg

L1120074%203_zpsgobejfq3.jpg

L1120075%203_zpsqd4fpkzz.jpg

L1120076%203_zps1u7rjxyi.jpg

The view on the way down

L1120078%203_zpsvqwqo8os.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 1

As I'm currently on the Equinox, I was trying to remember the name of the sandwich restaurant.  Both my wife and I couldnt.  This thread pops up and there it is, on the first page from 2015.  Bistro on 5.  Wow.  Its interesting to see the old furnishings/menus and how things have changed in 4yrs. 

9 hours ago, calicakes said:

As I'm currently on the Equinox, I was trying to remember the name of the sandwich restaurant.  Both my wife and I couldnt.  This thread pops up and there it is, on the first page from 2015.  Bistro on 5.  Wow.  Its interesting to see the old furnishings/menus and how things have changed in 4yrs. 

We took our grandson on a Baltic cruise a year after our TA and he loved the Nutella crepe at the Bistro on 5 . We found my wife's missing SD and it had this TA and the Baltic cruise on it . In St. Petersburg room service had to wake up our grandson !

L1120685%203_zps1ecifztg.jpg

Talk about changes , He's 6' 2" and drove over to the house to help us with some work  yesterday , and you wouldn't recognize him !

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 1

After our stop at Mount Saint Michel we stopped at Deauville . Walking back from the beach

L1120153%203_zpsjlbwwrx7.jpg

L1120159%204_zpsuifsho3j.jpg

L1120163%203_zpslbgjhb4a.jpg

L1120160%203_zpsunk2c5uw.jpg

This thatched roof has flowers growing on top

L1120170%203_zpsqtgk8gh0.jpg

Back on ship in time for dinner 

L1120177%203_zpsvde5ljmh.jpg

The name Deauville reminds me of the greatest concert that I never saw . In the winter of 1964 my neighbor's sister worked at the Deauville Hotel in Miami Beach . She was given tickets to a concert in the hotel and her brother asked if I could go along with them . My father said that there was no way that a 13 year old should go to a rock concert and besides , the Beatles would only last a year or less .

The next photos in my DW's camera were from Moscow . After we left London we flew to Saint Petersburg where we would be staying in an apartment for about 10 days . We went from there on an overnight trip to Moscow . I'll use some of my photos to bridge the gap to her photos . We left St. Petersburg from the railway station on the Sapsan high speed train .

P1050084-001_zps60281264.jpg

IMG_0445_zpskef4c27m.jpg

On the train , the current Sapsan magazine showed the previous weekend's Victory Day Parade in Moscow .

DSC03195_zpsngihndrk.jpg

Russian Railways welcomes you aboard ! The train announcements were in Russian first and then in English .

P1050432-001_zpsa212ba63.jpg

Here's some good information on the Sapsan :

http://www.russiantrains.com/en/page/sapsan-train

We rode in car # 2 , business class which included a breakfast . I've never had chicken for breakfast before , but it was quite good .

98234286-aa14-4509-8376-6274e362b009_zpsm5i8verq.jpg

Leaving SPB we saw dachas , second homes in the country .

DSC03204_zpsspiat1oi.jpg

On that evening in London , Al Stewart was playing in concert , including a historical WW II song called Roads to Moscow . I thought that it was perfect to listen to while we were on the train to Moscow . This was from one of the first record albums that I bought after being discharged from the Navy . We would be seeing him perform it at The Royal Albert Hall a week later .

Next stop Moscow ! After almost 4 hours we had arrived at the train station .

We met our guide Alina at the train station ( pictured here at lunch ) .

0d44aeb4-7bf6-4f96-8a37-aef7247ec1ae_zps8ozmmpxn.jpg

And headed out on the Metro toward the Kremlin

IMG_0467_zpsgbnmx3yc.jpg

Oh my!!  So glad to see all these pictures of what I believe will always be our favorite Transatlantic cruise!!!! It truly had such a wonderful itinerary!!  We loved sharing some of the tours with you and really hope that we will find you both on a cruise with us in the future!!!  

We really like the Regal too, it's a great ship and Vines is a great "pre-dinner" cocktail spot! We will be on her in just 36 days!!

It was our favorite too . We're missing you and your excellent organizational skills and leadership . We also miss Bermuda on our next TA in April on the Regal. So only 35 more days? For us it's 35 weeks!

Thanks for bringing the Regal back to Florida where she belongs . Is this a celebrating  hurricane season will be ending cruise ? 😎

After the changing of the guards we walked across Red Square to Saint Basil's

L1120317%203_zpseu1fv4hf.jpg

Since it looked like rain we ducked into GUM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUM_(department_store)

IMG_8458-001_zps16a36a09.jpg

L1120328%203_zps5gja1slf.jpg

GUM is great photo op for newlyweds and it produced one of my favorite photos - a game of bridal tug of war .

IMG_8468-001_zps1d14592a.jpg

21 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

It was our favorite too . We're missing you and your excellent organizational skills and leadership . We also miss Bermuda on our next TA in April on the Regal. So only 35 more days? For us it's 35 weeks!

Thanks for bringing the Regal back to Florida where she belongs . Is this a celebrating  hurricane season will be ending cruise ? 😎

I like the idea of "celebrating the end of hurricane season"  Actually this cruise leaves on Halloween so I am sure the first night will be great fun.  We did this same cruise last year on the Regal and sailing out of Brooklyn with the Statue of Liberty and NY skyline directly in front of us was just wonderful.  The weather was perfect that day, hoping for a repeat this year!!!